Definitive Proof Bodyweight Exercises Are Just a Meme

Training to set a world record of an astonishing 7300 pull ups in a 24 hour window can get you a physique as impressive as the dyel in this pic.

"Beginning Saturday at 8 a.m., he started his pull-up marathon. Within six hours, the Langley High School junior completed 3,515 pull-ups - a new world record. By 12 hours, he had finished 5,742 pull-ups - another world record. Then he set his sights on a final record - the most pull-ups performed in 24 hours: 6,800 completed by Czech Republic athlete Jan Kares in 2015.

At the 15-hour mark, Shapiro matched Kares' 24-hour record and kept going. After 18 hours of pull-ups, Shapiro stopped, having put his chin above the bar 7,306 times. His family set up three video cameras to continuously record Shapiro's attempt while 15 judges observed his efforts and completed paperwork to certify the achievement for the Guinness World Records books."

chicagotribune.com/sports/highschool/ct-high-school-junior-7000-pull-ups-world-records-20160517-story.html

Since this story broke almost a month ago, I'm surprised there haven't been more threads about it on Veeky Forums.

PS: This is further proof that Bar Starz homos like Hannibal for King are members of /fraud/, but I think we knew that already. Kek.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s4zJad1_GeQ
youtu.be/Gx45nUETmIA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

have you ever opened a book about basic training principles?
he's obviously training for endurance
also i'd like to see if he actually did full ROM pullups

This. Imagine if this guys could do a 500lb pull-up

only definitive proof i see here is the one showing how narrowminded and uneducated are you

His form is probably as good as chang the clowns.

youtube.com/watch?v=s4zJad1_GeQ

oooooh so running is a meme because marathoners are skinny, right? also why eat? just look at fat people, didn't really work out for them right?

yeah that's what I immediately thought of kek
>Guinness in charge of actually knowing what a pullup is

SHOO SHOO GOBLIIN

Changy-boi getting blown the fuck out, lmao

>so mad he stopped making sense mid-sentence

does Veeky Forums hate bodyweight training because neckbeards simply can't do it? most people here are overweight introverts who harbor immense hatred toward the stereotypical athletic person (chad, was it?). whoever told you that an anime and vidya addict who sits on a chair all day with atrocious mobilty and posture will benefit from doing a heavy, short range of motion movement like the low-bar squat for 3 sets twice a week and purposely overeating the rest of the week is the real gains goblin my friends.

There was some guy on misc, member of extremist pullup crew
Did some crazy shit like pullups with 400lbs and such

(((shapiro)))

So.. why is it a meme?

because the dude's arms are smaller than rich piana's. but OP is gonna circumvent this doomed way of training by doing squats and exceeding the natty limit.

It's because people who start fat can't do them.

Which is 95% of Veeky Forums

I see these threads every now and then and you still haven't convinced me to switch to weights from calisthenics

Retard, this board is about making gains no matter what, not actually being healthy

OP is retarded. this changes nothing, If you like doing calisthenics just keep doing you senpai.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT BAR FRAUDZ BTFO!

BODYWEIGHT FAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH KEK

>being this stupid and not working like olympic lifters

olympic lifters incorporate powerlifting, bodyweight and bodybuilding exercises in their routine.

best of every world. stop being dogmatic fags or fanboys of a particular type of training and start being smart.

pic related is lu xiaojun, olympic lifter

because it takes longer than conventional weight training. longer = less people accomplish. that being said, as a fat fuck my first goal was to do a pull up

If your diet is on point, you have a good routine and you start out DYEL could you build muscle with bodyweight/calisthenics?

youtu.be/Gx45nUETmIA

dude is aesthetic as fuck

from back squats and OHP, to lateral raises, pushups, dips, chin-ups and even curls.

dude does everything. now stop being faggots and shitposting and go workout.

one more.

[spoiler]n-no homo[/spoiler]

>spoiler tag doesn't work on Veeky Forums
i always forget how shitty it is here.

Worked for me. If you're a DYEL with no strength though I'd recommend you do stretches to develop some flexibility before jumping into bodyweight training, that way you don't waste time early like I did

Definitely, just don't expect to be completely jacked

It's because the goals are completely different.

Calisthenics with very high rep-ranges train type I muscle fibers, low-rep range weightlifting train type II muscle fibers. Just because you can do a 100 pushups on 70kg bodyweight doesn't mean it will translate to a 200kg bench press for reps. Needless to say it goes the other way around too.

Yes, but the progressive overload will be more on endurance then hypertrophy.

Not that DYEL, I can do 20 pushups with good form.

I don't expect that.

Higher rep ranges on bodyweight exercises don't allow for better muscle/strength building?

Thanks for the advice so far

>guy who doesn't train with weights sucks at training with weights

Show me the power lifter doing a front planche or handstand push ups

>I'm stronger
>Can't do weighted pullups or dips, his supposed area of expertise
H-h-he had an advantage, g-guys

>thinks he's on reddit
>disappointed when he realizes he's not

The black guy is on roids, romano is probably as well

He'd be a fool do do full ROM while going for a world record, the bare minimum is obviously the best approach.

dead hang -> chin over bar is the bare minimum
this chink isn't even doing that

I really doubt he isn't

The muscular endurance to do 7300 pushups in 24 hours is far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far more useful than the strength to squat a bookshelf five times

Chinese lifters, like most Olympic lifters, use PEDs. Thus there bodies aren't comparable to what a natty lifter could achieve.

Says who? He'd make a decent rock climber or something, but how is that a transferrable skill any more than weight lifting?

I went from 58kg to 68kg at 182cm using almost entirely calisthenics.

dudes obviously going to be a skinny fuck seeing as it's an endurance-based body weight record. though it seems like someone with no legs would come along and train hard as fuck for this and btfo of everyone.