>want to look as good as I possibly can come late August/early September

>3 months
>lets say 500 deficit
>losing 2 lbs a week
>lets say 24 lbs lost in the next 3 months
>191 lbs bodyweight

you would lose 6-8% bodyfat

these are all just estimates

I know but the question is: is it better to lose more fat, or gain more muscle and a tiny bit of fat

What will look better, I know neither one will be perfect but it doesn't have to be perfect it just needs to be good enough

lose some more fat, you'll look better

then leanbulk afterwards

Usually for asthetics it's better to lose fat, but if you just have zero muscle mass (which you don't if you are actually 172 lbm) it's not worth it. My opinion of course

If looking good is your priority, low BF is more important than a bit more muscle mass

as long as you got some definition/size, women don't know any better

Fat is hard to lose because it's like it's STICKY, so STICKY it just stays on you like STICKY glue

So consensus is cut even more rather than bulk?

also this is a pic from a couple weeks ago

Lift hard as fuck, bulk like mad, become a beast

Have you considered not being sideways? I think that'd make you look better.

desu you look like shit and you really need a proper cut/bulk/cut cycle to look decent

If your main goal is to look your best for sept, then a cut would be best. Hit the weights hard, get lots of protein, god speed.

I've been asking around and everyone says that ottermode is what appeals to college students the most and in order to do that I definitely have to cut

Can I cut fast enough that I can then switch to bulking mode all before september or will it take the whole time just to finish the cut?

pounds
lean body mass
pounds of fat
>>around 20% body fat
say what mother fucker?

I was using math from the rapid fat loss handbook
I cant tell what my lbm or bf is for sure but I know my bmi is 25 or 26

This. Lose more fat, OP.

Fat NEVER looks good.

>college students
lifting for college students..

never going to fucking make it, don't even know why I bother trying to aid you. You have very little muscle mass so even after a full cut, you probably won't pull off ottermode because you still need some definition for that but its the best you will probably get. Don't think you have enough time to bulk at all really, maybe 1 week

Mossberg 500

I have this exact gun. Her name is Caroline. Pretty great gun desu, would recommend.

are you me?

6'3 183lbs 20%bf.
sux because if i keep bulking i'll get more fat and keep that gut, but if i cut i'll propably look too weak and skinny.

Yeah this is a weird and shitty boat

The great question: To cut or bulk at this point
I cant make up my mind

well i at first did a crash diet to lose lot of weight, 20 kilos or so.

propably lost lot of muscles but i was dyel so who care.

i'm currently trying to lean bulk but its more difficult that i thougt.

>eat at 2350 calories a day
>gain 300g a week
>keep the same 2350 calories
>doesnt move
>"ok so its time to up a bit
>up at 2500 a day
>lose 100 gram
>now at 2700 a day

really tempted to cut desu

I did a protein sparing modified fast from late february to a few weeks ago and lost 60 pounds

There's a very real sociology concept called the halo effect where the better people interpret you as looking the more they think of you as being trustworthy, friendly, etc, they will just in general like you more, works the same for guys and girls

I can't tell if I will look better when the next semester starts in late August if I go back to extreme cutting or if I start bulking now and now one can give me a solid answer

yeah i feel like whatever we choose to start with, cut or bulk, it will take a whole cut/bulk/cut cycle to look okay :/

at least we're tall so we still look okay in clothes i guess

Run pes anabetta elite and erase pro and bulk.

Currently on my second cycle for 8 weeks, on my 3rd week now shits amazing. Eating like a starving african at an all you can eat buffet but still loosing weight and gaining size im at 6'3 94kgs and abs are finally showing.

Although i train 6 days a week most weeks and work a pretty physical job for 12hrs a day.

I highly recommend it!

yeah see I actually dont even really look fat with clothes on but I dont look muscular either

more I took at some point

OMG OP is so simple why is everyone here so retarded. If you're above 15% bodyfat you have no business bulking. Just lift heavy and eat at a caloric deficit. You'll build muscle and get marginally stronger if your a newbie.

Then lean bulk from there.

The leaner you are the easier it is for you body to make gains. If you bulk your just going to get even fatter.

Easy OP
Ready the sticky

I wish someone had stopped me from eating so much shit and drinking so much shit when I was younger
And I wish someone had made me go to the gym and lift

not OP but the other guy, i think i'm gonna do that, cut untill around 12% maybe.

Shit, are you me ?
Im slightly heavier 100 kg but got ~ 80kgs of lean Mass. Imho, cut and Lift. Get 130-150 g protons /day, Lift 4 x wk and get just enough carbs to perform properly (for me ~ 50 g of red lentils do the Trick. ) Eat Raw celery to combat boredom eating. Dairy is your friend.

one thing im not totally sure, what are the macro ratio we should use to cut?

low carbs, just enough to function and go trough the day?

what about healthy fat?
obviously lot of proteins.