/plg/

powerliftinggeneral.com/

first for nn friends :)

look at this man, look at him and laugh

Night Alex ;)

what would a good cg bench be for someone who doesn't care about or compete in bench? Assuming around 84kg bw. I can probably do 2pl8 for 8x3 for close grip atm, only do it for triceps bb

some friends want to do a casual bench comp in december but I don't want to go wide grip or my shoulder will exprode

3pl8 closegrip at 84 is respectable.

well, I'm fucking miles away at the moment I guess. 6 months I'm aiming to hit 125 but I guess I can aim higher, guess I'll start doing it every workout

If you plan on doing it just for the meet's sake, don't worry about what's"good", just do the meet, nobody will laugh at you or anything.

As for what is impressive for an 83 lifter, I dunno, something like 135 or 140 cg would be pretty ok if it was close grip. You'll still get rekt by the regular bench people, but you won't get shit on, at least.

>memeing about boardshort's squat
HOW DO THEY KNOW

nice

Inb4 that guy who posts his lame sumo videos while girls don't pay attention to him.

What's going on in this thread? I'm loving
→ excellent job.

paging dr. boardshorts

Hey boardie how long ago did you start lifting?

You look like a bigger version of all the fucking chad rowers at my school and every time I get reminded of them I rage a little inside because my gf has probably sucked off 4 of them.

>my fwb rower fuccboi could deadlift 500lbs. how much can you deadlift user
>mfw I just hit 3plate

>just hit 3pl8 deadlift

Lmao weakling

I gotta say, I'm barely even DYEL, but all the deadlift videos I've seen have said not to roll that far back when hitting the top of the deadlift. Is it a bad angle or is that just wrong?

This guy is dream, life, goal, what it is to be. I await the boardshort to enter the thread, he come.

>ywn be chad

Hows that 4 plate dead lift going lith?

While you're using webm's of his form to argue with AUTISTS on a JAPANESE BLACK MARKET DOLPHIN MEAT MESSAGE BOARD, BOARDSHORTS eats PIZZA and blows MARIJUANA SMOKE up his girlfriend's VAGINA.

implying he doesn't blow it up her asshole while he receives messages from bad bitches ( which are in fact his fucking problem).

Don't worry they couldn't deadlift 500lbs.

Theyre all weak compared to powerlifters ofc.

Nailed it

i doubt many rowers deadlift over 405lbs desu

I could but I was a massive massive exception.

While you powerlifting fags were benching ISLEY was rowing 2k's at a 1:25 pace and basically you are all fucking stupid.

>club dl record at 277.5kg for 93kg
and so i just got myself a long term goal, gonna smash it
in some time

09/2013

Suh fAm

wait, wat

Mind if I ask what your lifts were when you started?

Say is speed work a meme? i mean if you really must do something to increase speed on lifts why not do power movements like so?

1. Dead lifts high pulls
2.Jump Squats
3.plyometric push-ups

what're your guys thoughts on sumos vs wide stance conventional (think brian shaw stance)?

currently pull like 620lbs sumo and am wondering if i could get more out of a conventional pull

It's a little hazy. I went to an mma gym for a free month and did cardio there to prepare for a tough mudder at first. We did this dumb strength and conditioning course that was similar to crossfit. After a week or two I decided to deadlift and to just kind of jump with it. Did 315 or thereabouts and stopped as a first workout. Same workout I did bench, topped at 205, roll of shamed 225 and called it there obviously
Right around then I did ohp 5x5@1pl8 but I stopped there because I was unsure of my form. Squats were probably high but I was squatting 275 for some stupid fucking leg day made by Charles Poliquin probably three months into lifting.
Then I went into progress limbo because of my own shitty attempt at a ppl

how the fuck should we know try it

are you natty boardshorts?

I want to know if becoming you is achievable without fucking up my es

Wide stance conventional is idiotic. Don't do it. You are not Brian Shaw.

Lifetime natty. With hard trying and some height, face, frame you too can be as strong as me :)

figured itd be worth a shot cause i'm only an inch shorter than him

not 400lbs tho

it's meme tier 4sure
it's also what a majority of casual deadlifters do for some reason, with plenty of knee valgus thrown in

The reason Brian Shaw does it is because it works for him. You can try it sure but i think its unlikely it would be better for you.

Honestly lad i feel like a degenerate and am half considering doing a cycle. Which sounds really dumb as i have only been lifting 2 years and have

Wow, you started off benching 205? Did you do sports or anything before then or am I just a genetic deadend?

makes my conventional go from shit to actually ok, come at me

He's not a lifetime natty

all of the talentcUck memers that say shit like that have some kind of athletic background. us deadends, usually sedentary until we start lifting, are just behind in terms of physical activity by 10+ years. then the talentcucks try to make us feel bad by saying "oh ive only been lifting for 2 years xDDDDD"

dont worry about it and FUCK talentcucks

Using steroids is wrong. What would your mom say? Think about it

What did your mom say?

Shed say using steroids is wrong desu

Lmao boardie what a faglord

Is Phil natural?

Are those natural?

All natty

mfw 60+ year old looking man at my gym just deadlifted 230kg

Pendlay says to do lifts that target each of the 3 speeds, burst, medium, and slow (body weight, accessories, and high intensity) but then again he's an oly coach and an American one at that

kek

You get better carryover from actually performing the lifts, which also allows the speed work to double as technique work.

We have a guy in his 70s doing that. It's pretty impressive.

I have mad respect for old men who've powerlifted for decades. Especially if they're not injured

I'm hoping to be one, but I'm kind of yolo when it comes to lifting so I'll probably injure myself along the way kek

Almost everyone gets injured at some point.

I want to be lifting for my whole life but I have no idea how I'll get to 70+ without at least one debilitating injury

Hello. I'm a 7" man who's interrested in powerlifting, but I'm afraid I'll never amount to anything because of my height. Should I just find a different hobby? Is there no hope for me? Curse these 'netics

You probably can do at least decently but it'll involve weighing a hell of a lot.

move to iceland and take up strongman

Me too buddy

I'm training for masters world's now. I'll never do anything as a senior but my family has incredible genetics for senescence

Boardshorts is one insecure cringey motherfucker huh

>take all the roids and hgh
>do strongman
>be the new stronkest man on the werld

Im 6'7 and other than deadlift i can do all of the big 4 with relative ease and good form (OHP is a pain cuz im so tall the weights hit the ceiling).

Instead of DL im working on Rack Pulls from now on to build back strength.

But as someone else said you're gunna have to eat a fucktonne.

I'm 29 and just started olynoic lifting this last year. Will never even win a local senior comp but I'll qualify for masters worlds in 5 years TRUST ME DAWDI

Glad to see I'm not the only one who has given up on seniors.

Hancuck can't even make it through to seniors, I bet all the talentcucks will be crippled when I reach 50.

Worlds 2040 are mine !

Had a little j before work and now there's a bus strike. I'm late.

If I saw some idiot doing a true close grip bench press (I'm ASSUMING you mean shoulder width grip) at a meet, I would laugh. I would encourage others to laugh.

>rounded back

I know powerlifting is a meme, but cmon guys that was shit form, legit

inb4
>heavy weight xDD u couldnt do it xDD

That's not round back (you cuck)

How come that a nation like Nauru with 10.000 inhabitants has three different people holding power lifting world records?
They must be the best nation in the world at power lifting if you account for their population.
How come that they have such good genetics for powerlifting?

Who are you memeing for? Haack or Gibbs?

Its literally the only sport the nation partakes in. Throw enough people at the records and sooner or later one of them is going to be successful.

are you kidding? islander people are fucking huge without even lifting. a pasty white boi lifting his whole life wouldn't equal the natural frame of some of those guys.

Do we cue spread the floor in a sumo deadlift in order to get glutes engaged on setup?

They used to play aussie rules and do weightlifting. And that was it. However now all they do as a nation is powerlifting, because it allows people like jezza and bronco and thousands that want to be like them to become less poor and famous among the nation.

Also modern Polynesians are the winning side of a massive genocide and so are selected for physical strength

Nauruan's aren't Polynesians though. They're Melanesians.

Having half the nation be obese and diabetic probably helps in finding SHWs to compete.

>Also modern Polynesians are the winning side of a massive genocide and so are selected for physical strength
what

what are you talking about. the names are made up words dude, they don't matter. you're making up subsets of a subset.

they're islander and they're fucking huge. no other words needed.

for people with long femurs is it better to low bar or high bar?

>wake up
>roll out of bed
>eat breakfast
>check Plg is Isley honoured his bet
>nope, still a weasel

Welp

Do you want to roll with my new bet?

How about I bend you over my knee and whip you with my belt as punishment for weaselling

*Sweats*

It'll get you your cuck video... And all your risking is stopping the weasel banter. That's it. It's so easy.

Bikini bottom pics?
Speak English? I thought your country invented the language shouldn't you be able to communicate in it properly?

I think either esme has a thing for bdsm or homoeroticisn or both.

Also the bet is I go 220/150/275 at my next classic meet (I have to do an easy deadlift because I'm competing properly in equipped three weeks later) in four weeks and you stop calling me a weasel.

And if I fail I make the cuck video. Five minutes of explaining my cuck fetish. Convincingly.

My country also invented yours. Look how that turned out.

Both.

>Thanks Veeky Forums

low probably

250/165/305

Those are the numbers you have to hit

You know, not numbers you've already hit, such as a 285 deadlift you've hit at 93kgs and somehow 275 at 105kgs is your number? Kek don't make me laugh you weasel

I'll tell you what
I'll come over and beat you with a belt like your daddy used to if you post some nice booty pics (your butt)

CHINESE NATTY AND EASTERN EUROPEANS ARE DIRTY CHEATERS

CHINA IS NUMBER ONE

>tfw I've had 1000 nagging injuries since 14 years old
starting PL and then WL early and doing MMA was a mistake, thank god I still haven't had any major ones

If your into BDSM have you read sunstone?

N-no

No I haven't. Pls explain

why would anyone enageg in any kind of bet with someone like you?