Fat to Fit progress thread

These tend to be the best threads on here and definitely the most positive. So I'll go ahead and start one.

Post progress pictures and motivation. Ask for advice and help those who are just starting out.

For me 5'9"
240->182 lbs
Took about three years. Any advise on getting your family into fitness? My whole family is still chubby and seem to always be trying to lose weight but never seem to be able to keep it off.

Good job dude, you're looking great. Do you have any idea what your bf% is?

Mirin hard man, hope to look like you one day. Idk about your family, maybe give them advice on their diet?

As for me, I'm 5'10" 190, down from 225 since February. Almost feels like I made no progress but other people say I'm thinning down so okay. Any advice for me? I'm currently on a 700cal deficit btw.

>For me 5'9"
not impressed

Did you just eat at maintenance as a beginner?
I'm 5 months in with some nice gains, started as a skelly, but my bulking has given me a gut. I want to cut but I hear that's really bad as a beginner. Not sure which of the three to do atm.

No idea if guess around 12 just by how I look
Solid work on the weight loss man, as for the advise definitely make sure you lift as you cut and find a diet/ way to eat that you can stick to. For me intermittent fasting has been a godsend.
Am I not a big guy 4u?
First year I lost 70 pounds while lifting got down below 170 then did a few bulk cut cycles and here I am. As a beginner you can definitely make gains on a cut they just might be a little slower.

notice any difference in the way people treat you?

I dont have a before, but i was 145 lbs and strung out on heroin. i managed to get clean and start lifting. im now 175 pic related.

what's your chest routine?

I'm a very arm dominant person so bench never really improved my chest. Last year it was definitely a weak point of mine, pic related. But I added in paused incline dumbbell bench and some type of fly into every upper body workout and it seemed to do the trick. I'm very happy with my progress chest wise.
Men seem to respect me more which is nice. But the main thing I noticed is now when I'm walking around girls will make eye contact and that never happened before. I know it's a really small thing, but it's kinda nice not being invisible any more.

All I have are facial before and after.

Still getting rid of that last 20 or so pounds and then I'm really going to bulk.

I'm really trying fit

Well done m8, crazy how much better your face looks. Good luck on your bulk, just take it slow and you'll be fine.

Thanks user. I'm still straight up skinnyfat and learning what I can from here and my older brother about lifting.

>crazy how much better you look.

Haha yea someone almost called my obese self ugly.

i went from a 7/10 to 10/10 in 2 magical years totally natty eating 10000 cals a day

girls literally get wet when i force their bf's to avert their gaze

God I can never tell if the first pic is the shoped version or not.

>dat jaw line

nice m8

I've lost 26kg but still have ~30% BF.
the ride never ends

that face is definetly not a 10/10
lets say 7 or 6 cause you look like a short man

Thanks user! Didnt know I had one for the longest time

280 on the left, 180 on the right

This was after losing 50 lbs already

Back to a bulky 17% 240 now, almost up to a 400 bench

Time span was about a year at 1500 cal a day

Nice man. You're giving me some hope

Posted this before, but here's from 5'9" 204 pounds down to 174 pounds.
I played sports and worked some manual labour so I had some muscle when I was fat.

Do people just tan when they get fit or does getting healthier make you tanner?

Either way impressive user

Thanks!
I had started rowing outdoors in the second picture, though I may just be a bit washed out from the lighting in the first.
About an 8 month difference in between pics.

looking really tight. your abs look sick too

How many of those pounds were hair?
Jesus Christ you looked like a fucking homeless man before

Nice job OP. I'm a 5'8" manlet who also weighs 182 lbs right now but for me it's all fat. Definitely my new goal.

I'm in desperate need of some advice... I have never been into a gym before and have no idea how to use equipment. I have been cutting long enough to drop 40 pounds and now I'm sitting around 195, so I'm thinking its a good time to start.

I'm really anxious about looking like an idiot, like if I mess up on form or something. Also from what I know people stare at other people in gyms for some reason which makes me more nervous. Any advice? I really want to be fit, I've been a fatass my entire life and want to change that.

368->210

Here is the thing, most of the time nobody really gives enough of a shit to pay attention to who you are. If you have someone who can "mentor" you that's the best option. If not then just go by yourself and ask some dude who knows what he is doing to help you out abit. Most regular people won't find it too annoying to help a newbie.

Okay guys, shut up

1500 cal a day? of what pure chicken?
only asking because mirin

Its just another barrier man. Take it like all the other hurtles and gather your courage man.

You look ....super.

1 year and 3 months
189 to 151 and a bulk from
151 to 156

Mirin pretty hard dude

Myron
Good ab insertions
Any loose skin after all that weight lost? I have a bit but it's only noticeable if I'm sitting in a chair and leaning over without a shirt

>saving pictures of Supermong

Why

nice!

Yeah, you'll notice im strategically covering the hang with my and. it's not that bad even though I lost the wight too fast and already had a ton of stretch marks from yoyo dieting in the past.

>tfw 5'9 and look fat at 177 lb.
Do I just keep cutting and build more muscle mass after?
I don't even know how far I need to drop to.

I think the amount of loose skin you end up with is more genetic and how much weight you lost rather than how quick. It sucks but it is what it is I guess

What was your diet like? I can't get myself to stop binging on snacks and I just keep gaining weight no matter how hard I lift. I'm 5'10 197 and this is the fattest I've ever been in my life. Please help.

What was your diet?

6'1" 300lbs->180lbs
tooks about 12 months. been maintaining for 4

either way, stretch marks dont heal (they're scar tissue) so ill always have some amount of looseness. its about as tight now as it will ever get. also not as lean as i could be but tryin to put on some muscle atm

For sure, have a ton of those too on my hips and right behind my shoulders

fuckkkk does that loose skin ever fuck off?

Yes, breast, skinless, no condiments with calories unless I'd cut out that scoop of peanut butter

32 oz a day, only allowed myself to eat at 8 pm, black tea and coffee and water only throughout the day

Veggies measured out but that usually got me pretty full, asparagus carried the day, but between keto piss and asparagus it was absolutely horrendous smelling

Morning fasted cardio with a cup of coffee, then workout in the afternoon, college any time.in between

If me and the boys went out drinking, I'd usually not eat anything or only bare minimum protein to make room for boozin

I let myself have a cheat day once biweekly, as long as I didn't break 5k calories it was okay by me

this dude shaved his stomach hair to make his abs look better lmao

Holy shit brother good job.
Also, you look like Jax Teller from sons of anarchy. You must have a wide collection of pussy

All of this comes in the stick. Want to loose fat? Lift.

Not really fat to fit, but I was auschwitz mode before the first picture, 118 lbs at 6' at my lowest, went up to 190 and as of now I'm cut down to 170

what the fuuuuuck huge props dude. fucking inspiration for me.

holy shit I'm 5'7" and 245, I was hoping 200 would let me look acceptable in clothes.

Im trying cocoa butter creams or whatever and it seems to be working a bit, but this is why you dont get fat

I've fasted more days than not this month. Have only lost like 5 lbs and 1.5 inches from my waist. I suck at fasting.

>that shower curtain
>that pose

dat loose fat tho

Was best current front shot from stuff sent to gf
._.

Your body is getting leaner but your face looks fatter whats up with that

Happens sometimes with salt bloat

think i'll do my cut slower. but good job regardless, man. gonna get surgery to tighten your skin, or are you hoping to fill out the best you can?

lifts?

no advice but youre doing all you can, which is influencing them a bit.

cant force people to do anything, they have to make it up in their own mind.

Seems the general consensus from people that actually lost a lot of weight is the loose skin is gonna happen to gas giant hamplanets regardless of duration of cut.

As for the surgery? I wholly intend to get that stuff cut off when I have the 20 grand lined up to do so. The plan after recovering from that is to use the scars to do a bad ass manlet (lmao5'10") Sagat copay.

>""""""gf""""""

Not the most impressive transformation but I'm proud of my hard work. Left is January, right is June. 220lbs>195lbs. Currently lifting on lean bulk excited to build some muscle. 6'2"

kek

Not sure why it's cutoff, here's another upload

One day I'll post in these threads, started working out and eating right down from 302 to 290. I'm 6ft 3 my wake up call was buying my first 2xl shirt

stats before and after? how long progess?

Wow that's fucking awesome dude, congrats

jan 2015 to now (18 months)
lifting since aug 2015 (~10 months)
180+ cut to 154 then bulked to 166 lbs

>before:girl
>after:alone

Never change Veeky Forums

10 months.
4 days lifting 5 days cardio a week.
310lbs start
currently 225lbs

congrats bud, there was a solid jaw hidden under all that fat after all

GJ user! What was your diet like?

try being skinnyfat at 6' and 155
I started off at 210
I'm not skelly af, so I am genuinely wondering if my bones are hollow

Hello newfriend, how is summer treating you?

> with girl and happy
> fit and alone

Thanks brah. Ate 500 below maintenance for a few months just to cut the fat, the right pic was taken 3 weeks into maintenance+500.
I have been eating 100% non processed foods with the exception of a few cheat meals here and there.
Lots of bacon, eggs, chicken, quinoa, rice, egg noodles, whole grain bread, unsweetened shredded wheat, beans, tons of raw fruits and vegetables. My diet was complete shit last year i was eating fast food 10+ times a week

How the fuck do you do all that in 15 months?

what was your diet like ?

Nice droopy nips

Fat to skinnyfat DYEL here.

After pic was a few weeks ago so I'm a bit lighter now. Gonna try to lose my lovehandles before I start my bulk.

Currently eating at a 500 deficit. Doing bodyweight workouts 6 days a week and light cardio 3 days a week.

422->235 lbs
A year and no gym membership.

god damn, my dude. keep up the good work

Good work user.

Did the stretch marks disappear on their own? How long did that take?

Stretch marks are still there. The ones are my arms are mostly invisible I think.
But the ones on my stomach and back are noticeable, but at least they are faded and not bright pink like they used to be.

Thanks famm I got pretty lucky with loose skin but I do have some on my chest

You can get it done cheaper in another country (medical tourism). It definitely shouldn't cost that much.

Facial Progress

Proper b8

Always impressed by your work senator

If you have any muscle your six pack will appear around 140.

I trained a guy who went from ~400 to ~240. His insurance paid for his surgery.

He was worse off than you though. They had to cut off his nipples and restitch them in about 6 inches higher.

Dude's still lifting though. Stronk as an ox. I think recently hit 5.5 plate diddly.

But you looked so adorable big ;-;

routine/diet? As 15 months seems a bit too fast for that transformation, but good job man.

Fat>Faggot