Is mewing legit?

is mewing legit?

I have MD training and honestly can't convince myself it could work (and I have a pretty bad jaw so it would be nice otherwise). I kind of do that when I don't forget and you look way better.

Yeah it works.

Been doing it for a year now. huge difference.

Not posting pictures because don't want to dox myself.

Pretty much straighter teeth, wider jaw, taller developed nose.

I tend to suspect there is SOMETHING to it based on the fact that extreme mouth breathers have horribly deformed faces. So it just seems to logically follow that people who do the extreme opposite may have very attractive faces.

when he says tongue on the roof of your mouth, does he mean like consciously pressing hard? I don't quit get that bit

And clench your teeth? Or just tongue on the roof and closed mouth?

no.

even with modern orthodontics we cant get the teeth and jaw to stay in positions when we engineer wire into the mouth to force it.

all bone reverts back to its previous position as soon as wire is removed.

why do you think putting your tongue on the roof of your mouth would achieve anything better than that.

if there is an idea and it isn't embraced by western medicine odds are it doesn't work.

Try out for yourself: the investment is extremely little: 30 sec a day and you are set. Also you develop the habit of keeping the tongue at the top of your mouth really quickly.

As for results I believe it works even if it doesn't: the placebo effect can be a strong thing.

but does mouth-breathing cause that or is mouth-breathing a side effect of an underlying condition that causes/contributes?

30sec a day? I call bullshit.

it is a theory in dental medicine that mouth breathing may impact the development of the facial bones.

however, what this picture is doing is trying to say mouth breathing causes a recessive chin, which is idiotic.

this is where people who spout this shit run into resistance.

the majority of faults in the mouth breather for this picture are purely genetic and almost certainly not related to mouth breathing.

the biggest issue verified w/ mouth breathing is the impact it has on your dental health, gum disease, enamel erosion, etc.

not strong enough to remodel bone ya fucking retard.

jesus what a stupid statement.

I'm a mouth breather because of a deviated septum fucking sucks. My jawline is decent but my nose is asymmetrical and it makes me ugly

My case wasn't that severe, it was more like getting the bottom of my jaw flatter. As I said the time and effort investment is extremely low so one might as well try.

i broke my nose a lot growing up and thus it became crooked (Because there was no point in getting it rebroken everyone) thus I started breathing out my mouth.

Later in life I had to get surgery for them to go in and remove all the scar tissue that had built up in my nasal air way (enough to cause sleep apnea) so I could breathe properly again. While they did so they shaved my nose bone (Basically gave me a nose job for free because medically I had problem breathing properly).

So I was a mouth breather, but it was because I broke my nose so many times which is why it was crooked.

Bamp

>if there is an idea and it isn't embraced by western medicine odds are it doesn't work.
Oh man are you in for a surprise

Isn't it less about the bone and more about positioning your jaw better?

I definitely notice a better side profile when I put my tongue to my roof

YEAH BRUH YOU JUST GOTTA PUT YOUR TONGUE UP TO COMPLETELY CHANGE YOUR FACE

The harder you press the better, but obviously it's going to be more difficult in the long run + to have the patience for it. Just make it a habit to slightly press it up against the roof all the time without noticing.

Is the tongue-on-top position the natural resting position?
I find it more relaxing to let the tongue lay on the bottom

mouth breather problems. it's meant to sit on the roof of your mouth.

doubt it, modern medicine will dabble in most things that have actual medical merit.

e.g. acupuncture.

but this isn't adjunct therapy, it's an entirely separate entity known as alternative medicine aka bullshit.

if it aint even used as an adjunct it is not viable

it works if youre a kid. after that tho ur pretty much fucked

>tfw nobody told me mouth breathing was bad

God I can just imagine the aesthetics

If you don't shut the fuck up real quick I'll remodel your jaw.

there are twins, one has allergies and mouth breathes and her chin is receded

its fucking real, you tard

Which part of the roof of your mouth is your tongue supposed to press against? The front with the tip of the tongue against the teeth? or further back?

make you look better when a photo is taken of you
not sure about the long term effect, but it's free, so why not try it

>mouth breathing isn't real
Retard

Further back, according to Mew

his theory is that it can be improved even when you're an adult

My father has a crooked nose so i dont think i got it from mouthbreathing but, i've been a mouthbreather most of my childhood and i think it affected my jaw and face development

also am i a jew? i have Austrian and Slavic blood, do i have hebrew features?

You are at LEAST half jew

>you have been spotted by the gain-stealing gypsy.
>you must reply "i said no, gypsy! get!" to this post or the gain-stealing gypsy will swindle you into giving him your gains.

Your biology teacher never told you about how the nose filters dust and bacteria in the air?

i kek'd but i can assure you i don't have any gypsy in me lolll

not sure about the jew part though, will research further

I put my tongue up my milf fuck buddies ass once and her face changed completely.

If you would have paid attention middle school you'd remember that the teacher told you to breath in through your nose to filter and out of your mouth since you don't want to stop anything from coming out.

gypsy and jew hybrid
>jewpsy

The only time I've heard "breathe in through the nose and out through the mouth" is when I've been taught how to clear my mind.

the higher your tongues are, the better your face looks

I said no, gypsy! get

>do i have hebrew features?
Not really, no. You have a big nose but not a hook nose. Look at Howard Stern before plastic surgery for an example. It's fucking horrifying.

i said no, gypsy! get!

I have like never breathed aout of my mouth and still look like the guy in the bottom

>even with modern orthodontics we cant get the teeth and jaw to stay in positions when we engineer wire into the mouth to force it.

This is because we are not attacking the root of the problem. We are treating a symptom with braces. What MM does is attempt to correct the root of the problem with improved posture. Muscle can for sure change the way bone grows. The Coronoid process of the mandible is an example.

>if there is an idea and it isn't embraced by western medicine odds are it doesn't work.

Have you ever even western medicine? If you had any experience you would know there is a big difference with how things are and how they should be. There is a huge profit motive behind a lot of western medicine, at least in the most important country in the west (USA).

that fucking jew