You win, Veeky Forums

Fuck it. I've been creeping on fit for months now, laughing at all the fat hate threads and the bloated hamplanets that end up posted there. I've never been fit, but at least I could say I wasn't these specimens. Well, what started as giggles has evolved into a desire to be fit.

I've read the sticky and started counting calories, but now I'm considering gyms I can join. In my area, the only real options are Vasa or Planet Fitness. I've seen what people say about PF, but what do you think of Vasa?

Also, any tips for a new gym-goer?

OP, just dumping some PF pics I have.

OP again

Planet Fitness isn't terrible. The only downside of it is that they don't have any decent bench / squat areas and they don't let you do a lot. The one near my town the free weights go to up to 100 and it's 24 hours so I Can get a work out in before I go to work.

10 dollars and I can hit the bench in my basement before working out the rest there isn't terrible. But it's usually a lot of fat chicks walking on tredmills

And again

No Vasa near me so I have to go off what I'm seeing online. They appear to have proper squat tracks and whatnot which is a pretty distinct advantage over PF. I would assume they don't have a link alarm either, which is another point in their favor.

Wipe everything down and rerack your weights when your done. Don't hesitate to ask the staff questions if you're unsure of something. Don't stare at people. Beyond that I think you're set, user. Congrats on moving forward and best of luck making those gains.

Never heard of vasa.

I wouldnt go pf though.

Jump into the big boy gyms and learn on the go.

Pf will only stifle your progress

Not clear on your status in life but:
Start with Calisthenics at home.
Clear a space at home for gym equipment.
Save up some money.
Buy equipment. Power rack, plates, barbell, etc.
Train at home.

what the actual fuck are in those plastic tubs JFC

My guess would be (from left to right) cream cheese, butter, and jam/jelly

I considering paying the $10 a month in order to bulk on pizza but apparently they limit you to only a slice or two.

OP again. While it might be cheaper in the long run to do a home gym, I'm sadly not in a position where I can claim space for such. Fucking roommates.

Thanks for the tip though.

Are you telling me there's gyms like this?
I usually just go to the goodlife or this independent noname recreation Centre by where I live.

Planet fitness, despite how much Veeky Forums hates it is a pretty good deal for 10/mo. Obviously, it is not a life time gym unless you are a cardio bunny. I was a member for a while before I decided to move to a new gym when i wanted to start expanding my workout routine.

Planet fitness is basically Walmart

Wearing socks and slippers to the gym is actually a pretty good idea. Might steal that one.

are gyms like these serious whats their excuse or are they trying to say that its healthy to eat that shit as long as you walk in their shitty gym.

Keep them fat they keep coming back. Feed their addiction at he very place they go to negate its side effects and you have a limitless cash flow.
Capitalism in action, pretty disgusting.

Are there any hotties at PF?

>no OHP
What is the reasoning behind this?
I understand clean and jerks and deads but OHP?

I dunno man.. but if I was skelly.. Id hit it up for them free calories.

Not bad for starter gym because of that.
Depending on how severely smelly you can make gains for a few months doing dumbbell variants of the big 4.
Might wanna wait for being ready for a real gym before deadlifts though, hyper extensions are what I started with.

I dont know but I'm legitimately triggered just reading that

Fucking why? Is it just because some guys bang the weights around?

Found a gif for this

Expect to be this, OP. No way around it but through experience.

Just don't be this. There's a difference between being new and being dumb.