Rock climbing general

Any Veeky Forums brahs boulder? Just did my first V6 last night. Vid related

youtu.be/Sbn1dxJXN3c

Went once. Forearms were sore for a week. Thanks to being a tall lanky mother fucker, I out climbed the very experienced manlet that thought he was the shit at climbing rock.

Also, it's extremely frustrating that the rocks I went to, had similar colors next to each other. I think my eye sight is good, but I remember grabbing dark green or brown and getting criticized for cheating

Big climber here, currently up to 5.13. Livin the dream in Colorado.

That looks fun as fuck, too bad I can't even do a pull up.

You don't need to do pullups to be good at climbing

Just got back from climbing gym with my mate actually, I am pretty shit (been about 10 times in total over 2 years). My mate is about average for people who go multiple times per week.

It is pretty fun, don't have time to do it and gym aswell. When I stop going to gym I think I will do BJJ.

Always down for a climb with friends on weekend tho + it helps my skinny ass forearms.

Also this is a GOAT hobby for females.

Was climbing 5.11's a month ago, spending the next 8 weeks in northern Michigan though, so I wont have access to any climbing. Pretty bummed, but getting Veeky Forums was mostly motivated by climbing, so I'll have something to work for while I wait.

the dude that makes climbing threads on here goes to PG? depressing
please tell me you're not the same goy who posts on /out/

i recognize you; your feet need work

>thinking height makes you a better climber

Can tell you only went once

>Started climbing in January
>Up to doing 10's and 10+'s now
>Still pretty shitty
>Fucking great workout tho
>Used to go with some coworkers 3 times a week
>Grad school starts up
>Can only go 1 time a now, if that
>Want to get better at bouldering because I'm still too afraid of jumping from the top and I can't keep my feet planted on slanted walls
>Just gonna be stuck on 10's, top rope climbing forever

Mirin' bro. Keep it up.

>Co-workers are super serious about climbing, pay out big shekels for my climbing gym's classes that are 30-35 dollars a pop
>Just go to chill and have fun
>Can literally climb everything they can
>They go much more frequently than me
>Shit on me constantly as not trying hard enough
>Say I can only climb as well as them because I'm tall
>I get to go, get a workout, have fun, and I'm still keeping up with everyone even though I've never given those fucking jews at that gym a single sent more than the monthly membership

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You should try lead climbing if it's available at your gym. It's a great progression from top roping as well as works endurance.

Good work brah! Good climbing feels thread?

Last week I did a v7 in one session for the first time, I usually have to work them for 3 or 4 days. My goal is to do my first v8 by the end of the year

Live in colorado too, my best route was a 5.11, but now uni is closed and haven't climbed as much probably at 5.9; 5.10 now

Lol, ive never posted on here before regarding climbing. Do you go to PGSF?

bro this looks very dangerous
i just want to look good not risk my life

It is dangerous my dude. Two of my female friends tore their Acl and MCL falling straight legged. But if you climb safe and with good form you'll be fine. Plus it builds awesome strength and aesthetics. High risk high reward brah. Im also training to be an MMA fighter :3

Are you looking for a girlfriend Wil?

Maybe, what's your favorite videgame / are you a womanlet?

Hell yeah bro, only reason I got so in to fitness.
Anyone know the climbing situation in Shenzhen? Or how easy it is to get to Yangshuo from there.

but what about the running qt3.14 from wednesday?

Uhhh was that at Belmont?

sure

Given your superiority complex it's obvious that your lack of ability to address flaws is going to hold you back when climbing becomes more mental than physical, just like it has in life.

No idea what ur talking about, do I know you in person? If ur local let's go out to the patio tonight I'm bored

this is why we shouldnt have climbing threads on fit

i incidentally agree, but the lankeltt's attitude is chiller than yours

Nice job OP, but you should focus on form more rather than strength.

There is a rock climbing wall at my uni and I want to start using it, although I don't know where to begin with that. Do you just need shoes or something?

True, I'm venting about other shit I guess.

Any form tips I could improve on that video in particular? What was wrong with my feet?
They should rent out shoes there.

Keeping better control of your feet for one. You start off pretty well but then you come off from what looks like losing core control a couple times.
Most glaring thing is missing a heel hook that could've made the finish much easier, but you were probably just excited to complete it at that point.

Pretty good though, congrats on the send!

nah, you've seen me though.
i stay grayman on the internets. i'll say hey if i see you around and it seems organic, but i'll never mention anything about this maori stoneworking forum

no gracias to the patio; gets painfully east pa.
tonight i'm doing research i won't have time for tomorrow

you are hot

no homo

Seen you? How do you know.. Also you should come up to me and say "hey are you a 4channer xD me too" it would be funny

T-thanks I'm just climbing until somebody loves me...

and ruin the troll?
now you'll wonder if each new climbing friend secretly knows you from Veeky Forums
>dis gon be gud.gif

don't worry, i'm friendly. no homo.

captcha: identify all pictures with mountains

Fuck don't do this to me. It's going to be very bothersome

fucking hell OP you look good
n-no homo

Thanks man the steroids are working

why would you roid? you look great being lean and athletic like that :(
what a waste desu senpai

That was a joke. Would never roid. Too many sides

>using different colored holds
don't think I didn't see that you jewish son of a bitch

Can you fight OP?

Been bouldering for six months now. Have gotten into v4 territory. Going to buy a harness and get into top rope soon. I really want to go outside and do this in real life. I know it's suppose to be very different, but I have no idea what I'm in for.

Also how do people solo rock climb?

Not OP, but as a lanklet I disagree a bit with the last point, if the hold coming up is juggy (or juggy enough) jumping can be a bit easier than a sketchy hook.

Im going bouldering next weekend for the first time. Is it an activity i can do solo for a long time, currently searching for new hobbies.
Can i even do it solo? Will i make friends in the boulder halls?

>tfw failing V2s
>tfw no core strength or grip strength
i can't do the ones where the wall slants towards you

doesnt even look that hard
you also put your feet everywhere

Yes and yes. Been going alone from the start and still do it most of the time. IF i want to talk to people, boulderers are very nice and easy to talk to. Never exchanged numbers or something though.
But it`s nice to meet people at the hall, to whom you have talked to before.
Sometimes i go with a friend.

Well..you figured out what parts of your body are laking the needed strengh. Now go and train those parts and in a few weeks you will be doing them V2s

actually dynamic moves are less ideal for taller people. it just feels good b/c you're confident about the jug. lanklets have notoriously bad footwork. barn dooring and dropping feet is worse too.
think about it: the length of the lever is increased, putting more force on the fulcrum (your hands).
work on your deadpoint technique; it's incredibly powerful for taller people because it keeps your feet from pulling your center of gravity away from the wall as it would with cutting feet or dynoing

short people cut feet a lot without issue because they're fighting less inertia; their weight is less spread

>lanklet's have bad footwork

here
I can see why you say that, but it's not true. I'm a lanklet and my footwork it really good, but I always work on it along with explosive moves, static lock offs and more. In the beginning it was sloppy because I was taller and could reach a hold without bringing my feet up.

The only problem lanklets should have while climbing are certain compression moves, if they know what they're doing that is. If not a lot more will be bad because their form is all around bad

>lanklets bouldering
kek

>at gym
>lanklet trying a V2 next to me
>he jumps from the ground and reaches for two holds that are halfway up the wall
>the remaining part of the problem is easy
>he gets down and the girl he's with high fives him

Nope? Definitely didn't.
Yeah, I'm actually wearing my MMA spats and wanna do my first fight this year.

In the video im wearing my MMA spats*

t. never climbed
Any problem looks easy when climbed by a competent climber.
Saw that right foot on yellow m8 ;)

Ah, not sure if ur kidding or not buy that in no way helped me. My left leg was the important factor in that move

The one at 0:25?

why is everybody and their mother climbing nowadays?

Yesterday this family father got pissed at us for smoking a joint before bouldering our favourite formation because "his kids are here too"

REEEEE get the fuck out normies

Lol, where was this? Outdoors?

Is climbing any good for gaining mass?

No. It'll get you strong as fuck, but ottermode at best.

Nice vid bro, your beta looks quite reachy and midsection between 4th and 8th hold could use some dropknees but I can't hate that crisp finish. Noone can.

that's pretty cool famalam, you competed in any other style before?

TKD since I was 10. A big part of why I got into bouldering was because I wanted to have a Stranch edge in wrestling. I've been able to out grapple people with way more experience than me just from bouldering, it makes you ridiculously strong. A big part of why I got into bouldering was because GS P mentioned that he did a side sport (gymnastics) which gave him an edge over other fighters.

black forest, germany

every climbers paradise until all the normies started shitting up the culture and now we have to deal with soccer moms who say it looks dangerous what we do and little kids running under us while we boulder

last week a soccer mom called the cops because we made a bonfire after climbing

Fuck

you ever been in a street fight?

damn never heard of that place. looks visceral bruh. also those people sound fucking awful. i hate it when people let little kids run around in the bouldering gym like it's daycare. you see how I landed in that vid? i would for sure maim or severely injure an adult... cant imagine what would happen to a little kid. also really? people complaining about some weed outdoors? I thought Germany was more open and liberal with that shit. fucking soccer moms.

fuck that. do not fight above cement ever. I've been hit in the face plenty of times though (hard sparring). sucks when your jaw is so sore you have trouble eating for a few days

How old are you?
Also more videos or pictures pls? Shirtless if possible.
Absolutely no homo

I cycle up to the gym and sometimes my arms are so sore after climbing that I can't cycle home. I can't control the bike.

But other times they are fine after 2 hours of climbing. Weird.

My grip strength is pathetic. I would be a good climber if I improve my pinchy grips

24, here's a nice pic of my flabs

is life on easymode when you're handsome?

I'm not handsome, but thanks

Because I'm a fit 61kg 5'3 turbo manlet I'm pretty decent at climbing. Very fun to do.

6ft 190lb
recovering fatty, I can climb at 5.10 level currently, but the gym I have access to isnt very big so its hard to stay motivated

this kek. Friend is climbing 8B (world class) and he's 5'9. The average is pretty low for a professional climber.

Is 175 a good place for a 5'10 to stop at in terms of weight gain? I've seen other very skilled climbers my height who seem to carry that weight. I myself just want to put on a little bit of mass so I don't look to embarrassing with a short on. Currently at 166

Im this guy

i'd imagine reach is important

does your friend boulder?

Yep. I think he's around top 30 in UK right now.

climbing people will tell you you just have to be good at grabbing not pulling up. they will suggest climbing up with your legs not pulling up with arms.

is bouldering a good way to meet a qt(p)2T?

I wanted to start bouldering soon but have no idea what to do. Can someone here help me?

I don't know why but that looks like the V4s I do at my gym... I'm bad at climbing though so who knows

that doesn't look like a v6

yes you do

yep, best way to socially calibrate yourself

No way that's a v6. V4 tops.

It said V6 on the hold, so I'm gonna trust the person who set it.

Reminder that gym grades are inflated about 4 from outdoor grades. Congrats, you can make uncontrolled moves up a V2.

At my gym that would be a v0

If you live near a climbing gym or outdoor area you're off to a good start. Maybe go there once to rent shoes to see if it's an investment you want to make. Bouldering problems (routes) rated in difficulty from V0 (easiest) to V16 (few in the world could do it). You start at the bottom marked either with the same color tape, or same colored holds. Then using only those colors you want to make it to the top

I didn't even watch the vid mate, plastic is boring.

Reminder that I did a V6 and u didn't

Come back to me when you are free climbing a multipitch 5.14b with no shoes on

Sorry the rock climbing hasn't improved your facial aesthetics

Looks like a fun route but honestly, your gym is up-grading your boulders if thats a v6.

Shit folks Alex Honnold chills on Veeky Forums

Ive actually climbed in the same exact gym as alex back when he was just a local legend. He is the friendliest autistic guy youll ever meet