Weight Loss

Alright, my dudes. This is general help for my weight loss. Yes I have read the sticky, which is why I'm making this topic.

I'm 19, 5'11, and weigh 320 lbs. I have been considering starting a Ketogenic diet to burn fat because with previous experience that appears to be the only diet to provide extraordinary results. My question is which types of weight lifting exercise should I do to burn the most amount of fat? Also, is there any diet better than a Ketogenic one I haven't heard of? So far, a Keto diet allowed me to lose 60 lbs over half a year without exercise (I used to be 280 lbs, dropped down to 220 lbs, then climbed back up and up...). Have any of you done a great diet plan which has shown greater results?

Other urls found in this thread:

techtimes.com/articles/155509/20160503/biggest-loser-study-reveals-why-it-is-difficult-to-keep-weight-off.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=cHFVe-rf3LI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Type of diet doesn't much matter. Eat at a calorie defecit and lose weight. If you're happy with keto, stick with it.

Lift weights to build muscle. And to avoid losing it with your fat. You don't need a special routine. Muscle repair and growth will also use calories, and therefore fat.

Don't worry about doing it fast, do it in a way that you can stick with Otherwise you'll be back in the same place next year.

Read the sticky again ffs

Cannot emphasize how important it is do it in a way you can stick out. It's a marathon, not a race. Dont go all out and burn yourself out and end up where you started with only the bitter taste of failure to show for it. Slow and steady.

Don't diet, if you diet you will fail. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, maybe not for years, but one day you will fail and immediately gain all your fat right back.

Make simple changes slowly that you can keep up with; replace soda with sparkling water for two weeks. Then sub out brown rice instead of white for two weeks. Then eat a giant salad with veggies and no dressing for two weeks. Etc. Keep that up until you are eating clean.

Count your calories. Everything you stick into your fat Fuck mouth has calories. Download my fitness pal and track them.

Start doing a 30 minute walk 3 times a week.

Do that for a while and mire results. Come back then for updated advice

>switching from white to brown rice

literally inconsequential

Not for overall health

I'll give you an invaluable tip. Keep it simple + easy for as long as you can, then start worrying about cardio/IF/keto/etc.

You want to be doing as least work as possible to shed the weight so whenever you reach a plateau you can add a trick to jog the weight loss again.

So right now just eat at a good deficit, and lift + walk (don't strain the joints at your weight).

I'm not OP but in a similar situation

I don't want to start a thread so I'll hop on this one with my question

Today I'm at 295 (started 350+) and I started counting my calories, MFP says I'm consuming 1300-1500 calories a day, is that too little ? I'm receiving varying information as to what amount I should be consuming.

I go to the gym 3x a week (15-20m cardio, lifting weights) and do a 8-10km walk with a 30lbs backpack every now and then (often on my non-gym days)

I've been losing 0.5-1.5lbs a day, but during my rest days (the weekend) I will often gain 1lbs per day. I haven't had a cheat day since I started, drink only water but my sleep has been lacking, I'm interviewing for a new job and I'm trying to score a lifting girl (stress level pretty high)

Am I in too big a deficit? or are the sporadic weight gains due to stress / fatigue

188 cm, just started working out one month ago, was 100kg when I started and I am 94 now.
I am worried about going slow as fuck, I am not sure if I am counting the calories properly...sort of wish there was some free app or something to count the macros easily.

This is general question about how much progress should I expect in one month because I am afraid I am going slow.
My arms and general shape of the frame grew a tiny bit and I dropped a lot of fat, my gut is still hanging but when I am empty on stomach it looks okay now, nothing hanging over or anything like that. Am I fucking up?
At what point should I clearly see/feel that I am actually making progress, and I obviously don't mean instantly exiting DYEL mode but still...

Also I feel really low on energy recently, not sure if I am not eating enough carbs, I guess the fact that I sleep only 6 hours fucks me up even more.
And final question, is Ham good? I have access to a lot of free ham and it would really cut down the costs if I could use it more often.
I mean it contains saturated fat but it's really high on protein...right?

If you promise yourself that you know that this is not just a short term thing, but a lifestyle you will adapt, you will succeed as long as you choose to do the right thing and learn on the way. I started at 106kg in feb and now I am currently 90kg with 3 days a week at the gym and calorie/macro counting. Start out easy and don't go full hard (1500 calorie/day) as it's important to properly adapt. Start out with your eating/drinking, cut out sugars and very fatty foods etc.
Don't stress about trying to lose it as fast as you can, and if you even stall, try to change up what you're doing don't like yourself think you're fucking up when all you need is a change which will be inevitable at certain points.
> I am not sure if I am counting the calories properly...sort of wish there was some free app or something to count the macros easily.
Download on your phone myfitnesspal. Type up what you're eating or use the barcode scanner in the app (useful when at the shops and want to get easy to read nutrition info)

Bruh, my weight will fluctuates 5 to ten pounds. Hell, i lose 2lbs between weighing myself in the morning and the night.

Sodium intake, water intake, sleep, and tons of other factors will make you have weight fluctuations. Don't stress about it.

You can tell if your at too large of a deficit if you don't have enough energy to get through your activities and it sounds like you are still very active.

Keep at it bruh, you are gonna make it you magnificent bastard.

Bruh, my fitness pal. But you probably aren't counting right cause no one does at first. Bust out a scale and measuring cups and remember. You're gonna make it you magnificent bastard

>appears to be the only diet to provide extraordinary results.
Don't go on a diet, change your diet. Also any diet/food intake at a calorie deficit will provide weight loss.

>My question is which types of weight lifting exercise should I do to burn the most amount of fat?
Diet will produce far more weight loss for much less effort and make things much easier.
That said, any good starter routine wont hurt. Focus on good compound movements- Bench Press, Rows, Deadlifts, Squats, OHP, etc to build strength, muscle, endurance and lean mass
>Also, is there any diet better than a Ketogenic one I haven't heard of?
No diet is better than any other, and keto is pretty shit for anyone concerned with eating enough vegetables to stay healthy. Focus on eating more veg and less saturated fat and most other problems take care of themselves as a consequence

T-Thanks Veeky Forums, I love you and would totally suck your dicks (nohomo).

>Replacing glucose with fibre is inconsequential
>Any dietary change is inconsequential over time

Kill yourself

>(I used to be 280 lbs, dropped down to 220 lbs, then climbed back up and up...)

That's your problem right there. Extreme diets very seldom lead to lasting results, because you slip into old habits as soon as the diet ends. You'd be much better off incorporating regular cardio into your routine and cutting at a modest deficit, 500 kcal. At your current weight, it should melt off.

OP don't listen to these hooligans yelling out "just eat less" or "eat under your TDEE" blah blah blah.

None of that shit works. What you need to do is target problem areas with various exercises.

For example: crunches will target your stomach fat, while squats will target leg fat. If you feel a burn in that area, that's the fat burning off slowly. Continue eating what you were eating before and make sure to get enough exercise to burn all that fat off. Good luck, I'm rooting for you!

Like the other guy said, too many things affect short term weight to worry about this.

Focus on weight loss over a longer period of time (2 weeks-1 month) to get accurate figures. Marathon, not sprint.

You're probably the same fuckboi in the FPH threads bitching about hamplanets and then giving fucking useless information. You are literally Hitler

>healthy weight loss is 1-2 lbs per week
>dropping 1.5 lbs a day

Yeah, your deficit is too high. Didn't you read about what happened to all those Biggest Loser people? Permanently fucked up their TDEE from cutting too quickly. Now they're basically permafat.

techtimes.com/articles/155509/20160503/biggest-loser-study-reveals-why-it-is-difficult-to-keep-weight-off.htm

I've done keto and from my experience it's a great tool to lose fat, but the people saying you will fail eventually are correct. I lost a shit ton of weight, but once I reached my goal weight I went off keto and gained all my weight back. From one user to another please do yourself a favor and educate yourself about proper nutrition and exercise (See sticky), it really is great advice. Persistence is key in the beginning, but before you know it it's apart of your lifestyle. Good luck user.

DEVILISH

OP you are a fat sack of shit and you have a history of rebounding into a fatter sack of shit. You will be fat forever and die at 40 a bald loser virgin UNLESS you do the following:

1. Eat clean and at a giant deficit, nigger. Nothing but vegetables and lean meat. If you eat any shit with carbs (bread, rice, etc) you will become so fat you will generate a gravitational field so powerful the moon will collide with the planet and kill everyone (like in Majora's Mask).
2. CARDIO. Your body currently thinks you are a small planet made of ham. It's time to remind it you are an actual human being, not a disgusting worthless fat sack of shit unfit to drink sewer water. You must do INTENSE cardio EVERY DAY, 3x a day (at least 1 hour each time as hard as you can).
3. CALORIE DEFICIT. At this point the amount of blubber you have built up has reached a critical mass and is undergoing cold fusion to make you ever fatter. You must eat at AT LEAST negative 500 calories a day. From your cardio you will burn about 2k calories so you can eat 1.5k. After about 3 months of this your body will stop undergoing nuclear fusion and you can eat a little bit more.

Good luck OP, if you don't follow this advice you will be pic related.

How's your first week of vacation going?

this user is right about keto.
eat at a deficit.

You don't need any drastic diet plan to lose weight at 5'11" 320 lbs, let alone at 19 when your metabolism is in full gear. You could probably eat 3000 kcal a day and still lose weight.

My advice is to cut out all the shit in your diet (that includes soda, fast food, sweets, alcohol if you drink it frequently) and count your calories. Something reasonable like 2250kcal/day will still yield pretty fast results because you're so overweight. Keto is fine if it's the only way you'll stick to your diet, but it's an unhealthy diet in the mid to long term and at 320 lbs you should frankly be worried about your health.

As for exercise, my recommendation is just to find something you enjoy so you stick with. Brosplit, Starting Strength, SL, cardio, calisthenics, whatever. Any of those will have a positive impact on your calories expenditure, it's just important to remain consistent.

30 years, 1.88 m, I was at 130 kg around march this year. Before June, just eating reasonably and doing some cardio I lost 25 kg. Now, I keep doing cardio, I started using myfitnesspal and doing some lifting. I think I'm losing weight much more slowly (100 kg currently), but I look better and I'm getting some gains.

I have to overcome my shame and post some pictures, I could use some tips. Too bad I didn't take a picture of myself at my fattest, but I had no idea this was going to work so well

keto is meme

>Too bad I didn't take a picture of myself at my fattest, but I had no idea this was going to work so well
I am aware of this sentiment

Despite what they say, the whole point of ANY diet (ketogenic or otherwise) is to manage your cravings so that you're not tempted to cheat. I've done it both ways and they both work. If you eat more calories than you burn, you will gain weight. If you eat fewer calories than you burn, you will lose weight. It literally CAN'T work any other way or the human body would be incapable of functioning.

The whole point of the ketogenic diet is going into ketosis. Managing cravings is just a byproduct.

Two questions I have:

1- Anything I can do to get rid of the manboobs faster?

2- I have really fat ass and thighs. I know what you're gonna say: squats, but I find hard and even dangerous to do it with a barbell when you're alone and don't have a cage. Any other thing I can do? How about squats without any weight, but faster?

Do front squats

That's what they SAY, but again I've done it both ways and they both work equally well in terms of fat loss.

Of the two, though, regular calorie counting was more work. More math, and more cravings to deal with. What keto actually does is manage your cravings - I could just eat without counting calories, get full, and I would still be at a calorie deficit and not be hungry.

keto is meme

All the videos I find starts with the guy holding the bar already. I want to know how to lift it from the floor and drop it on the right position safely, becuase I'm afraid I can't handle that weight at that position

squat rack

Goblet squat is also an option

Yeah diet plan called counting calories.

Down 20 pounds, and up to 5 pull ups. I'm feeling pretty good now, brehs.

I want to piggyback of OPs thread.

Ive gained a good amount of muscle over 2-3 years by mostly lifting and eating everything in sight. Lo and behold the imminent time came for a cut and I find myself 8 months since Ive stopped bulking with a smaller frame and a fucking tire around my midwaist. Most fat seemed to have been lost but right around my midsection there is a solid tire. It just starts from the 12th rib and circles around the waist.

I feel I need to retrace my steps and realize what I've done wrong. Have I starved too much and lost too much too fast? Will going back to maintenance calorie - 200 suffice to loose the ungodly love handles?

>Yes i've read the sticky
>Act like he hasn't at all
Are you a moron ?

I lost more than 25 and I can't still do a single one...

Hey guys I did smith machine lunges for the first time yesterday and my ass is killing me
Throwing in glute bridges next legs day. Is it stupid to have a whole day devoted to butt? Usually I do something like upper and then lower but I don't have time to hit all the glute exercises on lower day

desu, this is my second time being fat.

The first time I couldn't do a single pull up either.

when I realized I was getting fat again, I could barely do 1.

Learn how to clean, it's what I do since I don't have a rack.

>how to clean
wut?

A clean room breeds discipline. Discipline in turn leads to more pullups. duh

It's a movement that consists entirely of getting the barbell from the floor into the starting position for the front squat, conveniently enough.
Kek

>losing weight
>stall for a week and a half
>take a huge shit
>next weigh-in dropped 4 pounds

i'm making it user

Yeah, but the weight I can lift like that is minimum.

And that's another thing, I have literally no intuition about how much weight I should put. Right now I'm doing press with 22kg, I started with 13 and everytime I put more weight I can with it. Maybe I'm supposed to start with something like 50kg and I'm wasting time?

Also, 32 for deadlift, 12 for biceps curl and 14 kg for french press, those are the ones I remember. Been lifting for like a month, how's that?

You lift as much as you can lift for 5 reps while keeping good form

You clearly have no muscle at all, hence your shitty weights. As a rule of thumb, most people can OHP 1/4th their weight, bench half their bodyweight, squat 3/4th their weight and deadlift their weight.

Sup man, fellow fat ass here, started at 323 on march 9th and i'm currently sitting at 275lbs

You find something you can do and STICK to it, for me intermittent fasting was the key to weight loss. I eat 1200 cals a day 80% protein 20%fats and no carbs. and i fast for 22 hours.

It's easy for me, it may not be easy for you, the key is to find something you're "good" at.

I've hired multiple dietitians over my lifetime and the most i've lost with one of their diets was 22lbs and i gained it all back within a month

If you're interested in trying out my shit to see if it works for you, google up psmf, it's a good read

Some days I drop 1.5, some days I gain 1.5
2 weeks ago I was 2lbs heavier, but at some point I was also 4lbs lighter than today.

I understand what happened with the people on TBL, their diet change would obviously never stick with them past the show. I'm not fighting the diet change like they would on the show, I LOVE eating vegetables, I love drinking water, I'm not a fan of spending money on liquid candy, I know the error of my ways. imo their issue is intrinsic / extrinsic motivation. They were motivated by the money, by the "fame" of the show and by the results they might get. I'm motivated by the desire to better myself, for me. Sure I would love to feel more attractive to women, but that's not what's motivating me. I have goals I want to reach that are not related to social success and I think that's very important to stay on the right path.

thanks for the input tho famalam

Bruh, do you think eating a lot of ham is going to be healthy? Common sense bruh, how do you get free ham though. I want free ham

Well, I clearly have a long way to go...

What do you think about eating fruit between meals?

>1- Anything I can do to get rid of the manboobs faster?
Bench press.

Just made this shit for yall,
youtube.com/watch?v=cHFVe-rf3LI

> don't diet
> count your calories

What?

Well, as a recovering fatty I can say this will only give your mantitties a better look, but they won't go away until you burn the fat

I recommend running outdoors.

Run straight away with no way back but running. So when you puss out you have no choice but to run back. Worked for me. When your body that isnt used to working out hits that wall itll fuck with you and you shouldn't underestimate how much it can effect your decisions. Remove the ability to cut out of your workouts.

A diet is a lifestyle change that will eventually fail.

Counting calories is a habit that you can do forever that gives you a physical number.

where are you from?

Splitting hairs. I would consider counting calories and changing eating habits to be "diet"

Eat less fat ass

Quebec, Canada

holy fuck me too

ayeee

>I have been considering starting a Ketogenic diet to burn fat
What the fuck user. Fuck diets. The only thing you should care about is consuming less than you lose. Calories are what matter.

Stop fooling yourself. Eating a shitton of "healthy food" will make you as fat as anything else.

IT DOES NOT MATTER what diet you are on. Just count calories.