Does depression effect gains...

Does depression effect gains? taking anti depressants has a lot of side effects like being a drowsy zombie most of the time and no energy for the gym. How do you guys deal with depression and lifting?

Other urls found in this thread:

bodyrecomposition.com/nutrition/carbohydrate-intake-and-depression-qa.html/
bodyrecomposition.com/nutrition/qa-nutrition/anxiety-low-carbohdyrates-whey-bcaa.html/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I take St. John's Wort at noon, usually with my mass gainer/protein/etc. shake and take 5-HTP right before going to sleep at ~11:30. Has have stabilized my mood pretty nicely and I get neato dreams. There have been a couple days where it was really bad and I pushed through at the gym, times where I wasn't able to, others I tried to and failed.

Force yourself to work out

I get drunk before going to the gym.

depression and anxiety are comorbid and anxiety kills gains

how to deal with it? find the cause and deal with it

Sometimes it does. But it's all about willpower bruv

Just remind yourself how good you're going to look and feel afterward. I take antipsychotics & I'm a fucking zombie some days. But I still push myself to go. Even if you just do cardio, it'll wake you up a bit. Make sure you're eating enough protein & drinking plenty of water throughout the day. It helps.

Good luck

i stopped taking mine because it made me lose my hunger which meant i was only eating like 300 calories a day

i basically put my body over my mind

Anxiety do kill gains , im still having anxiety issues, like having a short breath, heavy warm air comming in , no oxygen for the brains ect...
The thing i did to kill that peace of crap was to go running , one day i was having a crazy anxiety attack, but it went ok , nobody noticed it was at dawn.
The same day i went out , wore my shorts , running shoes and did 8 kilometers non stop with epic cinematic music in the back.

Such a good feel , now have been running for a month , having less mental anxious disorders and i think its healing..
So yea just find something or that shit will kill gains and eat you mentally.

Hope this helped bro. good luck

depression affects lifestyle, which in turn affects lifting

if you're really down in the dumps, you should seek medication and then work on lifestyle changes from there on

if you aren't totally fucked, look to proper diet and supplementation (unquiely tailored to you, and the stressors of your environment) first, and then try medication if it isn't working

usually you will need a combination of meds and good lifestyle

bodyrecomposition.com/nutrition/carbohydrate-intake-and-depression-qa.html/
bodyrecomposition.com/nutrition/qa-nutrition/anxiety-low-carbohdyrates-whey-bcaa.html/

Hey brosky, anxiety and depression will definitely kill your gains. If you have depression, like real depression not the "I felt bad last Tuesday so I self diagnosed myself with depression" tumblr bullshit.

Now first and foremost, perfect the trinity: sleep exercise and diet. If any one of those are off you and your body won't be functioning right and while fixing them may not cure depression, they will definitely help.

Now if you have done that but still have depression, don't let people tell you, "Bro just get over it" if you are eating perfect, exercising, and sleeping well, and still feel depressed with little to no cause, then something is medically wrong. This doesn't mean that its beyond your control though, various things can help, supplements, different schedule, other lifestyle changes.

Also medication. If something is medically wrong with you medication will help. Now there are a lot of different kinds of anti depressants and they all affect different people differently, so if you get one and it doesn't work, let your doctor know and get on a new one.

I was on Zoloft for awhile but it made me feel like a zombie, then I switched to nefazodone (I think) and for the two months I took it I was depressed nauseous and had a blistering headache every day (which is not common), eventually I switched to wellbutrin, which works really well for me, gives me energy and helps me feel normal. Now I'm not a fucking wellbutrin add, it may have worked for me but the point of this story is that different meds will affect you differently.

Interesting articles!

>Does depression effect gains?

Umm... no? Why on earth would depression lead to an increase in strength/muscle? If anything it might hinder it.

If depression hinders muscle gains, depression is affecting it...

I agree!

It's not what op asked though

Certain anti-depressants made me go from eat-anything skelington to no-testosterone lardwhale. I'm slowly losing my weight through obsessive calorie counting but it's rough.

It definitely does. I'm on ADD meds & I barely eat. It gives me energy but it also starves my body without me even realizing it which may be counterproductive? I'm always going up & down in weight though.

THANK YOU

lifting is my anti-depressant

i used to be pretty miserable but lifting, making music and writing all have helped me out a ton

no anti-depressants necessary, despite over a decade of shrinks trying to push them on me

"mental disorder" my ass, the brain is amazingly adaptive to one's own will of mind

Embrace the darkness in your heart

Only then, will your life finally start

You have to eat dude or else it'll just kill ur gains and you'llkkkllkk just tire yourself out

nigger do you have problems with reading comprehension, affect mean negative or positive

I like the way you think.