Has anyone here overcome /laziness/ or /ADHD/?

Has anyone here overcome /laziness/ or /ADHD/?

I am incredibly lazy, and getting anything done that isn't passive entertainment is very hard for me... I can't even keep up my basic responsibilities such as hygiene and room tidiness, and getting through an entire workout/cardio session is nearly impossible.

What can I do? Any prescription drugs I should try to get?

I'm the same way, except that I can't even get "passive entertainment" done. My literal favorite thing to do is just lie in bed for as long as possible and do absolute fucking nothing. I just lie there: not sleeping, not looking at anything, not thinking, just existing and burning away the precious hours of my lifespan.

I'd say go for Veeky Forums memes.
-Meditate
-Read
-Build "discipline", make it a habit and have the mindset if you don't do x every day you'll die(Only works if you don't want to die. If you do want to die, find another motivation besides death). I like cute things, so I do it to exist to read or look at a new qt every day.

Once you build it into a habit, it's pretty easy. From dyel college dropout w/ no talents and hobbies to fairly fit and graduating in one year w/ actual skills developed

tl;dr find a reason for doing/existing then build habits

you want to get prescribed drugs to fix your laziness? good luck with that

Who is that? Name?

doesn't matter, he was on roids

I am more or less in your situation. I suggest you to read books because nothing else made a dent for me:

Goals!
The power of habit
Getting Things done
No more mr. nice guy

They are all pretty good and feeds yourself some motivation, but it's up to you build the discipline to keep it up

Who isnt lol

the absolute best discipline you can develop is creating a to-do list every night, and following it the next day.

It'll take some trial and error on learning how many working hours you have in the day, but once you get into the swing of things and can stay true to your list, the life-gains you'll make are limitless.

www.habitica.com
^free and easy way to create and check-off a too do list, along with other things

Another tip is to think more about the CONSEQUENCE for NOT doing something vs the REWARD for doing something.

Do you want to be an unhealthy loser in your 30s, or a successful and healthy guy with many accomplishments.

Trust me, all it takes is becoming a slave to your to-do list, it will fix everything.

i deal with the laziness everyday, but that's because of cancer. try these options, op: get potassium, iron, folic acid supplements to boost your immune system. prescription strength is something to look into if its literally inhibiting your everyday activities.

drink plenty of water, no juice/beer/wine in moderation/soda, and consider upping your cardio. it can even be a brisk 40 minute walk or some shit.

I started with the mindset of making lifting part of my lifestyle. Lifting was something that I had wanted to do for some time and the catch was that if I was going to start lifting I had to keep going for life (or until I'm mangled beyond the ability to do so). In that sense I overcame my laziness by making lifting into something that I just do, not something I have to do or even want to do.

The secret to sticking to something is making it part of your behaviour. Lifting is no different--if you make it a part of who you are you will have minimal problems with sticking to it.

I tried to do lists but I never follow them. On the first day I will complete all the tasks, then 80% of them for the next day, then 50%, then 20%, then I don't even bother coming up with a list after that.

What kind of cancer do you have?

I've been trying for years now to actually regularly go to the gym and get #shredded. Never managed to stick to it for over a few months though. So about a year ago I started doing that 7 minute fullbody workout, twice in a row, every day. So thats 15 minutes of pretty exhausting excercise every day.

You wont get big doing this, but I think for people who struggle to motivate themselves to actually drive to the gym, change, workout for 45 mins, shower and then drive home 4 times a week, its a pretty good solution.

It also got rid of all my neck/back aches

Find the rage that is built into your system. It might be buried beneath layers and layers of trash, leftover feelings, frustrations, food, videogames and laziness, but it IS there.

And it will continue to be there until you die because you're a man. You could have aids and cancer and it would still be there. Find a way to get it out. When I get pissed off at myself I get ridiculous results. The bad thing is; it's not the most reliable/sustainable effort system, but it can be enough to get you going

that's why it's a discipline user, if you don't legitimately force yourself through they early weeks it'll just become another failed activity by you.

set goals, write them down, determine the sub tasks that will contribute towards these goals, make to do lists, works towards them every day. cut out everything that isn't contributing towards your goals. keep doing it until it's a habit.

can't say I'm there yet but I've been doing it for a couple months and I'm much more productive than I used to be

stage 3 testicular cancer. thankfully its getting under control, but its frustrating to take a mountain of pills just to get up everyday

/personal blog

>What can I do?
You can try growing the fuck up as a start you loser.

post your life stats, I need a good laugh

I'm 26 years old but I never learned to grow up.

>Keeps up with basic responsibilities
>Keeps whole house clean
>Completes entire workout sessions 3-5 times a week
>Has a well paying career

Laugh away retard

Pretty sure ist clark kent

Cause you don't know anything else m8

You grew up when the world was getting increasingly scary and your parents thought it would be best to keep you on a computer and not force any obligations on you.

The neet lifestyle isn't a bad one to be honest, it's comfortable and low-stress, if you're content with low-accomplishment and can keep it up-- there's nothing inherently wrong with being a neet.

lads, wanna start a Veeky Forums guild on habitica? pretty good task/habit/to do list, and the ff7 theme makes it feel even more like a game.

>neet
>low stress
>parents constantly shitting you treating you like a loser and asking why you don't have a job

no way dude. the stress of being a low status person will literally kill you.

Methylphenidate senpai

whelp I dunno m8, I thought most people get into that situation because their parents are passive providers who don't give a fuck what their child is doing.

What the fuck were they doing in your teenage years when you were developing these low-effort habits?

I'll translate for you guys:

>Keeps up with basic responsibilities
Washes the dishes once a month

>Keeps whole house clean
Cleans his room once a year

>Completes entire workout sessions 3-5 times a week
because its all he got in his life

>Has a well paying career
works at walmart.

they were coddling me throughout hs and university and somehow I was supposed to come out as a fully capable man but actually knew nothing about life

a ""neet"" with a degree is not a fucking neet, you're just a stupid faggot

why are you so angry ?

C O C A I N U M
O U
C N
A I
I A
N C
U O
M U N I A C O C

One of my biggest issues is I don't seem to have the ability to shut things off and move to the next activity / job...

for example I woke up at 9pm, and I've been on Veeky Forums for 3 hours, I CAN'T FUCKING CLOSE THE TAB AND START MY 'MORNING' ROUTINE.

Any tips for that? literally killing my life, I'm supposed to be taking a gap year to get my shit together but I'm wasting it on social media & vidya.

Some people here don't even have that user you must be a normie fuck.

that pic never ceases to amaze

do you know what NEET stands for?
you can be a neet with a degree

once you have a degree, you have no business being in education

so no, NEET does not apply to degreefags

I've realized it's tiny steps building into habits. I'm still working on it. Though, I expect I always will be

Just take a couple, or three weeks and focus on a single task, daily or often enough. You may want to take longer before adding another one. Focus on just lifting for a while, or just lifting a certain way for a while. Add another. Add some cardio etc

You have to understand that some part of you enjoys doing it and the habit is so strong from years of reinforcement. Ignore the fact you're upset and pissed off at doing it. Do something productive and then come back to vidya and Internet. Never, ever get into the mindset of getting a fill of it so you can stop. See it as a proportion, right now 4/5 of your time is spent on the Internet, 1/5 is spent on whatever else

Try and get down to 3/5 to 2/5 instead and understand that will take a lot of power and time

>ctr+f
>No LSD posts

Do acid once. You figure out what i mean once it kicks in

This is my goal body. What do to get it?

I'm a lazy, good-for-nothing NEET and I can stick to it with ease brother. Lifting is one of my favorite things to do, so it is not a chore. Find some kind of exercise you enjoy my friend.

NEET = Not in Education, Employment or Training my friend.

>gradated over a year ago
>spent the entire time working at menial part time jobs, living with parents, and wasting all my free time on Veeky Forums
>probably only done a week's worth of actual work (learning programming) in the previous 12 months
>no motivation, no drive

How do I stop this? What books will help? It feels awful. I have memories of myself over a year ago telling myself that I'd start working hard on the next day.

roids

>implying it's immature to weightlift

Acid is pretty great but it can get repetitive at time, going insane and all.

Gook luck dude.

who /cripplingaddictiontocoffee/ here?

600mg of caffeine per day here

medication if you're absolutely fucked

otherwise take very small steps to self improvement

you might need the meds to do the latter though