/plg/ - Powerlifting General

Welcome to plg

I'll put the link to the website when you fix your website you lazy skinny lanklord

>drug dealer edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/IR0W2S67bAk
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0084877
youtube.com/watch?v=-19fEPxzu5Y&feature=youtu.be&t=3m13s
iwf.net/2016/06/15/public-disclosures/
youtube.com/watch?v=YevYyI42F8w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1st for eating a whole pizza and two pints of ice cream #105bois

What diameter?

powerlifting general more like FATASS general am I right?

14"

>fix your website so we will never use it and bully you

Post the type of people you'd like to ban from the gym. Pic related.

Whats for din din tonight lads? Fish and chips for me.

>hinging back on the low bar squat
>not doing a lowbar position high bar style squat ATG because your loserbacks so fucked that's all you can do without hurting it any further

Hope u guys don't do this

Looks like Bear Grylls

mmm

Next time more pizza less ice cream

Next time more honour and less coward

Hahahhaha Holy fuck what a dunce

I just about shit myself when the dentist called - it had been 4 fucking years since I'd gone in.

It took an hour and a half to clean these chompers. Not a single cavity. FUCK YEAH LADS.

The same thing I eat every night, Pinkey. 4 scoops of unflavored whey, a crushed multivitamin, and distilled water.

This protein sparring modified fast... I don't even see food anymore. Just macros and calories.

I have this every day

I've Ive eaten chicken and vegetables within the past 3 days I somehow think that is acceptable to eat pizza and ice cream and nothing else

>tfw I've been doing this for the past few weeks

It's not a bad thing, it's how you reach your squat goals

The whole pizza part is breddy good tho. I love when I have the ability to do that lel

So Im the poster that was complaining about shallow squats due to bone structure.

My phone died so I never recorded bodyweight squats last night. Youll just have to take my word that theyre just as shallow as weighted.

Anyway heres an older video of my squat

youtu.be/IR0W2S67bAk

As you can see, I run out of hip flexion really early, and start curving in the lumbar. Stretching does not help, its a hip structure thing. Is there anything I can do to squat deeper? Thanks

>4 scoops of unflavored whey, a crushed multivitamin, and distilled water.

You're hyper extending lol
Your idea of how to squat is wrong, not your body.

I'd recommend watching different form videos until you find one that makes you understand the squat

Why does the hip flexor feel so fucking nasty to stretch?

I literally can't bring up the willpower to hold that stretch for 3 min, I start shaking all over my body and being sweating than when doing 10 RM squats

i ate a family size steak and ale pie, was 1400 calories...

6400 for the day i guess...

I'm preparing myself for the corporatist, cyberpunk, dystopian future that awaits - flavorless liquid calories and supplements by the handful.

There is no better way to cut. I've lost 130 pounds in 5 months - and my total is still higher than Rasputin's.

>mfw just 25 more days of this torture

If i didn't have delicious food in my life I would an hero.

>not ordering 2 pizzas every monday from dominos because it's 2 for 1 mondays
>not going to the store to buy peanut butter swirl chocolate chunk ice cream to devour while you wait for your pizza
>not conusming 7k calories a day in junk food

Yeah, that and GOCMAD

I used to be able to down a pie easily but my appetite has gone to shit recently, so I just drink a shitton of milk to fill up on cals.

>tfw eating vegetables and cooking my own food like an adult

Why would you ever drink a gallon of milk a day when you could make a gallon of yogurt and eat that instead?

>sacrificing them sick probiotic gains
>not making your own yogurt with Lactobacillus Reuteri
>not knowing that L. Reuteri increases testicle size and raises testosterone

journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0084877

C'MON! Don't you want dirty, big balls?

How does one do planks to complete failure?

I feel like I mentally just give up every time.
And I make struggling sounds like crazy close to the end.

God I'm such a mentallet

Didnt realize thread was abandoned

Can someone help with this? Will more knee travel allow me to squat deeper with less hip flexion ROM?

disgusting pig

Why is everyone posting their unhealthy "american" diets? I thought this was a powerlifting forum? You call yourselves "athletes" when all you eat are PIZZA and ICE-CREAM? You should be eating healthier foods like vegetables, low-fat milk, and chicken (skin off).

Take a page from Clarence (one of the greatest powerlifters in history) and eat healthy, wholesome, home-cooked meals, instead of that american fast-food slop youtube.com/watch?v=-19fEPxzu5Y&feature=youtu.be&t=3m13s

>90 lb Ohp today for 4 reps
I'll never reach 1pl8 OHP, kill me

>Why is everyone posting their unhealthy "american" diets?
they're manbabies

Thanks whomever posted this, please ignore my other post.

I dont think Im hyperextending. I do planks and glute bridges as a warm up for bracing. And even if I was, I still hit a wall very shallow in my squat.

you are.
and that's why you hit your depth wall.
why is this hard for you

I can tell you what I'm doing. Idk if it's working because I have short arms or what.
Right now I basically do a 4 week cycle.
Week 1: [email protected]%, 1X1@90%
Week 2: [email protected]%, 2X1@90%
Week 3: [email protected]%+10lbs, 1X1@90%+10lbs
Week 4: [email protected]%+10lbs, 1X1@90%+10lbs, 1X1+@90%+10lbs
And so on and so forth adding 10lbs every other week.
I also do extremely light RDLs on another day.
My theory for myself is that since I have so long to move the bar I can't handle as much volume and something very simple like this works best. Similar to how the very small ROM on my bench allows me to do a shitload of work and do a lot of work close to my max and still recover from it. Just my theory.
Jambalaya with a Keilbasa

>105
lmao twinks pls
Honestly women, in general.

Thanks mate I might try it

Is that guy natty?

>Honestly women, in general.

noooooooooo

>tfw all I want is to be muscular enough that I can eat whatever the fuck I want without getting obese

Np friendo. I think the heavy singles are what has helped me the most personally. High intensities are obviously taxing with DL but since high volume programs don't seem to help my pull I had to ratchet up the intensity and it's worked well.

I do. I always laugh at the likes of Joe, living off such tripe, or Isley propagating that you somehow need to eat it to "reach your goals".

iifym man ;)

yes

Above-moderate alcohol consumption fits my macros; doesn't make it good.

>above-moderate alcohol consumption
>not good
Whatever you say famalam

>tfw approaching ALL TIME prs in every lift
>tfw terrified in gonna fuck myself over or something bad will happen and I'll have to start over and rehab

>tfw you own the gym that pic was taken in

Haha, good one, high five.

Willem Shilberdink pls go

Or at least host another meet up that I can attend.

Why wouldn't it?

Decent/ Cheap-ish Protein powder in UK lads?

Preferably the stuff that has microdosed drugs in desu

Because I am a slow learner, but I really dont think Im hyperextending. I think that I just store a lot of fat at my lower back and glutes and it gives that appearance.

But, lets say I am anyway. How would a neutral lumbar allow more depth? Wouldnt hip ROM be the same either way? Im trying to wrap my head around this

>Im trying to wrap my head around this
Wrap your head around a noose instead

In for squats are the king of exercises
Also in for cleaning up your area after you make it disgusting

hyperextending compromises pelvic stability which dictates femur insertion into the hip sockets.

Got a L5/S1 fresh protrusion. Fun stuff bros

Welcome to the club m8

>2xBW
>404 not found

Thought the femur was attached to hip socket via ligament?

Thanks I'll be here all week

myprotein is a uk company i think and they have by far the best prices
>Preferably the stuff that has microdosed drugs in desu
only pwo has that desu

ty famalam

Pwo?

pre-workout, some of the old ones (craze, jack3d etc) had some amphetamine derivatives in

>ywn be mang

iwf.net/2016/06/15/public-disclosures/

Oh fuck

Thanks you stupid fuck, try not copying other links already posted in OWG you fucking MAN

hahahahahaha

Call me a loser

Fucking Christ. People made a mess of Norris, but that's nothing compared to this.

ever since i started sheiko my sessions take up 2 hours at least because of the double squat/dl sessions.

doesnt really matter tho right senpai

Trappy can you weigh in on this please?

If its hyperextending like the other user said, will I be able to go below parallel if I fix it? If not, will more knee travel help me squat deeper? Thanks bby

Does this mean Klokov has the gold now??

(or something)

Are you fucking retarded? or just mentally handicapped? or perhaps, have a learning disability that inhibits you of an actual though process

Cheating shits OUT

SBD knee sleeves just came in the mail today. I'm pumped to try them out tomorrow! I got larges and they are still tight, but pretty easy to get on. I'm glad I didn't go with the mediums.

Make them harder, don't go for long periods of time.

How much muscle and strength do you recon you have lost doing PSMF? I have thought of doing the same but am afraid of losing too much

Those are from 2012 only. They're still gonna publish the ones from 2008.

But 3 lifters from BLR caught in 2012. So things aren't looking that great for Aramnau.

Looks like ankle mobility limiting your depth.
Have you ever tried squatting in heels?
Do you have a video of you front squatting?

>FactStater doing nothing but asking questions

Kek

Cheers

A rhetorical question is a question that you ask without expecting an answer. The question might be one that does not have an answer. It might also be one that has an obvious answer but you have asked the question to make a point, to persuade or for literary effect

nah

damn Sean where did you learn that?

>all that or-something

wew, why do strength athletes take that shit anyway?

>bone structure

idk how tall you are but im 6'7 and i can squat with good depth

youtube.com/watch?v=YevYyI42F8w

sry about bad angle and light weight :(

The dudes a millionaire. He probably has one of those learning beds like in The Venture Bros.

6'7 is both the best and worst height
Really focus on packing on the muscle there, bud.

Similar proportions here. Just figured it out yesterday why I was having the exact issue. Break at the knees first then at the hips. Currently, you're breaking at the hips then the knees. Try
setting up as per normal then breaking at the knees; once you've dropped an inch or two (you should feel a comfortable position to initiate), break the hips back per normal squat.

i do what i can friend

Ill get video of front squats either tomorrow or Saturday, and some of me standing on plates to imitate heels.

Plus some ankle mobility stuff, I have been neglecting it :¥

Thanks trappy. Btw how did your date go? I missed the news

You're skin and bone lol

Its not because Im tall. I have deep hip sockets. Look up Celtic vs Dalmatian hip. I can actually feel my femur hit bone, it kinda sucks

someone in OWG actually claiming without steroids OWG wouldnt be a sport