Basic Training

Hey Veeky Forums,
I'm going to join the military in 1 year and I need a basic workout that I can do at home with my equipment or bodyweight (barbell, dumbells, ez curl bar). I want a mix between functional strength and aesthetics. Is training one year going to do anything?

Yes.

Dont make any gains because you're gonna lose them anyway

bump

just do calisthenics and running, likesaid, you'll lose it all anyways, no sleep, food, all to see if you can handle stress, so RIP gains

Are you joining the german military? Because i did that, and i did basic training. If you're not severly under/overweight you shouldn't give a fuck. You will lose all gains anyway due to excessive cardio/marching etc.
Sometimes it's just lol do pushups. I still have a muscle imbalance from all the pushups.
You'd be better of doing some cardio, especially if you're starting in summer.

This
I was in the bundeswehr too
When i joined i was a 60kg twink boy with no muscels at all and still managed to do everything alright

I'm joining British army as we speak, and my training regime is one that was written up by a guy who's done both the commando course and P company (the two hardest selection courses outside of SF)

It's basically a lot of powerlifting and running, so do all your big compound movements like bench, squats, deadlifts etc etc and then twice a week do running, one day of internal sprinting (really helps get your overall running speed up) and distance running (3 to 5 miles).

I also do a weighted March once a week, a 25kg rucksack over 6 miles in under 2 hours, make sure you wear boots and heavy clothing, I wear an assault vest under my hooded jumper to make it as realistic as possible, I also do the whole six miles on beach, the shingle really adds another dimension to it.

If you have any questions OP feel free to ask.

Running and push-ups will give you the basic fitness level you need. Anything you add to that is a plus. But don't go for muscle mass, because as others have said, maintaining it will be hard/impossible when in training.

Also like already mentioned, practice walking with a heavy bag/equipment. For example, wake up 6am, breakfast, walk till 12am and have lunch. 55min walking, 5min break. Remember to drink tons (~0.5L per hour is a good figure to aim for). Also preferrably walk in forests/rougher terrain, it will strengthen your ankles. Weak ankles break easily when under heavy load and in uneven terrain.

this gives me hope because I am a 60kg twink boy as well

well I have a job right now so that isn't really an option

Just aim for dat dem dere stamina/willpower gains, it's what matters most. Seriously. We did 40kg rucksack marches in full combat gear + squad heavy weapons (MG and AT launcher) for distances between 6km (fast-travel/half-jog) and 25km (midnight treks back to barracks from operations).

The stamina gives you the strength to march the first ten to 20, but after 80km of continuous trekking, your willpower is what keeps driving you on. Had a couple occasions when I felt I couldn't keep on going, but then you look around and see your men, all in it with you, and you know if you give up, you're letting them all down. Boom, the feet keep putting themselves one after the other.

Train both mind and body. Not kidding, this isn't some motivational zen monk fitness bullshit. You literally need to train mind and body to excel in the military.

Weekends?
Also forgot to mention, you should do the marching thing maybe once or twice in a month, and have running as the main exercise.

good advice, how would I go about training willpower tho? just walk a lot?

Speaking as someone who just got out of the military yesterday.

DON'T FUCKING DO IT!!!

But if you do remember this: The only way to get better at "x" is by doing more "x".

So start pushing.

country?

I was thinking of enlisting with the USMC. Can anyone here that's done it give me some advise?

US

And the Army

Do whatever takes you to your limit. HIIT and interval sprints and shit seem to work well enough. Any kind of extremely exhausting activity that, repeated long enough, absolutely rek you.

Pushups, situps, burpees and shit, in sets of 20 within 40 second intervals, WILL DESTROY YOU.

Bodyweight shit and lots of running

Look up tactical barbell 1 and 2

Are u fucking stupid.
Look for the requirements and meet them.

I'm going to the USAF for TAC-P and unless your going SpecOps and not disabled you'll pass a test without training.

Wow.

Well it looks like you've got the "hey were special operations too guys" attitude that all you super special TACP dandelions have.

Missing a few inches downstairs?
Didn't get enough attention from your parents as a kid?

Quit being a dick and go home kid, we all know you're just gonna drop out during Basic.

hey !

look at me guys ! i know so much about the military even though i'm not in it xDDDDD