Snap City

Hey /fit just entered snap city after my last bout with deadlifts.

Doing this 3pl8 which ive done for reps before. Second rep came in and lower back popped a bit and sent a pain all the way down my left leg to my calf and heel. Did I fuck it up majorly or just taking a rest will make it go away?

Felt like a standard muscle pull pop I had on my scapula and I just laid off it for a week or two and was back at it.

Never had it go all the way down like that. Did I fuck myself up majorly?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/nagWPHlllOc
teepublic.com/tank/534396-snapcity
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Enjoy your hernia and life long sciatica.

Shut up

Time will tell. Give yourself at least week off of anything that causes strain on your back. That means no more squats, no more diddies until you feel fine again.

I had the same thing happen to me in a deadlift. Heard a pop and got instant pain around my tailbone. For a few days it hurt to get up from bed and sit down/stand up, but after a week without doing anything to make it worse I was back at 100%. It might help to foam roll the muscles surrounding the area that hurts.

Your injury might not be the same as mine, though. If the pain persists for more than a week, see a doctor.

Can't wait until deadlift meme finally dies.

RDL for reps anyone not hurt yet, I beg of you. 3x10

Or just do back extensions and or leg curls. There are are literally dozens of SUPERIOR exercises for the back traps and grip.

Rip op. Please quit dl. If you refuse to listen, at least rest lower body for 2 weeks. If nothing changes plz see doctor

ps if you're worried about your legs atrophying in that tiny timespan, feel free to use leg machines so long as they don't cause more pain

the pain going all the way down to your heel is a sign you should be cautious

Good thing is im going on a business trip for a little more than a week and my hotel's fitness center isnt the best thing ever. So I will be able lay off the compounds out of lack of equipment anyways.

But I was thinking the same thing and just lay it off for a bit and see what happens. It's been a day only but the pain isn't as bad as it was when it happened

I'm foam rolling and i used icy hot last night and it felt better.

Im a manlet so my legs are the least of my worries.

Natties can lose 5% muscle mass in 14 bedridden days

try some rotational deadlifts OP they are easier on your lower back
youtu.be/nagWPHlllOc

Not gonna lie

That looks scary as fuck

That shit is for life man. Had same experience 3 years ago. Every couple of months the pain goes away just to come back when you bend donw to tie a shoe or something. Sorry you got meemed.

dude what the fuck

5 years ago, I got 2 herniated discs in the lower back from heavy deadlifting, which resulted to painful sciatica.

But tbqh, thats not a really big deal because soon or later most people will have back problems. The problem is you have to know how to deal with the issue.

Obviously, it was painful as fuck at first and I was really scared. But once you know how to deal with it, everything will be alright.

My advice is to avoid all exercises that put pressure to your spine. You will have to train smarter with a fucked up spine.

- For lower body: Stop doing back squat and conventional deadlifts. You better choices are dumbbell deadlift, one leg deadlift, front squat, goblet squat, pistol, one leg bulgarian squat.

- Stop doing bent over row. Start doing chest supported rows. From my experience, chest supported row is the best exercise ever. Dont do lat pull down and seated cable row. Cleans can also be dangerous.
- For shoulders, stop doing heavy overhead presses, especially the seated variations. If you want to train heavy, your best exercise is the one arm shoulder push press. Generally, all one arm ( and one leg as well) exercises put less stress to your spine.

- I myself dont bench press anymore ( both barbell and dumbbell). My favorite exercises for chest now are weighted dip and push ups. In short, avoid the exercises that require you to sit down.

- Avoid jumping from a high place.

- And lastly, every morning and before you go to bed, do bridges and bird-dogs. These two exercises will be very helpful for your lower back and spine.

>i want scoliosis

in a nutshell

Monitor yourself. I've recovered from a back fracture due to DL (don't lift when you're sick...). It's possible you have a minor injury, but do your best not to "test" yourself until you are SURE that all the pain has subsided. I would stay away from DL/squats for now. Be thankful that your whole leg isn't numb.

If the pain gets worse or lasts for more than a week, see a doctor. Seriously. Putting these things off is easy to do, but if you get treatment sooner rather than later, it will be better for you.

Good luck.

you may have fucked up a disc thats now putting pressure on the sciatic nerve. Get that shit checked out by by a chiropractor or physical therapist if you dont want to run the likely risk of dealing with a greater deal of pain long term if the problem isnt properly corrected

Yeah good idea i pulled a mid-back muscle one time while reracking a weight while doing a squat (i know go figure) pain feels similar and i laid off it, did foam rolling, took ibuprofen when it flared up and ate more than my tdee. Not sure if the last part help but it was a comfort for me I guess.

In about two weeks i felt better and was able to hit a pr a little bit after the fact. Ive been pushing myself again this time so i know my body needs to rest so i guess this is a way to do it.

Tbqh, most doctors would just tell you to get a surgery and stop lifting heavy.

Ill do that when i get back from my trip if i dont experience any progress.

but could these FIX my scoliosis?

no thanks

One good thing to do is work your core.

Says doing bridges. Maybe even something a little less stressful, like medicine ball bridges and press ups (like a push up but only your chest). Core strength is a big help when getting back your strength after a low back injury. You want to do things that will allow the disc to get into its' regular position, so do what feels right. Usually it will be either press ups OR bending forward (NOT BOTH-these are opposing movements!).

You know when you are pushing. DON'T DO IT. People in the gym aren't fucking looking at you. Nobody cares what routine you're doing. Don't hurt yourself. You're gonna make it bro.

they will tell you that if its some irreparable damage that will come back twice as hard the longer you wait. I doubt itll be anything like that since he hasnt been in agonizing pain. Either way id still want to hear from a professional if its involving the back and the largest nerve in the body if i were him

I took a trip to snap city last Friday, and I'm still not sure what my issue is. The day after overhead pressing I woke up with a burning, stiff left trap that hasn't gotten better or worse since the pain began 5 days ago. The pain is mild, but the muscle is noticeable firm and somewhat stiff. My neck has a full range of motion, but when I raise my arms up like I'm pressing, I feel as if someone is triggering a pressure point in my trap. It also feels like something is poking me directly next to my spine beside my trap.

Does this sound muscular or am I fucked up?

how much weight?

My right wrist has been hurting a lot due to exercise and work, i've taken some days and even a week off gym to heal, but i keep getting this sharp pain, it's been a while, what do?

105lb

Work on your form shitstain, thinking you got 315 but not having the actual strength will lead to grinding reps, so lower the fucking weight

I ment 405

Fuck no I didn't, I ment 315... excuse me brehs it's early in the morning here

Have the same thing on my trap. Its muscular for me i just have to lay off of it. It'll get better. Icyhot and massaging it helps. Take ibuprofen if it flares up. Make sure you rest. If it persists visit the vet you fucking beast.

Thanks brah. I'll rest up

I think I've trapped my ulnar nerve in my left arm. Shooting pains through my elbow when benching yesterday which have persisted until today. Seeing the doc on Tuesday and will ask for a physio referal.

fag

Get a tennis ball. Put it up on a wall, lean into the wall and get the tennis ball to hit the area where it hurts. Massage it there for a couple minutes.

Do back extensions too.
I took a trip to snap city, did back extensions, pain was gone the next day.

Pussy

Go to a doctor and ask for an xray at least. Maybe a resonance. if the pain is servere you can maybe pop by the ER and get it today. It's fucking impossible to tell anything else otherwise.
Deadlifts are called dead for a reason. It bothers me that so many people fall for the dl meme instead of the "lift with your legs" meme.

Yeah that's a herniated disc, and possible sciatica. It doesn't mean it's over, just don't deadlift or squat for a while and see your doctor. Please, you can help yourself so you don't end up never lifting instead of a short break from lifting.

>reddit

Do you see the white lines on my face? This happens after every work out. Does anyone know what this is? I've googled it but found nothing.

Is my face going to fall off? Or is there no blood going there like wtf is going on

>snapped my back
>haven't been able to squat or deadlift properly for 3 months
Make sure it's healed before you do anything otherwise you'll end up like me. Everything felt fine, tried to do some deadlifts and snapped it back up again. It's been a month since I stopped doing any lower body work all together and the pain has somewhat subsided.

how can that guy even pick up 405

Idk I picked your mom up easily and she weighed more than 405.

Hmm, the Fierce 5 beginner routine doesn't have deadlifts, instead swapping with Front Squats + RDL

This injury meme with deadlifts sure does scare me, I don't want to fuck up my back.

Don worry brah, I'm on my way
teepublic.com/tank/534396-snapcity