Attention former fatties!

How did you lose weight? I've tried counting calories I tried Keto. I tried fasting. I went from 223lbs to 196lbs. Current 210lbs
I'm just looking for some stories

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9mbp0DugfCA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>I tried counting calories and it didn't work
>I counted all 4,000 of them a day
>I didn't count the liquid ones because that's dumb
>I guess I just have fat genetics

Protip - counting calories doesn't work unless you count them all and limit them to an amount sufficiently low enough to lose weight for a long enough time.

/thread

This. Ive lost about 100 lbs so far. Just track all your calories. All of them. Every single calorie.

Just limit your calorie intake. I went from a solid 220-230 to 185 in like 3 months. Shit's not rocket science.

I was a obese when child and during part of Teenage years. Changed completely basically using two things 1. Low-carb, high fat diet.
2. Intermittent fasting

Later I added strenght training 5x5. That would be enough.

True story

Never liked counting calories. It's easy when you have skinny genetics, but is way too hard when you don't.

So is working out... if you can't keep track of your diet and tell yourself "No fatty! NO!" Might as well give up trying to tell yourself yes keep lifting fatty.

Is 1200 - 1300 too low? 5'7" 162lbs f

kill yourself

MWAH that'sa one spicy meme!

Depends on your TDEE

I lived with my father until I was 15 and he died and I moved in with my mother, she told me how much of a fat shit I was, signed me up for wrestling and the boy scouts and fed me properly and I was down to a healthy weight by 17.

I at 1500 or less calories of healthy food a day while working out 6 days a week.

Mon, Wed, Fri, strength training, upper body, lower body alternate.

Tue, Thu, Sat, cardio

Sunday rest.

No cheat days scept my birthday.

There ya go, weight loss, if ya so it doesnt work you a lying lazy sac of shit.

>I went from 223lbs to 196lbs
Sounds like you already know how to lose weight. Do that again. But for longer.

Too hard to count calories, or too hard to stop yourself from gorging? I have "skinny genetics" and I count every single calorie. I used to be one of those 6ft 135lb sticks of a human that "could like eat so much". Now I'm 40lbs heavier than I was two years ago, because I paid attention to what I ate and made myself hit my calorie goals.

There is no metabolism that is too slow to lose weight, there is only a lack of effort and follow-through.

I'm actually a skinny genetics man. But thats how I feel seeing friends and family members going through that nazi counting routine. I've done it myself more than once, but it is just a boring way to have good diet. Also, people who stop counting for a day or two normally freak out

Then estimate it, it is not hard.

Also once you are down to your goal weight and have lots of muscle you can eat more.

Stop being this way man, you want to really be a fucking skinny fat, or fat shit for the rest of your time on earth? Do you want to?

If not then fucking do right by yourself.

Paying attention to what you eat is different from counting every single peanut calorie and putting in your rich-lady-in-the-spa app.

Never was a junk food person, so it doesnt make much sense for me. I just mind the macros and try to put a high fat low carb. Recommend that for .anyone btw. Anyway, wanna count calories? Count it. I just don't feel good doing it. But i guess if you have an eating problem, it's better than nothing.

Spent my entire life adolescence overweight following my older brother's footsteps. He goes off to college when I'm 14 and I thin out a little bit but am still an unsocial pleb from being fat my whole life. He comes back from college a couple years later and my weight goes up to the highest it had ever been, 260 lbs of straight fat, there's no strength coming with this weight.

Mid way through my senior year of high school I decide to make a change. I sign up at the closest, cheapest gym to my house so I can walk there and begin cooking every meal for myself instead of following whatever bullshit my mom or brother make or bring home. A little over a year later I was down to 170 from 260.

Currently at 190 after years of bulking/cutting some more.

No gimmick workout plans or supplements, just changed my diet worked out for at least an hour a day. Shit works

-eat only when hungry
-move a little more, maybe go swimming once a week

That's all it literally takes. At the end of the day it's calories, no special tricks or shortcuts will do the bulk of the work for you if you don't eat less, save for maybe bypass surgery which will force you to eat less.

> (OP)
>-eat only when hungry

Bad advice for many people. Especially fatties who have never actually been hungry and confuse feeling sad/lonely/bored/thirsty/tired as being hungry.

BS. Don't you think fatty op havent tried that shit at least once? Any fatty do.
He has to turn his old habits into new ones. In a certain way, trick your brain. read articles about eating habits and you'll find this is not simply a question of will, but of routine and habit,

I went from 250 lbs to 160 lbs over 2 years, but I've regained all that lost weight back due to bad genetics.

>I've tried counting calories

Then no, you didn't, because that's literally the only way it CAN work.

You cannot create fat out of nothing. The only way is through excess food you didn't burn as energy.

You can't stay alive in a caloric deficit without an alternative source of energy. The only way is to burn body fat.

Google "Conservation of mass.". People who say they count calories and still fail are literally suggesting that their bodies violate this basic scientific premise.

That stupid fucking cunt. I hope she got shards in her femoral artery and both ovaries, ruining some kids slide like that. Seriously, is there some direct correlation between obesity and arrested emotional development? Fatties always act infantilised.

Ate between 1300 - 1800 calories a day. Only ate between 12pm - 8pm. Compound lifts with heavy weights. Running.

>thank you for calling Bad Genetics Pizza, can I take your order?

Based on calculators it's around 1700 - 1900

But I hear differing opinions, some say never eat that little because it's far off my bmr some say that's perfect

Sounds high unless you work out a shit ton.

Been fasting for the past 4-5 months, 20/4. Eating around 1500 a day. Most of my diet is protein, veg, fruit, lots of water.

On top of this, I do 5x5 with cardio on the days in between and rest on weekends. I was 127kg, at the highest, currently at 100kg. If you don't count calories and work your arse off in the gym, you're going to get fucking nowhere. Count everything to the smallest gram and you'll drop weight.

What's your height?

5'9"

Just followed the chain. 1300 sounds like a reasonable low end target.

>It's easy when you have skinny genetics,

Pls be b8.

Thanks mate

>it is just a boring way to have good diet

Fucking Americans. Food has to be "fun". It's a nation of 12 year olds.

Counting and eating under 1500 for a couple months now, doing cardio and lifting.

I was 130 kg (287lbs) now I'm 98 (216) and counting. I'm 6'2.

I can almost see my abs...

We'll gonna make it, bro

I'll post a picture if this thread is alive in 20 minutes

Summer before Freshman year of highschool;

6'0 240lbs. Fasted during football practice, 8 hours of workout a day all summer. Dropped to 175 by end of football season. No gains kept. Couldn't play on offensive line anymore.

Op here
So the whole " Gary taubes calories don't matter" argument is straight bullshit?
I read the book "why we get fat"
Low carb only works in a calorie deficit?
Also thanks everyone for posting. Here is a little thank you

Not American also faggot. Just feel like a retard doing that

Same height here but i'm at 86kg (fuck lbs). Cant see abs at all. But maybe just restarted working out so

All "diets" only work if they produce a sustained calorie deficit. The specifics are just there to make sure you adhere to eating less than your body burns. Google the nutrition prof who went on a McDonald's diet and lost 20lbs.

I don't know, man, but there's definetely something on my upper abs. i know I have a long way to go yet, but feels good to see some advances.

>6' 249 lb male
>been lifting 6 years
>started counting calories just recently
>maintenance is 3000 cal
>gonna cut at 2500

Does this seem right? I've seen threads here where people who weigh 190 say their maintenance is in the 3000s.

The only thing low carb actually does for you is help manage cravings. It does not violate CICO.

We'll do this height-bro. You'll get there. My BF is high, because just started going to gym again, I probably should be seeing my abs at this weight.

counting calories is for women and faggots, just eat healthy food only when you're hungry (actual stomach pangs) and you'll be fine

I do this now, it's hard as fuck for me to not be wayyyy under my caloric limit, even for a cut. Goal is 1500, I barely reach 1200 some days.

>tried
>tried
>tried
>tried

>cut at 2500
please play it safe and cut at 2000

5'7" girl here too, 1200 to 1300 sounds about right. That's what I do.

Shit taste

I've gone from 270 lb to 215 since late February by doing a protein sparing modified fast and I'm still not done yet
>how do you do it

Eat 700 calories a day 5 days a week on tuesdays and fridays eat 2100 and repeate the cycle

>but hoooooooooooow
Keep telling yourself that whatever you want most in life will never, ever, ever, happen unless you do it
Always ask yourself when tempted with food on a fast day "do I want that X or do I want my dream"

For me its finally stopping being a virgin

This is goos advice, doing this now and it is working. Listen to this OP

Bout 1.5 years to lose 80 lbs.

I'm doing the same thing but I'm only doing cardio and I lost 12 pounds in about 4 weeks.

Will doing strength training accelerate my weight loss?

Oh shit, it's bait

I'm gonna try that pic related recipe looks delicious.

Read The Hacker's Diet. It's just about calorie counting, but really goes into the why of overeating and the how to determine your true weight and TDEE.
Although calorie counting is obvious, this really puts perspective on measuring and management of weight. Plus it's where the sticky and reddit's faq and so on all get their info from.

>Eat 700 calories a day

so like, what DO you eat?

>tried fasting.

Fucking liar. Put down the fork you disgusting sack of lard.

>hight test
fixed

You looked hotter with a little body hair

Good fuckin job famm

PSMF here too, but only 12 day cycle
1100-1200 kcals everyday, two days left

Realize you hate yourself
>Realize being fat has taken away parts of your life that you'll never get back, the parts of your life that were drowned in depression and self loathing, the parts that you ate away every feeling you had with food that will only serve to satisfy an insatiable imaginary hunger that will stay with you until you stop yourself
>use the hatred as fuel to power your cardio workouts on less than 900 calories a day because you're impatient and want the fat gone NOW rather than later
>After you've hit that point where you're skinny, slowly build up muscle with a controlled diet

Worked for me, even if it was stupid

literally just track calories and try to exercise atleast 100 calories off 5 days a week

>I've tried counting calories
clearly you did not

no. your weight loss will be the same assuming your lifting sesh burns the same amount of calories as your cardio. however, it will ensure that you aren't a flabby piece of shit or a twig because you will actually have muscles.

Height? You looked bretty gud at just 204.

Count all your calories and set for a 1 lbs a week cut. Losing a lot of weight takes a long time and if you do something unsustainable then you'll just gain it back.

Also dont cheese logging cardio with housework and shit. If you go over you with it off on the bike or treadmill.

Fucking this, it's all in the mind.

youtube.com/watch?v=9mbp0DugfCA

>you will actually have muscles.
>on 1k cal deficit

It was my fucking life right until the she mets the girl. I even started using tinder two days ago..

Swimming makes you lose weight insanely fast. Doing an initial "bulk" when your overweight helps immensely. I'm at 215, was 245... It really comes down to calories and some form of activity everyday. The supplements really work IF your losing weight already. I'm doing a cycle of DNP and a huge cut down to 180. Probably hangout there for a sec and cut down to 170 after a few weeks.

Yes, weight lifting is insanely good for hormones and the other mechanics of weight loss beside "calories in vs. calories out".

I never hated myself, the reason I started working out was because this year, I couldnt ride roller coasters

I went with my friends to a theme park and I got on the first ride and I couldnt connect the seatbelt for the ride two times in a row and it was embarrassing

so for the entire day I didnt ride on anything which had a chain reaction effect on everyone and kinda ruined the day

from then I worked out and I lost 12 pounds in about 4 weeks

/blog

One user took it as "weight lifting instead of cardio" and the other as "weight lifting IN ADITTION to cardio".

Do it.

First time I did a 1lb per week caloric deficit, and then I switched to a barebones diet of beans and vegetables. Got all the way down from 200 lbs to 145 lbs.

Afterwards, my weight shot back up to 165, so at the beginning of this month, I started fasting 5 days a week. So far I'm down 15 lbs, 2 waist inches and 3 belt holes. Unfortunately, I've been stuck at a plateau for the last week. I can't break a 36 inch waist.

How do I get myself to care about losing weight?

My life isn't really going anywhere whether I'm fat or not, I don't care about having a gf or not so that's not motivation.

Started running and stopped drinking soda and eating pizza, it's that easy

OP, switch to a diet high in greens and vegetables, with a little meat, healthy fat, dairy, fruit, and low/no carbs. The carbs and processed sugars make you feel hungry all the time. A diet high in greens and healthy fats will make you feel full, for longer, with less food. Easy way to cut. Stop eating junk all the time.

>and low/no carbs
Not OP but I tried this and it's near impossible to do.
I was at:
>1611cals 20g carbs 101g protein and 125g fat
Even when eating healthy it's nearly impossible to get two or even three meals out of this

I'm still fat, but I went from 340 to 250 by cutting sodas, switching to healthy foods (what I ate before was easily 3000+, but now I don't go to bed hungry on 1400), doing what I consider lots of cardio, and some light lifting.

17 of those 90 pounds were lost in the last 33 days, as I'm now in good enough shape to jog/run five miles on MWF and three on THSa. There's also a decent amount of squat thrusts, crunches and playing football with friends in there. I don't lift much, I just do a bit (read: very little) on the chest press, lat pull downs, a row machine and overhead press on MWF and light weight squats, leg press and leg extension on THSa.

My first goal is getting down to 200, so I can start to assess the person under the fat and then decide what route I want to take with my fitness.

Depression so crippling it kills any desire to eat and being so poor you can barely afford any food at all. That and being hungry is one of the few things I still found enjoyable when I was extremely sad

Count grams of protein, not calories. Think of it as a goal, not a maximum. Shoot for 200g of protein and reduce BOTH carbs and fats as much as you can without going into ketosis.

Shred fat like a body builder, they've had it mastered for 100 years.

>low carbs
>impossible to do

Not gonna make it

>20g carbs
There is about 5g of carbs in a single bowl of spinach..

EATL
A==E
T==S
LESS

is 1500-2000 calories enough a day for a 225lbs guy good enough to lose weight, ive been doing it for the past 4 months, lost 30 pounds, but for the past 3 weeks ive been at 225 and not dropping or gaining, just this week pushed my cardio up to 20 minutes 3x a week, is that good enough? plus just a regular weight lifting routine too.

Just take bf% measurements instead and focus on lowering sugar intake. That's not a lot of cardio though, would recommend doing 20mins every day if you've done it for at least a month

>2tbs butter
>1.5 oz pistachio
>12oz boneless skinless chicken breasts
>1/2 avocado
>1tbp oil oil
>1 cup spinach
>5 eggs

Over 1500 Cal's
117 protein
30 carbs
114 fat

Easily three meals plus snacks, plan thrown together in less than 5 min, 10-15 min max to cook everything from scratch.

Yeah, real fucking impossible faggot.

>30 carbs
you went over my 20 carb limit, bud.

I was at 190 and i ate that 2000 cal. too gain weight..