Martial Arts

What's the best martial art that will help in real life fighting situations.

Inb4 krav maga meme

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GeA__6aVkK0
youtu.be/-0jnP7Su_2s
youtube.com/watch?v=V9jS80DwUKA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

In order
> don't live in a shithole jitsu
> dont be a cunt fu
> parkour
> boxing / muay thai + bjj / judo / wrestling

>parkour

idk if you want to do martial arts to win fights desu

do it because you admire the art form or because you think it looks cool

if you pick fights yr probably insecure, and if you get in a fight with some rando strength and size will probably determine the winner

if you get mugged, they probably have a gun or a knife or friends and you'd have to be a siqq cunt to not die

u can call me a fag just my opinion t b h

>he doesn't want to learn the martial Jew

are you some kind of anti Semite?

I don't want to start fights. It's just a lad I know got fucked up on a night out recently. I want to be able to defend myself if that ever happens to me.

> removing yourself from the situation in the most efficient manner is fedora
I mean if you enjoy getting gang banged by jamal's crew more power to you.

If you fit back, they already won. The strongest move is to turn the other cheek and love your enemy.

I don't follow christian polytheistic infidel beliefs

>practical tier

bjj/judo/wrestling. helps you control the fight and de-escalate the situation very quickly, sense basically every fight winds up on the ground anyway.

>technically viable but impractical tier

boxing and muay thai, as they will really only serve to escalate the situation if they actually work. maximum risk of getting legally fucked.

>realistic tier

avoid the ghetto, don't act like an insecure manlet, concealed carry

>get shot in the parking lot tier

karate

>look cool before getting shot in the parking lot tier

capoeira

You'll note how everything is superceded by not living in a shithole and not being a cunt

wrestling, muay thai, bjj, boxing

if you wan't to be an extremely well rounded fighter (especially in street fights) learn krav maga, and not from a mcdojo, an actual trainer. learn kickboxing, karate (multiple forms), taekwondo (multiple forms), sambo, and judo

>tfw europoor so can't carry gun

This senpai. Seriously, almost any martial art practiced for long enough (from a proper instructor, beware mcdojos) will give you a good base for defending yourself.

aikido

>tfw being able to suplex a motherfucker
Feels good mang

Kek.
> inb4 aikido copypasta

Step One: Find MMA gym that competes on a regular basis, it should have a good number of fighters that actually compete in MMA.

Step Two: Join that gym.

If you can't find one of those make sure you join a gym BJJ, Boxing, etc. that competes; any gym that tells you they don't compete for (insert bullshit we must protect opponent desu reason here) is not a good gym and will not make you a good fighter.

Also bulk up if you want to be able to hold you're own in a fight. I fought MMA in my undergrad days at 155 pounds. I managed to beat the shit out of a 220 pound guy but he was out of shape, dyel, and didn't know how to fight and it was still tough. Weight with some fighting experience goes a long way.

pipebombkata

Gun Jiutsu

BJJ, then judo or wrestling

Striking is an obsolete martial art that's only useable when both you and your oppoent are already good grapplers,

krav maga in all forms is a total joke and anyone who recommends it doesn't know shit about either krav maga or real fighting.

So I did BJJ for about 6 months and that was cool but what about when someone is trying to punch you in the face? How do you get in close enough for a take down?

I think some level of striking is necessary in a real fight

It is, kickboxing is good to know how to defend yourself from punches and kicks and to throw them, wrestling will help you take your opponent to the ground, some people are more suited to one style than another but the Holy Trinity seems to be:

Kickboxing: For stand up game
Wrestling: Paired with kickboxing to help you transition from stand up to ground
BJJ: For ground

having friends and carrying a weapon

he looks like a muppet

>Get punched in face
>Fall
>Figure 4 or Boston Crab them when they attempt to ground and pound

literally run up and hug them, then sit down. it's not that hard to score a take down

Gun-fu

Pretty much any martial art as long as you train seriously, frequently and patiently.

It's not 'what style' it's 'what attitude' that counts.

How's it going Justin Trudeau?

krav maga is completely honorless too, where does it come from anyway?

I think it was developed by the Israeli military

not being an idiot who gets into fights

i think i gonna learn capoeira to be sure before if i get knocked out that i looked cool in the end...

This is totally fine if you are taking a martial art as an art form or as a hobby but its not true if you are training to defend yourself, some martial arts are really useless in a fight, especially if the other person knows how to fight.

I don't wanna argue with kravfags so I'll just throw it out there...
>Ed Kirby kenpo
for combat
>Jiu-Jitsu
for tard rangling

MCMAP. If you don't want to join the Marines, I'd suggest looking into the teachers. Not just some Marine, but one of the actual trainers

> military combatives
Top kek

> choreographed 30 hit hypercombos requiring the opponent to stand perfectly still with their arm extended
> for combat
Apex kek

Tricking.
TRICKING. IT'S THAT SIMPLE, YOU GUYS.

This. Quality of the Gym is the most important factor.

>implying you dont know the answer to that
/pol/ pls

Best matial arts for reality

Combat Hapkido
Systema
Hapkido
[small gap]
MuaiTai
Kickboxing
[larger gap]
some kung fu
Taekwondo (WTF and ITF styles)
Karate
Boxing
Wing Chun
Taekwondo (ATF style)
most kung fu

>bjj/judo/wrestling
yeah, unless more than one person attacks you, and then when yo take one down to the ground and get aids needles in your back his friends curbstomp you

Hapkido, if self defense is what you want

fedora tipper or troll post

Shitty tkd combined with shitty aikido. Two wrongs will surely make a right!

>wrestling/grappling
trust me I'm expert

>not putting karate at the top

Can Muay Thai replace kickboxing? I'm not familiar with either, but I've heard good things about Muay Thai

Hey guys,
The deal with krav maga and all the hate?
I trained 4 years in a place that was not a dojo and had a trainer that was heavily into bjj.
What's the meme about it?
I've never tried in real combat as I'm not military nor stupid enough to not walk away from fights.

3 Stripe Purple Belt in brazillian jiu-jitsu here.
Boxing and BJJ, or Muay Thai and BJJ.
Don't do fucking faggot Krav maga, it's a compromise of other systems.
Oh and make sure you are doing real boxing and not that faggot cardio boxing women do.

>Muay Thai
it's slightly better, but harder to learn

I'm not an expert, but it seems to be a poor blend of other styles, and is meant for military application but mcdojos teach a watered down version that isn't as applicable

But for real, ignore the troll posts about karate and other garbage like that, THIS is actual solid advice.

No focus on technique, no quality assurance, no pressure testing, focus on low percentage techniques that cannot be trained effectively.

Why does it matter that's it is a compromise of other systems?
Isn't that like picking out all the best stuff?

Mcmap is a literal joke until you have at least 1 red tab.

t. Brown belt with wrestling background

Whatever you decide to do, sit in on a class or two at your prospective school. If you get a weird vibe about the instructor(s) probably best to find a new place. Also pay attention to the more seasoned students to get a preview of what you'll learn if you stick around.

Anything that claims to be LETHAL MILITARY GRADE because it's FOR THE STREETS and it GOUGES OUT YOUR EYES is as a rule, fake and gay and weak as fuck in actual combat.

Krav maga is total shit

Assuming you're from the US.
It seems that we have vastly different training methods over here in immigrant-town.
All we did was techniques and pressure tests.

Except when you compromise you also water down the technique.
No Krav maga instructor is going to stiff leg kick/Elbow/Knee/Clinch like a Kru in Muay thai.
There's also the whole legit lineage which is traceable, nobody has legit credentials in krav maga.

Source?

Bas Ruten?

do nothing, shit fucks up your knees

youtube.com/watch?v=GeA__6aVkK0

Setting an agreed starting position with a partner and trying to apply at technique is a drill, not pressure testing.

pressure tests means sparring at 100% force, as in, actually fighting.

Most militaries around the world have total dogshit when it comes to unarmed combat.

Trust me, a amateur mma fighter could easily take out marines and soldiers in unarmed combat.

The USA was the first to realize that and now they teach BJJ and Muy thai to their infantry so they aren't completely helpless when someone grabs their gun in close quarters and they don't have friends to shoot their enemy.

Are you daft?
youtu.be/-0jnP7Su_2s

This nigga knows.
The Military does indeed outsource for legit Bjj,Muay Thai,Kali instructors.

Godammit bas......

This. I've git s mate who is a lieutenant in the Australian army with two tours of Afghanistan. He came to train with me and got his shit pushed in by a 43 year old, overweight accountant.

What is kali?

I'd like to know about a martial art named after the goddess of destruction

Get a gun

Legit Knife and Stick fighting.
"obviously beware shit ass instructors"
Here's the dog brothers, some guys are more trained than other.
youtube.com/watch?v=V9jS80DwUKA

Flip martial art. Basically the same shit as silat with more sticks.

How can I trust you when you contradict yourself?
"Trust me, a amateur mma fighter could easily take out marines and soldiers in unarmed combat. "

"The USA was the first to realize that and now they teach BJJ and Muy thai to their infantry.."

Why would they not instead just teach them MMA?

Indeed, drilling a technique is not preassure testing.
But when doing it with force and speed, is as good as it gets with any system, is it not?

See, class? This is an example of someone talking out their ass. Never be this guy. This guy is a cunt.

>Why would they not instead just teach them MMA?

BJJ and muy thai IS mma dumb ass

mma is a mix of all arts, traditionally fighters mix a grappling and striking art.

The best and most commonly used grappling arts are: BJJ, judo, greco roman wrestling

The most common striking arts are: muy thai, western boxing, kick boxing

basically if you are trained in muy thai BJJ and either judo or greco roman, you are a well rounded fighter.

What is a "good" monthly price for an MMA gym?

I saw in a previous MMA thread that an user was going to one for $150 a month. But everyone else in the thread ripped into him for that. And it seems like most MMA gyms in SoCal are around that price range so I don't know if I'm missing something.

Location is going to be a huge factor as well as how many classes they offer/ size and quality of gym/ types of disciplines offered.
If they gave you 2 a day BJJ/Muay thai and maybe some boxing and they have legit credentials 150 is within reason.

I'd argue that unless you have a weight/height advantage over your opponent and/or manage to knock him out in one hit, muay thai can actually be detrimental to you in a street fight because it teaches you to close the distance between your opponent and you which is never a good idea when you don't want to get hit. Using knees and elbows sure makes for some powerful hits but puts you so close from your opponent that if it's not lights out for him you'll end up on the ground with him and his buddies will kick you in the ribs and in the face. Distance is really important in a street fight because that's how you avoid a street fight.

I give, you seem to be correct about that fact.
I'm not trying to defend anything, I genuinely want to know if those 4 years were worth nothing or not.

Bruh, what is front kicks and stiff legs to the head? it's like saying Bjj teaches you to pull guard 24/7.

No because it's still compliant. You both know what's coming and where it's coming from.

If you can't do it on someone who is actively trying to hurt you then you can't do it. I know I can knock someone out with a brazilian kick because I've done to someone trying to knock me out. I know I can ogoshi someone trying to take me down because I've done it. I know I can armbar someone from guard while the try to choke me out because I've done it.

>I give, you seem to be correct about that fact.

Do I listen to the killer instinct and be little you or do I listen to jesus and offer sympathy?

You probably did waste your time but everyone gets suckered in by something some time, you can always start training in a legit art. dumbfuck

> it's like saying Bjj teaches you to pull guard 24/7.

im a blue belt and everyone on this site legit thinks they do teach pulling guard against multiple opponents

what does BJJ teach for multiple opponents? I never learned that?

I imagine it's all sweeps and mounts and ground and pound then stand up and move on to the next one

Never pulled guard in any of my fights, one fight I punched dudes face until the guy turned his back to me!!! I jumped on him, shoved him to the ground, grapevined his legs to throw elbows to the back of his head.

Right, because the willingness to use it, and the wisdom to when to apply deadly force, comes with the bullets!

How is a list of 16 styles supposed to tell us the "best"? Tell us the best, not the best 16. Fucking useless.

Running away

Just like any good teacher of any art will tell you.

The scary thing about guns is the potential legal consequences after word.

I've heard multiple stories of criminals who broke into peoples houses and got shot sueing the people and winning.

Get a gun and go shooting regulary.

Also watch anime to decrease your intelligence and brain capacities over time so you don't hesitate and overthink to use your gun in a dangerious situation.

3 stripe purple here , Honestly they don't, you need boxing to stay covered up and keep moving back while throwing punches. the good thing is you have a chance at getting back up if you know jiu-jitsu instead of getting pinned and stomped. Nothing is fool proof, instinct muh brother.

Wellthen.
If I can't train on anyone who isn't trying to hurt me, all training done in the training halls are useless.
That's your logic, not mine.

Excellent warriors are not violent.

The best warriors are exceptionally violent, they just don't get blinded by rage.

Oh boy, anecdotal evidence?

Yes, with a gun you're much more likely to shoot yourself or a family member than use it in self-defense, according to the data.