Fasting Thread

I don't get it why are bodybuilders fasting?

Won't you lose muscle?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9155494
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19943985
leangains.com/2010/10/top-ten-fasting-myths-debunked.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

For Ramadan, ya dingus

Cutting body fat before competition brehhhh

putting slim back in muslim

What about the muscle? Why not just diet?

Having huge muscles isn't all bodybuilding comps are. Having supreme amounts of definition is as important. Want great definition? Dehydration and low body fat.

So. Diet will give you low fat too and doesn't break down muscle.

Bodybuilders aren't fasting at all. Just lazy people on Veeky Forums who don't know how to cut calories or are to lazy to work them off.

Might as well be called starving thread.

But the guy in the picture is famous for fasting.

It's a meme

But why is the faggot in the picture doing it?

Yeah and notice he isn't really that big either? My arms and shoulders easily trump his. I guess that ain't the point though. Fast if you want, but it certainly isn't healthy and has been proven to fuck up your metabolism.

Seriously? WHat does it do to your metabolism?

It's just subhuman muslims fasting, not normal people.

This is pretty much it.

Calories lately are between 0 to 800 a day, and I know I could just eat my deficit at 1200/day but Im just too lazy.

Get our of here with that bs it's to increase to lepton sensitivity it was working in cutting and making gains even before I started counting calories.i can eat what ever I want within reason I am not going to eat 2 Oreos shakes with a burger and fries that will put me over the limit even when it's the only thing I eat

But this guy also fasts and is huge

>itt noob faggots who don't know shit about fasting

it will give you more gains if you do it for 2 days because of the shock your metabolism receives.

ramadan fasting is purely discipline and believe related.

fasting once a month or 3 months for 2 days is actually healthy and good for your body.

But this guy has a SHITTON of studies that say it doesn't fuck up your metabolism at all and doesn't cause your body to enter starvation mode.

What is going on user, I'm more confused than ever.

Bullshit. Calories in = calories out. Wtf don't people understand about that? Its against the laws of thermodynamics.

fasting doesnt fucking break down muscle go research

By simply starving yourself you are telling your brain there isn't anything coming and so your body does what it can to decrease its metabolism. Which why people see weight gain after starving themselves.

You are so full of shit its silly. Ain't no one making gains by fasting. That simply isn't the way the body works. I can also eat whatever I want and not really worry about calories. But I also bust my ass everyday working out. You can't make gains without nourishment. Its simply impossible.

>By simply starving yourself you are telling your brain there isn't anything coming and so your body does what it can to decrease its metabolism. Which why people see weight gain after starving themselves.

But this study and review show short term fasting doesn't influence metabolism.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9155494

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19943985

What's up with that user?

this is the most basic concept of diet, wtf do you think our body is? it's so much more complex and there are many other variables you can work with to lose/gain weight.

Who are you going to believe? A guy who does it because it made him thinner and made his muscles show a bit more? Or countless doctors who say it isn't a good idea?

I won't say fasting didn't work for him to cut some weight, but I promise with 100% certainty that it didn't help his muscles one bit.

What your body makes energy out of magic? Get the fuck out high school dropouts

fasting =/= starving
and you're dumb.

Ah I see. Do you have any source on these countless doctors?

Because this idiot:

keeps throwing scientific studies in my face saying it's super healthy.

Wtf is going on.

I'm more confused than ever.

All I'm saying is diet isn't only "cals in cals out", there's a lot more to it and you're obviously so fucking ignorant you can't even understand it.

If you aren't going to call fasting starving then I know this is a troll thread and I know its okay to drop out now.

Bottom line, there is no reason for you to not be eating 5 lbs of meat everyday and just going ham on some weights if you want to see muscle growth. Its really not that hard.

People say calories in calories out, but for those looking for gains I tell them Protein in protein out. Its really that simple. It just takes time and effort. Quit trying to find a shortcut.

Source? Because I call bullshit.

humans are the most complex form of life on earth but
CALORIES IN CALORIES OUT, EVERYTHING ELSE IS DUMBBBBB, LAWS OF THERMODYNAMICS HURR
fucking disgusting.

Bodybuilder fasting is either IF where you only fast for 16/24 hours or PSMF where you cut out everything bar protein or a combination of the two. Fasting isn't just starving completely.

Yeah, but you're so special you can make matter out of nothing. FUcking delusional cunts.

yes I did say that. good work, keep being this dumbfuck you are.

Honestly, I am just speaking from what worked for me. I am just giving you sound advice that has been known for decades now. I assumed from the basis of this thread you wanted to build muscle and I am telling you to ingest protein and don't hold back on the weights.

Why torture yourself when you could literally eat sirloin steaks and workout? Its so simple.

Ok. What about him claiming you eat the same amount of food in a short time frame, lets say 4 hours, increases your gains and lowers your fat percentage.

Do you call bullshit on that to? Cause it seems a risky strategy.

Hes right though. Let me break it down for you and try to explain whats going on.

If you fast AND workout, you aren't really gaining much except maybe losing some weight a bit quicker which can just as easily be put back on the next time you have a bite.

This routine is also called cutting, and can just as easily be performed by doing even LIGHT CARDIO.

I do not see why you folks insist on torturing yourselves with this fasting shit. Its literally a pointless measure.

I can't look up shit on the internet by myslef
the thread.

I did

But everyone is disagreenig. All the blogs are citing studies. Whereas everyone here is like: Memediet Memediet.

I don't fucking know what to do.

I don't understand what you mean, do you mean eating large portions in the span of 4 hours? If so then he would be correct. There is nothing wrong with that, so long as you intend to put in the effort to work the intake off.

Since we've began talking I have done some reading on this dude and he is all talk about the food but none of the workout.

Yeah but hes talking about keeping the workout the same, but getting more gains and less fat from intermittent fasting.

he fell for it

I can't look up shit on the internet by myself
the thread.

Except it does, without food the body breaks down muscle to keep the brain going, it also prioritises the heart and will break down other muscles to keep it going.

This. People think the only thing the body gives a shit about is its muscle structure. I promise you the body isn't you in this respect. It knows what keeps you alive and will prioritize that in that regard.

Like I said countless times, quit torturing yourself and just eat and fucking workout. Its that simple.

>Oh I just broke my diet and ate something
>I could drop down and do some push ups
>I could throw my arms under my bed and do leg ups
>grab a branch outside and do pull ups

This shit isn't rocket science. You get out what you put in.

Positive nitrogen balance bitch by using my calories and focusing my protein intake on before and after workout.also why should I care what you say when i know it works for me

Then I would respect your trips and say good for you and tell you to continue doing what you think works best. I ain't an asshole, I am simply talking about what works for the other 99%

Your body will break down it's glycogen storage first and then go for adipose tissue for ketone bodies.
And since you feed every day you will not go in to starvation.
See: Starvation response.

was for:

oh look its a muh cal-in-cal-outfag, why don't you go ahead and kill yourself

Depends on how long the fast lasts. The body will rely on the stored up glycogen until it's depleted. Then it will use up the fat. Unfortunately, some muscle is lost along with fat.

I only know about IF , and from what I read the science of it is pretty solid.
I have a degree in biology, which does not make me an expert, I know enough about mammalian hormonal systems to get that it makes A LOT of sense.
I think a lot of people are against it because it seems extreme. you don't have to go full force from the start, you can start by having a smaller breakfast, and with time skip completely.
works for a lot of people.

What an odd looking human.

fasting for less than 72 hrs won't break your muscle down you dumbfuck.

do you seriously think our bodies are that shitty?

Body builders can fast because the test/tren/mast/GH/slin/t3/DNP etc allows them to keep all their lean tissue.