Calves

So, back to the unanswered questios of the universe. Has anyone ever been able to make their calves grow?

Other urls found in this thread:

home.trainingpeaks.com/blog/article/the-primary-muscles-used-for-cycling-and-how-to-train-them
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I mainly do biceps curl variations and kickbacks but both standing so I'm also working my legs to some extent. Not seeing too much progress though, but don't worry it's also genetic

>Has anyone ever been able to make their calves grow?
>it's also genetic

You people are fucking retarded.
Calves grow from repetitive movement.
You can lift and gain a little definition from it, but that big bulge on the back. You'll never have calves as big as a dude who runs hills or a rucker barely moving faster than a walk.
Just do hundreds of calf raises, every chance you get. Sitting down watching tv? every hour do 200 calf raises.
You just keep doing them, if it doesn't hurt to walk around afterwords you didn't do enough.
Few weeks of that and you'll have noticeable calf gains.

omg thanks for this I fucking hate pistorius.

I hope they rape him daily tbqh fampai

CYCLING

PICTURE FUCKING RELEVANT

bullshit

I cycle everyday and my calves are shit-tier. Unless you meant cycles of gear

kek

Don't do this ever.
home.trainingpeaks.com/blog/article/the-primary-muscles-used-for-cycling-and-how-to-train-them
cyclist purposely train calves outside their chosen sport. it's shit for calf growth.

>Ride to and from the gym
>Top gear and top gear only
>Do 210 pound calve lifts in the leg press 3x15 3 times a week
>Still have pencils. Well defined pencils.

I run and hike and mine are pretty beastmode, I never train calves in the gym

Be born Asian for dem sick calves. Only problem is that you'll have a 90% chance of being a manlet; it's not worth the risk famalamdam

trainer here (trigger warning:PT)
if you faggots ITT want to get big calves you need to do 3 things :
1)Cardio that uses calves for long durations
eg uphill running,cycling,swimming (with fins)
2)calf raises with straight knees (gastrocnemius)
3)calf raises with bent knees (soleus)

if you skip one of these 3 you'll never get monster calves.

I'd say even cardio is enough
>tfw my dad runs a lot
>70kg DYEL with monster calves

It's the only way you can gain calf mass, everything else just tones it.
>60lb ruck
>hike 10 miles weekly
or
>run in an environment with a lot of slopes
guys like you always have huge calves, only way the body is able to life 150+lbs for hours weekly.

could also be a recovering fatty, 200-250lb guys who make a drastic cut will keep their huge calves.

Don't do this.

Ever see fat guy calves/ They are huge which leads me to believe lifting heavy weights will cause your body to grow.

Wait a second. I'm gonna start selling this idea.

The secret to fat guy calves isn't their weight but their lifestyle.
>walk up stairs 2-3 times per week
>remain completely sedentary otherwise
>eat at caloric excess
It's not fat guys work their calves out more, they just give them adequate rest.

I do calf-lifts and it works well. I also run for cardio.

Cycling is for fucking queers. It's just like veganism and Crossfit.

Thats right. They lift heavy weight for short periods of time and give them plenty of rest.

Same way you make any part of your body grow. So you should train them the same way as any part of your body.

cardio is the most effective way to make your calves grow. excluding synthol

father cycles a lot and he has huge calves

>Cycling is for fucking queers. It's just like veganism and Crossfit

Projecting this hard. What are you trying so hard to hide my friend? Could it be your sexuality? You sound like afraid riding a bike will magically to you into a queer but in reality you already are and you just don't want nothing bringing attention to that even if it wont in the slightest way you avoid it. Because you feel safest this way.

I'm not the faggot hipster here

When every step you take is the equivalent of a powerlifter workout for your calves, you'll no doubt get big calves.
It's still the repetition though, calf muscles are one of the fastest growing muscles in our body. They are designed to be able to take the damage of you walking every single day, opposed to only working out say your biceps twice weekly.
They also have a tendency to shrink faster than most muscles if you don't use them a lot.
Assuming you were proportional across your body and lived a sedentary life for a year, your calves would be a lot smaller than the rest of your body by the end of the year.

It's the muscle fibers, they are designed for one thing and one thing only. repetitive motion.

Would you rather grow two inches in height or one inch in calves?

>when you get up so fast you accidently leave your legs under your chair

how about you take your trip off faggot?
there's no point using it in this thread.

how about I shove my tongue deep inside your asshole so I can pull out some more of your opinions summer-kun.

Work up to power walking, keeping the pressure right on your calves, for 30 - 45 minutes. Then do a calves circuit.

Standing bodyweight raises: standard style. Explode to the top of the rep, then take over a second to descend. 30 reps.

Immediately do donkey raises, exploding and descending slowly. 30 reps.

Then do 30 seated raises with a weight plate on your knees.

Walk around for 30 seconds and repeat at least three times. When you get really good, you can train them going off of time rather than sets.

Calves are something you must work more than in the gym. If you're washing dishes, do calf raises. Watching YouTube? Raises until you subconsciously do it. You have to overload them.

This bro of mine is a twink all around but has fucking giant calves, people actually call him "Calfbro". All he does for legs is play soccer.

What am I looking at ?

Tren does the trick

Running hills brah

1 inch in calves, I'm already 6'3"

I run with a forefront strike. About all I need to do really.

same here
top kek once again manlets won't learn

The Blade runner

Murdered his wife and is finally on trial

I'm a long-distance runner only. I don't lift at all. My calves are big. Maybe you should do some running, OP.

Jump ropes.

you're all retards.
GENETICS.
i'm not saying its impossible to grow your calves, but you do have a natural limit.
some fat shit DYELs have massive muscular calves, while some others lift and have tried various different methods to grow calves (like myself) but can't that much, whilst other areas are fine in growth

just ride a bike with heavy resistance and stand up while doing so and your calves will grow in no time as well

Found the fatty.

I'm not sure if they help grow your calves much, but mine always feel worked after deadlifting

calves are a muscle like an other, if you dont have two slabs of solid fucking meat down there youre not even close to the "natty limit" you retarded fuck

Mine were like sticks. I started running. They got huge. Guess they got huge due to genetics and not the running?

80% of muscles in the calves are musculus gastrocnemius and soleus they are attached with tendon to the heel bone but what is important this tendon(achilles tendon) is very very long it makes up (depending from genetic) 40-60% long of these two muscles so even if you will train it as hard as you can you won't lenghten it.

>The Blade runner

Holy fuck

There is a limit to how much it can grow. That is clearly what he said. Expecting to get bigger calves that everyone else just because you lift is retarded.
The fastest man in the world (who is on steroids) has smaller calves than the average asian woman

>be fat when young.
>cease to be fat.
>never have to train calves again.

This is the only way.

>pick up heavy shut
>go up stairs
>?????
>PROFIT

Enjoy your prostate cancer.

>The fastest man in the world (who is on steroids) has smaller calves than the average asian woman
Dead fucking wrong. He is 6'5 and has size 13 feet. Using that as a reference, just by looking at that picture you can tell his calves are bigger than the average man's. There is no fucking way his calves are smaller than the average Asian womanlet skeleton.

>just by looking at that picture you can tell his calves are bigger than the average man's
You're delusional if you think his calves could ever be considered big

Are my calves okay? Newb lifter

You're a moron. He is tall as shit and his feet are fucking huge. His calves look slim in proportion to his body but they are most definitely bigger than the average man's.

Be very fat for 20 years then lose weight

Why is your butt clenched so tightly? It's... invigorating. No homo.

Lol, my shorts where long as fuck so I pulled them up, it's just a mild wedgie

Most powerful race here, I have calves like Christmas hams. Dad is in his 70's, still sick calves. Problem is I'm a Manlet.

All the countering opinions on calves is killing me. They're the last part of my body I'm not satisfied with and they have so far to go. I'm about to just try everything in a last ditch attempt. Would it be too much to go heavy weight raises one day, hill running the other day, and maybe high volume the 3rd day?

the only thing that pretty much can't be disproved is the fact that sitting AND standing calf raises are a necessary component in building your calves correctly

I bet you get winded walking up the stairs

I've been doing both for awhile now using progressive overload with no results. I might as well mix it up a bit if I'm not getting anywhere.

I could lift 200kg+ my weight on standing calves from the get go. I increased to 240 + my weight + double traps in a few weeks and can't go further because there isn't enough space to put more plates on the machine.
I had to stop training them but they are the same size as before.

High reps. Like really high reps. Hundreds.

Giraffemode dyel with monster calves here. Spend most of my life on the couch with a weekly uphill sprint sesh. Now lifting and have made no improvement to calf size, only shape.

Bump

>tfw 6'5" asian with 19.5" calves
Feels good mang

he is 6,5 the amount of muscle needing to go onto his shin is way more then the amount needing to be put on a smaller length shin, their for the amount of muscle on his cafe compared to the average man is way more, why do people have trouble understanding that a longer limb can have the same amount of muscle as a smaller limb that looks bigger it just has to be stretched because of more length it has to cover.

Japanese? cause we got some big ol calves desu

>the asian big calf meme
Tons of asians have puby calves

Nah I'm a filipino senpai

He can walk on his stumps?

>why do people have trouble understanding that a longer limb can have the same amount of muscle as a smaller limb that looks bigger
That's called genetics, user

Didn't know this either

>his calves look slim in proportion to his body
His calves are no bigger than his biceps you fucking idiot. And he isnt even at natty limit size.

yes all it takes is being permafat and biking for about 28 years of your life

The second post was obviously a joke you fucking autist

>most powerful race here
A-aryan?

inject steronds deirecty into calves

>manlets
>moon face
>lowest peripheral vision of any race
>tiny wangs

b-b-but muh calves are go-go-god tier guyz, we trury are the m-m-masta race.

>200lbs is fatty
Spotted the manlet.

I don't give a fuck about calves. You either have them or you don't. End of fucking story. Yes I'm bitter, but look at Lesner, 6'3 240 pounds and my calves blow his out of the water and im 5'10 70 kgs

I donut believe it.

Post pics.

>have great v taper, nice shoulders, back and arms
>calves are a joke, wear long pants at the gym to hide them
>go overseas for 3 months, don't have access to the gym as much as I like
>lose upper body size and strength relentlessly
>but develop insanely vascular defined calves from hill walks carrying a massive backpack everywhere I go
>come back home, upper body returns back to normal
>calves seem to atrophy
>female work mate - 'user your calves are the same size as mine teehee'
>CALVES ARE ALL GENETICS, REEEEEEEEEEE
>point to another workmate who has basically a womb where his calves are but he is fat as fuck where it's obvious the sheer weight he is carrying around shape the beasts
>fuck
>calves
>

>went overseas, backpacked everywhere

not him but look at jasons at 5'6

being this new