Supplements that aren't memes

Itt: post supplements you actually enjoy and are proven to not be bullshit

Ill start
>Zinc
It is said that a majority of North American men are deficient in it. Good benefits if so.

>Creatine
cheap - $5/month, very effective

>Multivitamin
Goes without saying

>Fishoil
I dunno, I don't feel it much but it's cheap and said to be effective

>BCAAs
Not sure if bullshit but they're inexpensive so I take them while doing Intermittent Fasting

>Some bullshit for joints, can't remb name
Seems to make a small improvement, good enough

Wbu Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

examine.com/supplements/creatine/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ZMA, D3, & L theanine & L Tyrosine

>zinc
shit
>creatine
debatable
>multivitamin
shit
>fishoil
shit
>bcaa
just cuck me now senpai
>joint stuff
only if you juice.

kill yourself you fucking retard and start eating food.

I eat food, what's wrong with them?

Literally all have scientific backing

Fish oil is proven though papers upon papers. If you don't supp it you don't science

>very effective

at making you bald and making you lose all additional gains as soon as you stop taking it

>Piracetam + Choline for brain gains
>Creatine
>7k IU D
>Fish oil
>multi
>glucosamine + msm for joints

he's trollan

You dont know shit faggot kys

>whey

>multi (for men who lift)

>fish oil

>(maybe) creatine

>(maybe) caffeine

everything else is either shit or illegal.

I take
>vitamin C
>vitamin D (night shift worker)
>multi
>fish oils
>ppmp

Not sure about the last one, anyone able to chime in on them?

>Bald

DHT only expeditates it if you're predisposed to balding, I am not.

>As soon as you stop taking it

Well yeah... your muscles are no longer saturated with creatine. But why would I stop taking it?

>if you're predisposed to balding, I am not.
you won't know until you go bald.

What in that list makes him bald lul?

No males in my family have had issues with balding.

Have any of you tried L-theanine? It's supposed to help with anxiety when paired with caffeine.

>Piracetam
Bad meme
>Choline
Same
>Vitamin D
Just get some sun neckbeard
>Multivitamin
No bioavailability; biggest meme of all
>MSM
Lolwhut
>glucoasamine
could be useful

Sorry mate, but you fell for all the memes

>good goy spend $5/month for the rest of your life for 15lbs better bench press

Yeah I can afford half an hour of minimum wage per month, it's not expensive.

It has good benefits, why the fuck would I not want to be stronger?

Alpha Lipoic Acid

Incredible anti-oxidant that also induces apoptosis.

Not only does it regenerate tissue damage due to oxidation, whatever is left over clogs up the GLUT4 receptors on adipose tissue - this leads to the fat cells starving to death, dying, and excreted.

I take 1.8 - 2.4 grams of the stuff a day, have been for months. The only negative side effect is it gives you asparagus piss.

>It doesnt matter what you do,you will never be as alpha as Baba Koksal.
>tfw

>Mutivitamin
>Not a meme

Pick 1

finally someone who knows what the fuck is up

Why even try?

I'm vegan and I supplement
B12
Omega 3 (flax seed)
Vitamin D

Apart from falling for the veganism meme, how meme are my supps? Should I be on anything else?

does someone have a case of the grumpys

IIRC flax seed is pretty meme tier - something about poor bio-availability. Lyle McDonald wrote a few articles on it - apparently the best omega 3 source for vegans is some kind of algae/seaweed extract. I think it's called Algal oil.

Thanks I'll check it out

ZMA yay or ney?
Also can I drink alcohol and take it on the same night?

Zinc is the most legit supp. Most people are deficient and ever since I started taking it three weeks ago, my cystic acne has cleared up and my libido fucking skyrocketed. Also you negroes should look into Phenibut powder. Taking that is literally like being drunk but without losing any motor control coordination. You just know you're going to have a great day when you take phenibut.

What am I looking for in a zinc supp? Curious to see if it'll help cure my shoulder acne

there's different forms of zinc with different levels of bioavailability. desu a 50mg zinc gluconate stand alone pill from your local drugstore is fine. Be sure to take it with food because it will make you nauseous if you have an empty stomach when you take it. You need to supplement extra copper in your diet when taking zinc, so be sure to do that, but I take a multi (which probably doesn't do anything) to cover any gaps in my diet.

why do all the men in the background look like him? do all turks come from such a limited genepool

So adding it to this
Anything I'm missing?

Wouldn't getting omega-3 from flax seed make it not a supplement? Anyway, it's only bio-available if it's ground so I put it in my smoothies. You can buy it ground but it has a lower shelf life.

British government recently banned Phenibut :'( I used to take it on and off for a few years.

>it's only bio-available if it's ground

Right, it's flaxseed oil that has low omega bio-availability. Those lingnans though.

>Phenibut
>smashed three grams and it didn't absolutely nothing
Send help.

Wasn't flax right up there with soy for phytoestrogen content? I would find another source of omega 3s and limit intake of soy products.

The problem is that plant sources of omega 3s are ala, the body must convert them to epa and dha. Omega 6s obstruct this process and most plant sources are very high in omega 6s. I think chia is one exception, you might look into it.

Am also vegan. If you don't eat meat you're also deficient in bioavailable iron, and naturally occurring beta Alaine and creatine.

Looking into L theanine, zinc, and taurine (apparently you're supposed to take taurine if you take beta Alaine)

he looks cute as fuck

This thread made me look up phenibut to see what it's all about. Sounds promising, but it's association with the whole PUA world makes me apprehensive. Anything those fucktards think is usually the opposite of true in the real world.

The association with PUA comes from GoodLookingLoser - the dude suggested it for people with approach anxiety. Ridiculous, right? The stuff was made for Russian cosmonauts going into and out of the atmosphere in rickety Soviet spacecraft. Millennials are using it so they can get over the jitters they get talking to girls.

Apparently $15 bucks for a ton it, is entirely legal, and you can pick it up at any supplement store. Those facts alone, for the benefits it's alleged to have, screams placebo effect.

THE ONE PILL DOCTORS DONT WANT YOU TO KNOW ABOUT: Take this magic pill to feel what you want to feel!

I'm hating tho, just sounds too good to be true. If it were as proven to be as powerful as pot, mild opiates, etc, I'd imagine the government/pharma would be all over regulating and profiting off that shit. Gotta get them taxes and mansions n shit.

But hey

It doesn't work, at least not the batch I got from liftmode.com. I took like 10 times the recommended dose and didn't feel a thing.

So are there any clear benefits of a multi vitamin or are they garbage?

>this post
Shit

Pls b bait

(((you)))

Your post is shit.

i take magnesium daily. most are deficient in it, and it really helps with my anxiety/adhd as well.

What do you guys think of B-Complex vitamins? Im pretty sure I have more energy now that I'm taking them but it could be placebo

>expeditates

expeditate
[ek-sped-i-teyt]
Spell Syllables
Word Origin
verb (used with object), expeditated, expeditating.
1. to cut off the pads or claws of (an animal, especially a dog) in order to inhibit deer chasing.

WAT

nah that sounds legit. they are meant to do that.

>trip fag gives trash advice
I AM SHOCKED

Pretty sure he meant expedite. I've made that mistake many, many times.

I had really bad achey knees until I took fish oil regularly.
It's not a meme.

>shit
>cuck
>juice
>kill yourself
>fucking retard

It's time to go back to the den you crawled out

you took it within an hour of eating which will negate the effects pretty much... orrr you're a non-responder? you probably have pretty low anxiety levels normally

powder city works fine, i take up to 1.5g and have a great night

>Phenibut
It takes ~2 hours to fully feel it. It's hard to explain the effects except that you're in a good mood and things "feel" nice (to the touch, things feel dry and nice)

Other weird supplements I've tried. No idea how they would help at the gym but I already typed this all out.

>Noopept
This stuff is great for focus and make you remember childhood memories you've long forgotten, but will make you irritable when it wears off.

>Adrafinil
Didn't do shit for me, but supposedly helps you stay awake

>Semax
I tried N-Acetyl Semax Amidate and it's really neat. Sort of like drinking coffee but it feels like the energy is from your brain not your gut.

>L-Theanine
This is the stuff that counteracts the jitters in green tea. Great for stress, you'll get things done and wonder why you were worried in the first place.

>Soy Lecithin/L-Arginine
You will cum 50% more but it will be more watery. Worth a shot bc it's cheap

>Creatine
Stopped taking it because of hair loss, but I started losing hair a while ago. This made it dramatically worse after a week so no more. Plus side was I felt like I could push myself harder at the gym.

>>Creatine
>shown to cause balding.

no thanks jeff

Fishgrease is a meme

Only if you are genetically predisposed to it.

So it doesn't CAUSE it, but rather speeds it up or worsens it. It's not like a normal person will just start losing hair.

any "normal" person could be susceptible. The risk is basically not determinable for a person who has not taken creatine.

I guess but if you haven't had problems with hairloss and your dad/grandfather is fine in terms of hairloss too then I don't think it's any concern.

It works. I use it all the time. Basically a staple now. 200mg of theanine with every caffeine pill I take.

Bump

The only 2 supplements worth taking, teen and test, pic very related

>Teen

>no pic

Autocorrect doesn't even lift

The only thing that has had a noticeable difference for me is glucosamine.

My joints feel so much better now I take it regularly.

cell tech

Nice breh

I want to hop on that shit soon, just worried about how low my bf should be and how strong first...

enjoy your gynecomastia

>What is AI
>What is anti-e
>What is paying $2000 for a surgery and never worrying about gyno again

Lmao dumb dyels

anyone ever use modafinil?

Yes, toptier

Yes, sometimes it works, sometime it makes you feel like you want to die. Sometimes it doesn't do much at all.

Also to all you fuckers:

>Falling for the supplajew

the guy who said 'glucoasamine could be useful' knows whats up?!

ahaha

no idiot. glucoasamine doesn't get absorbed effectively and its benefits a negligible. If someone belies it could be useful then the same arguments could be made for a bunch of other supplements like choline and multivitamins.

Dude is a shill.

Pre workouts with Dmaa

adrafinil is often miss interpreted, it prevents you from falling asleep, it doenst promote wakefulness.

take 2 pills at night and youll see what i mean. But also dont, cuz youll feel like shit.

pretty solid drug.

cheapish, proven, regularly prescribed, easily bought illegally, and it just fuckin works so good.

Glucosamine HCl doesn't work, the other forms do noob.

And it COULD be useful, depending on how you respond to it

You're objectively wrong.

Are you sure you aren't thinking of glutamine, which is pretty useless.

>fish oil
5 large pills daily, for well lubricated joints and healthy omega 3 fats

>5htp
essential building block for serotonin, makes me happier.

>vit D
I'm not outdoors enough to not supplement

>b12
seems like a good idea

>creatine
examine.com/supplements/creatine/
enough said

>modafinil
once or twice a week to help with work. avoid on workout days because my heart rate goes up a lot when I use it.

>nicotine
powerful nootropic.

My argument being if we are going to start chucking this "could be useful": around then other supplements will fall into this category. it didn't sit well with me that a guy would single out glucosmine as "could be useful", when there would be allllllllllllot of other supplements which could be useful in that respect. ie multivitamins. choline. piracetam. If he had a more consistent criticism of each supplement then id be inclined to keep my mouth shut

What I use

>Creatine monohydrate
It is making my hair noticeably thinner up front and recede slightly. I don't care at all. Buzzing it in about a year. I am noticeably stronger during my training sessions.

>L Citrulline
Increases arginine in the blood by ~220% which vastly increases nitrate in the blood. Nitrate expands blood vessels. Stronger, more vascular pumps and thicker erections.

Everything else sounds like a meme.

I take Maca instead of Zinc

Every now and then I like having something with caffeine before the gym

I have some ON preworkout that I got for free from some promotion, but I don't really care for creatine/other shit thrown in

I know coffee is the obvious choice, then capsules, etc.
Are there any other options you guys like?

>doing all of this shit because of body dysmorphia and insecurity
baka desu senpai

I take a 200g caffeine, 3g l-arginine, a B-Complex pill, and a scoop of BCAA powder before the gym. Fuck preworkout

>Not doing this shit because of body dysmorohia

Shiggy diggy diddly doo

>just get some sun
>implying the sun produces vitamins
>vitamins travel through millions of miles of space and our atmosphere just to settle on your skin and be absorbed

My only issue with capsules is I've seen a lot of them advertise "sustained release" which is probably just a result of the capsule needing to dissolve, whereas a predissolved powder could be more readily digested. This is all pretty much nullified and chalked up to marketing though if capsules dissolve really quickly.

Sometimes I lift later in the day and don't want to fuck up my sleep

Human skin synthesises vitamin D when exposed to UV-B radiation.

The only supplement that is proven to work.

ummm

No, you get vitamin D from your diet. It is an inactive form until exposed to UV light, then it can be absorbed by the body.

Look, of that list I pretty much tried them all.

1. Piracetam and choline are a redditmeme and just give a placebo effect.

If it would work it would be sold in pharmacies.

2. Supplementing vitamin D is only needed when you literally don't go outside, alias: you're a neckbeard.

3. Multivitamins are a scam and FOOD is the only right answer.

4. MSM is a solvent used in laboratories, GG

5. Glucoasmine is not magic at all, but if your carb sources are too basic, it MAY have a joint strenghtening effect.

>Creatine
No thanks, I like my natty card and I'm not handing it over.

True insulin is the only proven supplement for people with blood sugar control issues

Not quite. You can get it from your diet (which is tricky without supplements or fortified food, not a lot of stuff actually contains vitamin d) or from skin synthesis. In either case, its inactive until it undergoes hydroxylation in the liver and kidneys.