Poor people lifting

Post poverty-mode lifting apparatuses

I use this as a dumbbell, basically you get a reusable grocery bag ( or even a backpack if you can't afford groceries) an old laptop, n64, n64 games and a bottle of gin (even a bottle of water will work.) Put all the items in the bag and lift away.

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Exercise-Latex-Resistance-Bands-Pilates-Tube-Workout-Gym-Yoga-Fitness-Stretch-/221926015939?hash=item33abd243c3:g:nXoAAOSwAYtWMYF0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm going to pretend you're not trolling.

Well gee, OP, why don't you use a fucking boulder?

why try to get in shape when you're this fucking poor

shouldn't you be focusing on learning a skill to improve/get income

priorities nigro

Now for my favourite part. You can put an old skateboard through the handles in the bag. Then grab onto the ends of the skateboard - you've got a barbell baby.

this is a shitty troll thread

10/10 thread OP, I'm dying

Another nifty one I rigged together last weekend. Found a broken printer on the side of the road. You can loop a resistance band through it (even a rope would work, probably better than the band actually). Pull on it like one of those speed sleds. You could even load the printer with paper for added weight, unfortunately this printer has a small tray so the little bit of weight isn't worth the effort.

I would only use this on grass or carpet, I tried in a parking lot and it just scuffed the bottom of the printer.

I'm a student, I have to focus on knowledge gains before financial gains.

Forgot pic

Now the cool thing about the bag system is how modular it is right. Its scalable for your lifting needs. For example if I'm having a good day I might want some extra weight, slap Donkey Kong in that mother fucker and I'm good to go.

Sometimes I'll also put an old CD tray in the laptop to add a bit of weight there.

I realize not everyone is gonna have old technology and whatnot sitting around, but, almost everyone has a dresser right?

Here's an idea. Ever heard of a row machine? I have too. Loop a belt through the handle on your dresser. Grab on to each end if the belt and pull. When I'm actually exercising I swap out my shirts for random household objects for added weight. Just don't make it too heavy or you'll ruin your dresser possibly.

How about you loop the belt around your neck and hang yourself?

If you have any better ideas on how to get huge you could just contribute you know. No reason to make me do all the "heavy lifting" lol.

Also the belt isn't necessary, you could use a resistance band like I use for my printer-sled, I just don't like the flex the resistance band has.

$5
ebay.com/itm/Exercise-Latex-Resistance-Bands-Pilates-Tube-Workout-Gym-Yoga-Fitness-Stretch-/221926015939?hash=item33abd243c3:g:nXoAAOSwAYtWMYF0

>Slap Donkey Kong in that mother fucker and I'm good to go

Hey i might pick those up in a couple weeks when I get paid. Any idea what weight they're equivalent to?

The handles are a good idea, when I grip my resistance band for the printer-sled my fingers dig into my palms and it makes my hands numb after going for a while.

I admire OP's positive attitude towards broke lifting but jesus christ! this is too good to be true.

>Too good to be true
More like too bad tbqh, I seriously hate being poor but tuition costs and food is a bitch. If it makes you feel better I was joking about donkey kong though I just keep that in the plastic bag in the OP pic

I'm going to try this. I have a SNES and N64. Should I load two Donkey Kong games, or work up to it by starting with Wave Racer in the N64 at first and Zombies Ate My Neighbors in the SNES?

Hold up, I got a Sega Master System somewhere around here...

If you're being serious I'd just put in both consoles and put all your cartridges in the bag. I used to load them in like this but swinging around in the bag bent the pins in my copy of Perfect Dark.

If you can find your Sega that would be good. The power adapters for all those consoles probably adds up a bit too.

Ultimately you want dense objects right, because your bag doesn't have an infinite volume. When I'm doing squats or any "heavy" exercise the size of the bag becomes a problem because there's just so much shit to load into it. You really have to go for the dense items and make use of what you have.

The Sega has a copy of Where in the World is Carmen San Diego stuck in it so it's less adjustable. I forgot about that.

I used to lift my big mixing bowl filled with water above my head for OHP but it's too easy to spill.

Vacuums are good for floor press.

If you have a tile floor a pot with water is pretty good because it sloshes around, forcing you to really balance the shit out of that mother fucker and engage all those muscles. Just do it on tile so you can mop it up.

How do you use the vacuum for floor press? One of my roommates has a vacuum and I could probably snake it for a workout when he's out.

I was thinking about this some more now that I'm looking at the vacuum. I could get another grocery bag and put those on the end, fill them with shit and then use that as a bar for floor press and possibly even curls instead of the skateboard, probably a lot more ergonomic.

Thanks for the idea bro

Get two 2l bottles with water or sand as weightd and buy a chin up bar for your door ffs