QTDDTOT

Why do I get cramps in my hamstring when I'm doing chin ups?
If I have to get off the bar once or twice during a chin up set because my leg is cramping, did I miss the set?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q5sNYB1Q6aM
kinobody.com/workouts-and-exercises/how-to-get-big-shoulders-without-steroids/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Doing 8:16 intermittent fasting, how do I allocate my macros?

Hello guys, I do weightlifting (and sometimes cardio) in the morning, get home and eat a big meal at 11 then another meal at 18:30 and fast from 19 to 11.

Right now I eat 291g carbs, 44 fats and 73 proteins (1715kcal) at 11 and 62 carbs, 45 fats and 60 proteins (975 kcal) at 18:30.
Is this a good allocation? Should I modify something? I'm currently cutting, 193cm tall, 89kg.

Also should it be different on rest days?

Thanks!

How much can mobility be improved?
Will I ever have great mobility?
Or have 18 years of sitting on my ass and 5 years of lifting/working out without much mobility work fucked it up for good?

Macros look fine
No idea, m8.
Maybe stop kipping?
A huuuuge amount.
Yes, if you dedicate yourself to developing mobility for 3 months, you will have insane amounts. 6 months if you half ass it.
Nothing that sitting on your ass has done cant be reversed.

Because youre squeezing your butt.
Just squeeze your abs dude.

>natty
>big
>lean

If you can only pick two does that mean you can't have natural abs that are both visible and cut well?

I know this is a beginner routine but can I use it as a stepping stone off beginners strength programs like SS/SL to incorporate some aesthetics now?
Seeing as I'm stalling on my big lifts I'm thinking of adding weight weekly now, or using 5/3/1 periodization for the big lifts.

Are there any other more suitable routines for intermediate aesthetic gains?
And what should I do next?

You can.

You just wont look like you lift when you wear a t shirt, and will weigh 165lb

is 1/2/3/4 for reps or 1RM? it seems pretty easy to hit if it's just 1RM.

I'd say getting to 5 rep 1/2/3/4 is good

No.
Dont do a linear program if you cant progress linearly. Shit is for novices.

Do a texas method push pull legs.
Fitsticky.com has a bunch of intermediate programs

Reps.

thanks.

been lifting and eating well for about a month now, so just starting

really want to get bigger, but i fucking my love handles and soft chest. will i fuck myself if i hate at a small deficit? or will i still look better?

anyone here ever got upper outer thigh pain when running? sets in after about 2miles, feels like its related to rotation

Noobs can make gains on a deficit.

Just dont expect it to last

Not op but
>noobs can gain on a deficit
Even on a mostly Calisthenics routine?
>don't expect it to last
How long are we talking?

I should mention I'm permacut so TM wouldn't work

Moved up in bench and squats and I'm now getting bad cramps in my abs.

What does it mean and what should I do about it?

been lifting for 5 months now
main goal is to lose weight
I'm 5'11 and 195lbs, what's my bf%?

was thinking mid 20s

i'm gonna quit ohp.

i keep injuring my shit

i've tweaked my form several times but still, i get strange pain in my shoulders and semi frequently tweak my back/neck area

i think i may have a rare acromion or some other issue.

i have a great bench press and never had sore shoulders from doing it.

since i started ohp, i've had nothing but problems.

i think my bench, row, dead and seldom db lateral raises should be enough. i also squat.

i have no aspirations to become competitive in any overhead movements. am i out of line in my thinking? either way, i won't be pressing overhead for a while.

tm is still what you want

hey man, nice delts aren't worth an injury.

just don't expect joocy shoulders.

how do your shoulders feel when you do incline??

have you posted a video of your form?

also pull ups and rows are good for rear delt.

since i started, my bench has gone up 100 lbs, ohp has gone up 70 lbs

lat raises have gone up 5 lbs if i dont tire myself out first

am i getting meme'd??

that seems odd, mine went up drastically as my OHP went up.

how is your form? you locking your knees, squeezing your glutes, bracing your core, externally (not internally) rotating your shoulders, leaning over slightly, and lifting with all three heads of the shoulder?

i went from like 15x8 to 30x6 as my ohp went from 115 to 140

If I know I can't eat enough post workout and hit my macros for the day, should I skip the gym and just take it easy or go for it anyway ?

looks closer to 18-20%
take another pic with more frontal lighting
a side pic wouldn't hurt either.

and get your arm out of the way.

dont try to flex or angle up. these pics aren't supposed to impress anyone.

bench press hits the anterior delts, no?

i'm only privy to a flat bench.

rows feel great but a preexisting work related injury caused me to stop doing chins for now.

i do deads, squats, rows, bench and am going to drop ohp and also add in some db lateral raises. i also do planks every day.

it is way better to lift without eating (i.e. cutting) than to eat without lifting (i.e. being amerifat)

No, how do u lift with all 3 in lat raise

>bench press hits the anterior delts, no?
not nearly enough
side lat isn't nearly enough for medial delts either. granted they don't hurt

front delt raises wouldn't hurt either, actually.

more external rotation for the front head
lean over farther for side and rear head.

always bring the dumbbell down to your side (touching your hips)

also make sure you keep your scapula retracted, as well as those other things i mentioned

youtube.com/watch?v=q5sNYB1Q6aM

this demonstrates external rotation

sean nalewanyj has a good video on form as well

Thanks internet man

No squat rack in this 'fitness center'. Should I do leg press or use the smith machine for squats?
>inb4 go to a real gym

>retracting scapula on shoulder movement
google how the scapula moves during a side/front raise

i meant for side lat, not front delt.
i always keep my scapula retracted when doing side lat raises prevents cheating.

my guess is you are too upright to do this, a small change in posture will allow it.
check the vid in
P.S. at 5:25 you can pretty clearly see all 3 heads contract

What are box squats used for? Can they increase your explosiveness/vertical jump?

consider dumbbell pistol squats.
i thought i was too weak to do a pistol squat, turns out i just needed some dumbbells to counter-balance myself at the bottom of the squat (i.e. dumbbells close to hips at the top, stuck almost straight out in front of me at the bottom)

smith machine squats pretty shit, though dorian yates swears by them, and you can't really argue with the GOAT.

leg press is meh.

i would do leg press, pistol, and plyometric work.

afaik that is mostly a rehab exercise for old ppl with weak cores.

jumping back squats & box jumps are what you are after.

How long does it take for glands/semen tubes to heal? It's been like three weeks since I went to the doc for a testicular infection and I still can't fap are feel horny like I used to.

is this really true? as an anecdote, when i was younger and had limited access to equipment, i did little more than bench press. i developed severly rounded shoulders. wouldn't this indicate that bench is a pretty good front delt lift?

I've seen some powerlifter guys do it, that's why I'm asking.

>jumping back squats
Do those really work? I'm afraid I'll only look retarded

oh you will definitely look retarded. and they definitely work.

if anyone gives you shit for it, remind them that dmitry klokov does it (if only for cardio)

kinobody.com/workouts-and-exercises/how-to-get-big-shoulders-without-steroids/

in the video in the link he says he did only side lat raises and bench, and his shoulders shrank

powerlifters just do it to prevent them from actually hitting proper depth

kek

thanks bro. How many reps/sets? And at what % of my 3x5?

No kek. /plg/ here, dead serious, that's why I do box squats. To train myself to only squat to the minimum required depth.

>squats 3x a week

how do you guys do it?

i'm on my second rest day squatting babbyweight and my legs are still sore

Will tanning for 30 minutes (15 each side) a day without sunscreen give me a sunburn? I'm white as fuck and tanning at noonish

I'm thinking of doing just half an hour this week, then next week add a little more time

Two things:

1. What does 3xf mean in strong lifts? 3 x rep to fail?

2. I just failed OHP at 25kg 5x5 should I kill myself? I'm in week 3

The soreness, you'll get used to, it will go away within 2-3 weeks.

The ballcrushing difficulty of squatting a new PR 3x a week, you will not get used to. It is INCREDIBLY difficult.
Luckily you only have to do it until you stop making progress, not indefinitely.

I've lost like 18 pounds and I'm having a hard time seeing a difference.

Send help?

I'm on ss but an article on tnation recommends that I can improve my posture by switching out bench and squat for dumbbell press and front squat. Is it a good idea to listen to this while I'm just starting to lift?

you're tightening up your entire body in a bent leg position, cramping your hams.

either straighten your legs out as much as you can or learn to relax them. even extending them 1-2 inches during the ascent will be enough of a cue for your brain to relax the hammies.

thank me later.

I'm taking HRT for trap mode, and I am currently cutting from 160lbs at 5'8" to 136lbs (I have a small frame so I need to be light to actually look good).

Now the question is, as that information was related, what muscle groups would look attractive being targeted for trap mode?

I understand that glutes and legs are important, but was wondering if there were any groups Veeky Forums would recommend for optimal appearance.

Thank you, and please be kind. I'm sorry for who I am.

No.

if you're starting out it matters very little what you do. i prefer front squats but hate db press. try them out and see what feels best.

if you fuck with SS, don't be surprised if things go bad. to get SS results you need to do SS.

1. yes

2. no. keep trying you'll get better

How should a manlet gain 10 pounds.
I'm 5'4 100lbs

5"10 175 lbs

I drink about 8-12 beers per day. Also a vegetarian and I don't get enough protein, I just casually eat junk food. I drink tons of water.

This has been going on for at least 3 years, and I am currently skinny fat, with decent strength and able to move around well.

If I keep drinking like I am but make more effort to get protein in and lift then can I expect significant improvements?

Everywhere I read it says alcohol kills gains, cuts, etc.

like anyone else: eat more. look up TDEE calculator and find out how you need to eat in order to gain weight. rule of thumb is 500 calorie surplus from maintenance.

i'm 5'10" 151lbs

started at SL 3 months ago at 137lbs and now i want to do something that will actually make me look like i lift

i track my calories and try to eat my bodyweight in grams of protein a day, 300g carbs and 50g fat on workout days. on rest days i eat my bodyweight in grams of protein, 200g of carbs and 80g of fat. i spend most of my time on the computer and my tdee is really low. myfitnesspal tells me i should be eating 2700 calories a day.

i started metallicadpa PPL which is 6 days a week. it has a lot more volume and i feel sluggish and tired throughout the day after every workout (i wake up, eat 100g of carbs and some protein before workout, then 100g of carbs + 50g of protein immediately after).

should i up the calorie intake via carbs and eat the same amount of protein/fat to give me more energy throughout the day? that'll put me over 2700 but at least i won't feel sluggish.

How do I start lifting? Everyone in my family is not athletic at all and I have no money. Virtually no friends, too. It pains me in every way shape and form knowing that I'm living as a shadow of what I could be...

Bump

Is the prior typical? Am I doing something wrong?

I'm taking occassional pics

Do callisthenics. Free and useful. Also really good start for noobs.

1- I'm currently taking whey protein. Should I also buy some casein? or creatine maybe?

2- Do stomach vacuums really works or is it just a meme?

if the number is going down that's all you should care about

it will show eventually

no casein yes creatine

nothing will make your abs pretty besides losing weight. lots of things will make your abs strong

do you go to college? use the gym there

if you dont follow a freeweight program you'll probably give up because there isn't a clear progression pattern

I'm at 20%bf. I figured weight loss would be a bit more obvious at this point.

I'm just nervous about dropping too much muscle desu

k so i'll rephrase

i went from working out 3 days a week to 6 days a week on bulking daily calorie limit of 2700. on my new program i feel a bit more sluggish even on 2700 calories.

can i increase my carbs in hopes of feeling more energized throughout the day (+300) or will this make me gain more fat?

Yesterday when doing squats I squeezed my shoulder blades together because I read that it was the correct form.
Had pain on my upper back and even today it feels strange.
Tomorrow I've got to continue doing squats and I really need to know what happened or what is the most common mistake that makes you have some pain on you shoulder blades (it kind of hurts when I move them).
Thanks. (posted it on another thread, but I think this is the correct one to ask).

post pics of feminine benis

Ive only worked on my upper body for like 3 years, I just did squatz atg today and now my quads hurt and burn like a motherfucker, could barely walk up and down the stairs without holding onto the rails, this is normal right? This shit hurts alot.

yep. gonna be like this for a week or two.

I was away for 2 weeks, so I missed 6 sessions of SS.
Should I start off where I left off?

no, start off where you were 6 weeks before, before the 6 weeks if you remember.

>sessions
>weeks
idiot

Anyone use hook grip for heavy deadlifts on a regular basis?

My thumb keeps slipping at about the same weight I can do double overhand without my grip giving out.

Does it take any kind of thumb stretching exercises or lots of practice to master?

What sites do you guys use to look up exercises?

Stomach vacuums work 100%

I feel like if I do start though I'm gonna lift like a fuckin' gremlin and mess my joints up. How would you react if some lanky kid came up to you and ask you for a form check?

Fatmode here learning to feed myself
Sticky says I need 1g per pound of body weight, I'm 240 pounds, do I really need that much? That's like a kg of chicken a day and that's a shit load of food

alcohol does kill gains

I'm going to start Smolov Jr. on Monday, and I was wondering if I could do it for both bench and squat at the same time. Basically, I was thinking of running it for 6 weeks instead of 3, benching twice a week and squatting twice a week - 4 total gym days. What do you guys think?

Go with lean body weight, and even that's usually more than necessary. But still a decent goal to hit

I shit very regularly. Always at 6-7am. Now that I'm (clean) bulking, my shits have become extremely large. The "texture" is normal and apparently healthy, however, the process of pooping is a pain in the ass. I feel anally raped for an hour afterwards.

How can I start shitting twice a day? The amount of fibre I eat doesn't seem to make much difference.

What exactly am I supposed to envision my feet doing when I run? I've been heel striking for as long as I remember but I read that landing mid foot is proper running form. I read one tip to picture my landings not as shock absorbers but as if I'm crawling but with my feet. So it's kind of like I'm perpetually falling or being propelled forward, and my steps are supposed to be propelling me forward instead.

Maybe like skipping a stone on water as opposed to throwing and bouncing a ball towards something?

That still sounds like hell of a lot of food, maybe I'm doing something wrong. Surely I'll learn along the way
Or maybe a dietitian or is that plain silly?

bump

Is beer the ultimate bulking method? It's lots of carbs so why not?

alcohol lowers test and disturbs sleep

Ok just to be clear we're both talking about grams of protein right? Not total food daily.
And even then 1kg = 1000g so I'm not sure where you got 1kg of chicken from.

Don't forgey liquid protein like milk, whey etc. Those will make it a whole lot easier to meet your protein goals. 2 scoops is about 50g. The rest can be easily had through conscious choices like having meat, eggs, and/or dairy in every meal etc. It's almost like a puzzle, you'll find a way to put it together.

when i squat my spine moves towards the left when going up, how can i fix this.

like when i push upwards my lower back moves to the left

Do you really need to go from 1.5gproteins/kg of bodyweight to 2.2g when cutting?

can anyone tell me what is causing my terrible overhead mobility?

How good are hack squats and leg presses as opposed to squats? I can't squat due to an un treatable ankle issue (Have talked to professionals about it). Any other exercises I should add to make up for squats? I go pretty heavy on both leg press and the hack squat (900/540) but I still feel like I'm missing out.