Skipping the sixth night of lifting in a row

>skipping the sixth night of lifting in a row
>ate an entire cheesecake over the past week
>huge bag of doritos too
>been lifting inconsistently for the past month or so
I'm falling off the wagon guys. I don't know what the fuck happened, I was literally autistic about every little fucking thing I put into my body for 1 and a half years, I would lift 6 nights a week religiously and keep all my macros in check in get at most 30 grams of sugar in a day. Something finally snapped in me, every time I think about lifting lately I die a little inside. I think it's finally over for me. It's been quite a ride gentlemen, but I want off.

sucks

> for 1 and a half years, I would lift 6 nights a week religiously

burnout

are you even having any progress?

Take up powerlifting or olympic-style weightlifting. They're both extremely fun

Take a break.

Recently I've started stalling which has been very discouraging. Of course it's not the same routine every day, it's like A B C A B C rest

Take up a sport and train for it

I'm not really into sports. Which ones would you recommend?

you need a break m9. don't get down on yourself, think about what you've done for 1 and a half years. slowly bring it back into line, and if you lose concentration don't berate yourself -- maybe you're like me and you know you don't wanna be that overweight fat guy at 60.

enjoy the food for now, and I mean really appreciate it. lean into eating a cheesecake. enjoy each bite. it's terrible to fall off and beat yourself up, since then you're messing up and not even appreciating it. just don't worry about it.

think about how many months you've been keeping at it. your body is trained, it will miss lifting soon. take a vacation, so you've gained 5 pounds? 10? attack it with renewed vigor

It sounds like you're at the edge of over-training.

Some suggestions:
>Take a solid week off to prepare yourself for a new program. Like suggested, give yourself a break, a chance to enjoy yourself. Don't worry about macros and micros, don't fret over calories. At the same time, don't go crazy. Eat for satiety and satisfaction
>Start a 4 day a week intermediate program - I'd recommend Candito Linear Program as it has a lot of potential for customization
>If you're really burnt out, run an upper day and a lower day just once a week to keep your gains up
>Start exploring some Veeky Forums hobbies - rock climbing/cycling/surfing/yoga/tennis/kendo/boxing. Just have fun with it, put your body to the test to see just how far you've come

We've all got our highs and lows, mang. Just chill and take it as it comes - there's nothing wrong with camping out on the mountain here and there. You don't have to hit the summit to 'make it'.

Thanks m8, that makes me feel better. I'll try taking another few days off and I'll consider a new routine. I've been thinking about taking up rock climbing but I don't even know where to start. Guess I'll start reading up on it.

>lifting 6 days a week

idiot

>limiting sugar intake to 30 grams a day

idiot

singles and you'll never make it

Depends on what you like! A sport like football or rugby will get you strong, as well as some cardio mixed in as well

I fell off for an entire year bro
>gained 80 pounds
Get back in it's only been a week

Is a 30g sugar intake bad?

t. ss+gomad

Think about your mistakes, are they catastrophic or just minor setbacks? These seem like minor(even the cake) You need to adjust by attacking the problem in different ways, change up the routine if you havn't already, implement more dropsets or even a jam sesh here n there

>hurr anyone who doesn't follow mom-science no sugar diets and lifts 6 days a week on a body-part split routine is a fat ass who only does squats

Shit happens bro, dont sweat it. Just get back on the wagon but maybe not so intense this time. Try to consolidate lifting to 3 nights a week and be more flexible with your diet. Maybe revise your overall goal so there isnt so much pressure.

As for fun sports, tennis is pretty awesome.

>tfw I started enjoying lifting

I can easily go 2 days without but I just need to lift after that

Well, at least you have the opportunity to get back in the gym.

My right shoulder and knee is fucked up because of non-lifting related injury and i couldnt go to the gym for a month now. I cant lift up my arm above 60 degrees

I can feel my laziness and depression getting stronger with every gramm of muscle I lose.

Main thing is, just take a week off then get back to it.

really you should only have enough sugar that you need. if you're getting dizzy during the day you're doing it wrong.