/plg/ - powerlifting general

quite and relaxation edition.

no capital letters please. quiet and peace only.

dropbox.com/s/ibp3e6w9vzkrvc9/Ph3 Programming (As of 4-7-2016).xlsx?dl=0

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z_8CPhfTxyU
youtube.com/watch?v=dvZRpXD2iHI
youtube.com/watch?v=vaoTWVbATFY
youtube.com/watch?v=hIw7oeZKpZc
youtube.com/watch?v=fc-DgRO1SrQ
youtube.com/watch?v=SndPb5XohYM
youtube.com/watch?v=vhaaQ9TathM
youtube.com/watch?v=3KqGs0XOpH8
youtube.com/watch?v=ApdJ_l8zQ2k
vimeo.com/86232503
youtube.com/watch?v=yvKoyeEuezA
youtube.com/watch?v=iKdbz5HJAUI
youtube.com/watch?v=ARTG_tx6Ixc
youtube.com/watch?v=qMCsv-zj56s
youtu.be/1NZ0EoOuJi4
youtube.com/watch?v=OTquzDmeAbc
youtu.be/V3Q99YuVraM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Will my lifts stay the same proportionately to each other for my entire lifting career? Say if my squat is 2 times what my bench is and my deadlift is 0.5 more than my squat, will it always stay roughly the same?

GYM PLAYLIST IS BORING ME LADS

POST SOME TUNES

no capital letters, ask your question again please

haven't had access to creatine for the past ~2 weeks. Should i redo a loading phase or just jump back in?

youtube.com/watch?v=Z_8CPhfTxyU

loading phase is a meme for the industry to sell more creatine anyways

Does anyone here follow the conjugate method? Is it a meme or does it work even if you're raw natty?

off the top of my head
Callin Out - Lyrics Born
Tooth and Claw - Animals as Leaders
Into the Unknown - Summoner
See Me Fall - Summoner
Atf - DMX
For My Dogs - DMX
New Level - A$AP Ferg

c-can I get some help guys? I just want to get strong like you :/

I suspected this
Housin' - Rage Against the Machine
actually pretty much the whole Renegades album is hype

youtube.com/watch?v=dvZRpXD2iHI
youtube.com/watch?v=vaoTWVbATFY

Why not just pick a novice program and then adjust it slightly to your liking? Maybe Texas Method might be up your alley.

do SS and be patient

then do TM once you've reached good weights (proficient on symmetric strength is a good goal)

There's only one song you really need:

youtube.com/watch?v=hIw7oeZKpZc

DROP OUT OF LIFE

WITH BAR

IN

HAND

Why not just do what's proven to work? It may not be glamorous but your adding 5lbs to your lifts every other day.

Why do singles if your barely squattin 2pl8 or what have you.

youtube.com/watch?v=fc-DgRO1SrQ

youtube.com/watch?v=SndPb5XohYM

youtube.com/watch?v=vhaaQ9TathM

youtube.com/watch?v=3KqGs0XOpH8

youtube.com/watch?v=ApdJ_l8zQ2k

vimeo.com/86232503

youtube.com/watch?v=yvKoyeEuezA

Started 3 years aso @63kg 1,76 martial art fag.
Am at 81kg now with a little belly.
Wew lads.

The secret? Bull testicle carpaccio.

Okay so I just watched some of those Eric Bugenhagen videos, and I legitimately like his training philosophy.
Are you just memeing about him or do you actually like him too?

It's incredibly edgy, but it's fun and motivating as fuck.
youtube.com/watch?v=iKdbz5HJAUI

How can I dislike him when he pulls such huge fucking weight

youtube.com/watch?v=ARTG_tx6Ixc

Wont he fuck up his elbows by ripping the bar like he does? Looks painful

Yes

He won't be making videos every day in twelve months

Yea you are right guys. I just got too hyped watching Bugenhagen

youtube.com/watch?v=qMCsv-zj56s

Pretty sure he has been doing that shit for a long long time.
Fuck off retard

1RM

5X5 WITH DIFFICULT BUT NOT IMPOSSIBLE WEIGHT

HIGH REP RELEVANT ACCESSORY WORK AFTERWARDS

youtu.be/1NZ0EoOuJi4

How are 74kg sub juniors benching more than Isley, raw?

because they don't have SISLEY genetics

is ph3 a good program?

Ask Joff when he's online, he's well versed in it. A PH3expert, if you will.

MY RENT IS WAY TO HIGH U NEED TO
CUD EEEET

You've hurt yourself way more than he has

You're literally a Jealous DEAD END

How does one achieve proper external rotation in the sumo deadlift?

Just push knees out hard? Only in setup or also on the way up?

it have a fuckton of volume god dammit boy

The burger fandom will end

Fads always do

shut up sissley you cumslut whore

I'm still tryna figure this shit out too lol
I'll always be a burger fan. Honestly didn't expect the meme to survive the first thread

>it have a fuckton of volume god dammit boy
can someone who have done the sheiko app program rank it in volume? Is it like a good program to run after intermediate large load or what

Why does my IT band hurt after sumo deadlift?

I tried widening my stance and pointing my toes out more and it got a lot better but is it a flexibility thing or just poor position or etc?

Currently sumodeadlifting with an average barbell because lol YMCA

A week ago I did 130kg DL easy

I missed a week of workouts due to a trip, and on returning to the gym, I almost failed the last rep of 130kg

Can you lose strength that fast or was my CNS just not prepared or some shit?

could be a grip issue

Saw this earlier, thought I'd share.

It's sensationally titled "The Real Reason Westside Barbell Athletes are So Strong", but it's about a lot more than that.

It dispels a lot of the nitpicking, whining, excuse making, program hopping, semantic debating internet crybabying that is very prevalent in the "powerlifting community" currently.

Have a look, it's worth the 15 minutes (there is a minor advert the first minute).

I never knew that Stan Efferding was so eloquent and insightful :)

>TL:DW, most people aren't trying hard enough :)

youtube.com/watch?v=OTquzDmeAbc

Nah grip was fine

I just struggled a lot more for some reason, and my back struggled a lot more than usual

I'm feeling my form was probably a bit shit

could just be tight glute medius from external rotation
take a lacrosse ball to that shit

What can I do to bring up my deadlift as fast as possible?

I currently don't squat due to reasons, so I can use whatever energy I save from not squatting on deadlifts.

>people aren't trying hard enough
lol thats exactly what i got from it

TRY HARDER
R
Y

H
A
R
D
E
R

what's your lifting level?

All new creatine doesn't need a loading phase, that's so 2006, I forget the name of the creatine but the new creatine hcl doesn't need loading

I slightly pulled a glute muscle deadlifting last week actually, so you're probably right. Thanks anonkun.

Twinkffrey hasn't even got three weeks into it and only ran it after I talked about it on here lol
Compared to sheiko, not really, it has more frequency than the common sheikos people run on here however

>Joff when he's online, he's well versed in it

Granticus ran it with huge gains, but he doesn't trip around these parts no more :(

That dude is going places.

Deadlift very very low. Less than 3 pl8. Squat was around 4 before break, bench close to 2.

Have done bro lifting shit a lot and couldn't deadlift for a long time.
Now I'm trying to bring it up.

I'm doing sumo

>Twinkffrey hasn't even
Lad even i could tell that was bait

he may be closer than you think ;)

I mostly listen to Pantera and Slayer but liked some of the hip hop songs on John Haack's videos. Found a list and downloaded most of them.

Deadlift more. Many sets, few reps per set. Weight isn't that important since beginners doesn't need much specificity

>but he doesn't trip around these parts no more

I wonder why. What could possibly cause a strong, helpful and legit trip to give up?

P good lift today. 380 felt better than I thought it would. Accidentally did a set of 6 on the CGBP set I recorded but I guess that's not much of a problem.

youtu.be/V3Q99YuVraM

Is that the new James Blake album?

No shit lol i respond to all bait if it gives me an excuse to btfo of some loser lol

iirc the creatine i have at home is monohydrate

Bench close to 3*

In that case read the container and if it mentions a loading phase then you do need a loading phase, but creatine is so cheap you might as well buy the hcl one next time

you didnt tho
just biting on some obvious bait, saying it was me, it was me, not him

but fair enough, dont respond

Are you ready to explain your sq and dl programming yet?

If you're trying to refer to sean, Sean only makes loser trips (I.e 99% of trips) leave , such as loser fat weak trips like buda

Nah it's from an EP that was basically B-sides from his self-titled as I understand it. It was called The Wilhelm Scream

>mfw people didn't like his new album

I've already explained the DL programming

To be honest, I don't understand where the strength in the sumo deadlift is supposed to come from.
What fucking muscle is supposed to bring the strength when you stand in such a weird stance with your hips that open, don't get it.

It needs to be known trinkffrey is a copycat loser who can't think for himself and I accomplished that with said post

>I've already explained the DL programming

But I want squatgramming

He couldn't possibly be closer than my heart, which is where he is :)

>I wonder why.
Lol. Every town needs a village idiot (inb4 its me).

I didn't listen to anything he did after Overgrown desu but I still listen to his Hemlock and R&S releases pretty frequently, guess I should check out his latest album then

Glutes, hamstrings, lower back, when you bring your ass forward that's your glutes doing work

It is you though lol

But I thought glutes engagement and hip forward is only on lockout, which is maybe 5% of the ROM and also not the critical point.

It's fairly different from what he's done before so I'll warn you of that. Might be why others didn't like it. And there's no like standout track that makes you want to put it on repeat. It's just a very solid, well-flowing album.

Like I said before as it is now it's been working very well for me but I don't know about it's efficacy as a cookie-cutter type thing. I might type it out for you tonight at work though.

Anyone ever get knee pain after squatting, it never hurts during but always hurts a good 10-15 minutes after

Can't stand this guy
He just takes steroids and that's the secret to his success
He rants about how he didn't know about all these fancy training techniques
But he says he used them, just didn't know what they were called
So he's literally implying they're effective

May have misunderstood the message because I couldn't sit through any more of his bitching

spotted the guy who doesn't know how to set up
watch more duffin content
Have U Eva ft. Vic Mensa - Leather Corduroys
Still Got It - Vic Mensa, Joey Purp, Two Fresh
I Meant It - Brian Fresco

>May have misunderstood the message because I couldn't sit through any more of his bitching
You're missing the forest for the trees. I give you an "F" for "incomplete, plus lack of comprehension."

You're all out of friendship tokens.

tru
i think i'd done some calculations about the price and how long it'd last me when i was buying it but i can't remember desu

plus all the studies on creatine have been monohydrate so i felt a lil more comfortable with it

I can't fucking turn off my reflex to shrugg my deadlifts to lockout for fucks sake

TESTING THIS

I LIKE THE LAST ONE LET'S FUCKING TRY THIS ONE

I thought that was you doing a 600 lb zercher for a hot minute. Had to pick my jaw up off the keyboard, lol.

You're lifts are good to, though.

So is the new meme to do weird lifts? Jefferson, Zercher, maybe some Turkish Get-Ups?

>tfw everyone wants singles and bangers
i get not everyone's got time for a full album but damn
stop asking for albums then

up those question about PH3

>I thought that was you doing a 600 lb zercher for a hot minute. Had to pick my jaw up off the keyboard, lol.

well to be fair, intelligence was never your strong suit

>that guy doing rows in the gym
It's laughable as his fatigued lumbar rounds and his head jerks up as he attempts to pull the bar up. His back is always rounded on deadlifts, probably from the accumulated posterior chain fatigue from the worthless row volume. Should I inform him of the detrimental effect rows have on primary work capacity, and of the benefit of chins over rows? It's just so pitiful, seeing someone row.

>/plg/ 2017: the year of rehabbing

What?

Post video bae :3

who could possibly be so broken inside that they feel the need to bully buda

IS this your first week here? no one likes buda, probably not even his son lol

>the need to bully
Is it bullying if I don't feel bullied?

:)

i like buda so you are wrong straight away

what you think about the volume that it have im an intermediate lifter and i would like to try it for hypertrophy and strenght.

What has he totalled in meet again? How excited is he for Gibbs v Haack this Worlds, and for other classes smashing IPF records? That's what I thought.

have one guess