Wrist straps and belt during OHP

Wrist straps and belt during OHP

Too much?

The belt is always a good choice, but why the straps?

I've literally never seen anyone use a belt and wrist straps for OHP. If you're not doing more weight than anyone in the gym has ever seen, you will look stupid.

To protect my wrists from bending back too much when I lift the bar over my head

Work on your forearms, dude.

cute dog :)

Got any good workouts for that?

Not OP, but who gives a flying fuck if you will look stupid. At the end of the day OP is taking the initiative to look after his back and wrists unlike majority of the dumb cunts in the gym who also do it with bad form.

I wear gloves to the gym. I'd like to see some smug cunt walk up to me from here (6ft6) and open his slack jawed mouth.

Its called wrist wraps, not wrist straps.

And yes, both are good and recommended.

I use a belt on my max effort OHP.

I press 1pl8, which is more than anyone at else my gym.

>wrist wraps
This nigga is using wrist wraps.

And these are wrist straps.

>2pl8
>straps

Belt for everything above 1pl8.
I've used a belt for OHP before I did for squats.

If you lean back you can easily tweak your back.

Maybe he is doing rows to failure? Have you thought about that before shitposting on a german slave exchange board?

no

i have babby wrists and hypermobility so always use wrist straps when i'm going heavy, i use them for all push movements actually

belt is fine as long as you don't rely on it, just use for max effort lifts

this. also fucked up my back so it feels safer with a belt cus I'll be more focused on bracing properly.

pussy

>rows
>knee wraps

Learn proper form, brace your abs and squeeze the glutes. You want to develop the stability to press more without a crutch.
If you are going for new PR's like 1 rep max or 3 rep max, then I would consider a belt.

>doesn't have a logical argument
>better call him a pussy

I see why people use gloves i just prefer not using them desu nothing against them

Rows is a compound exercise which will exert pressure on your knees among others. It works most of the muscles you work on during deadlifts.

Do you mean wraps? I don't see how straps would help.

And yeah, do whatever you feel like you need to, prevention is better than anything (for example, I swear sleeves whenever I squat more than 2pl8 and a belt whenever I squat more than 4pl8.

You don't wear knee wraps during deads either so who knows what this guy is about to do.

Farmers walk.
Grab some dumbbells and walk around the gym like some constipated loon.

You'll get looks but you'll be too busy with the burning in your arms and you get to the 3/4 point.

Also, this is probably the most FUNCTIONAL workout.

Alternatively, this is called the grocery walk