Fight Club

How do you feel about this movie?

The fighting was just a metaphor r...right?

edgy

OP clearly hasn't seen the movie bc he doesn't know the first rule of Fight Club

ultimate male power fantasy

Why comply with rules if Tyler taught us to break them?

The psychological themes were pretty cool, and presented well.

Good commentary on men and masculinity in the modern first world, probably more applicable bow than when it came out even.
It was the first thing that made me wonder about my role as a man in the world, glad I've seen it when I did, in fact I wish I did earlier.

I still re read or re watch it every now and then, especially when I'm in a run.

lol

That was actually a good point in the movie

pretentious way to say

Shut up faggot

Fuck you sandperson

It's a great movie but any adult who thinks Tyler's ideals are valid is an edgelord manchild who hasn't achieved anything of value with their life.

This too. Tyler is the villain because of his immature reaction to the world.

YOU BROKE THE RULES

shitty cliche american ending. nevertheless a very manly movie, I liked the message. 7/10

Means a lot to me. When I was 18-21, I lived pretty damn similarly to the lifestyle presented in that movie. It captures a lot of it. The world was also a lot different back in '07-'10, and I think the themes of the late 90's were more applicable to it. We were watching the death of the old epoch, now we're in something new.

Confusing when I downloaded it and seen it in middle school. Then a few years later I liked all the talks they had, how expectations of society is for you to feel happy buying things you don't really need. Fighting was a way to let go of attachment and enjoy being hurt and chaotic for a while.

Source:
My balls are big.

lovin' these blog post guys, keep it up

The second one is wayyyyy better. Whoever thinks this is cool and edgy has no idea what theyre talking about.

Cool for 14 year olds

Doesn't hold up at all

Reading the book right now.

brad pitt is jacked as fuck in it. thats all i remember

flagged

Lol, yeah if he posted on here with that bod people would give him shit

hed squish you, you little faggot.

I saw the twist coming when he was burning his hand.

gay af desu, i laff at the machos who relate to it

laff????

It addressed a lot of issues in an interesting manner, but it didn't go the way I would have wanted it to go. It's about empowering the self in a world where everything is seemingly designed to numb you and keep you latent, complacent and sedentary. All is good, except that instead of preaching the message of the Ubermensch, of the will to power, of change coming from within, it's implied that the solution is to become part of a mindless mob of violent retards with no understanding of the world around them. Instead of the message being
>You are a shitbag but you can become a god through sheer effort and determination

It's more like

>You are a shitbag but so is everyone else, maybe if you form a mob you can rise half an inch above the other shitheads by giving up your free will and being destructive

Then again, it's written by a couple of actual communists, so what more could I expect.

Kek, rewatch it. He's DYEL as fuck.

say "laff" out loud. What does it sound like? Spoiler: it sounds like "laugh", which is what it represents

Let's break this thread down:

Facile analysis.

Less facile analysis.

These posts were made by either a woman or some kind of nu-male who thinks he'll get sympathy fucked by women if he acts like he cares about feminism.

In a lot of ways the story seems even more relevant today though, what with the anti-male meme running wild. That said, it's interesting that a hyper-masculine story like Fight Club was written by a gay man.

This post was made by either a woman or some kind of nu-male who thinks he'll get sympathy fucked by women if he acts like he cares about feminism. Just because the story is easily accessible as a violent film—and as a result people from many different demographics enjoy it—doesn't mean that it's made for teenagers, or that teenagers even understand the point of the story. My 24 year old girlfriend likes the film, but there's no way that she—a female ivy league graduate who grew up in the suburbs—could ever really identify with or understand the motivations of the people in the story.

This is probably the best post in the thread so far.

And to finish...

Yes. But interestingly that type of body is what most women like. I think he looked slightly better in Troy.

You missed the message senpai
The whole cult of Tyler thing was meant to represent the hypocrisy of Tyler not following his own message, and misleading his drones
There's a reason the narrator goes against it at the end

makes me angry and wanna peoples fight
but then i remember its not fun to hurt peoples and enjoy movie again

ITT: people not understanding the point of the movie was that masculinity and cultism are bad

Tyler was the antagonist

underrated post

That's wrong too bud

red pill: the movie
robots flock to it like flies
the are the all singing all dancing shit of the world

The author also came out as gay, after the release of this book.
Dont forget that

Was THAT the body of a real man? :^)

Finally an excuse to post this

Still shits all over your AVERAGE Veeky Forums physique

Great when I was 16
Edgy now I'm 31

G O L D E N
O
L
D
E
N

That's wierd you got more juvenile and insecure as you got older.

I liked it. I'm not an analytical guy, so any of the deeper themes probably went over my head.

GO TO /TV/ FOR THIS SHIT

ITT SUMMER FAGS