/routine general/

Previous thread >raw power edition

Check out our new sticky!
>fitsticky.com/

>Novice Programs & Routine tips (Rep Ranges, Volume, Frequency, etc)
fitsticky.com/novice-programs/

>Intermediate Programs
fitsticky.com/intermediate-programs/

>How to perform the Main Lifts
fitsticky.com/how-to/

I'll be helping everyone as much as possible

Other urls found in this thread:

fitsticky.squarespace.com/novice-programs/
m.imgur.com/v4sHXpm
sketchtoy.com/67173910
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Teach me senpai
ABxABxx

Exercises before the "/" all on one day, after "/" is the next A or B in the week.

-A(Pull&Legs):
Deadlift 1x5/Squat 5x5
Weighted chin-up/Chest-supported row 5x5
Leg press/Leg curls 3x8-12
Dumbbell rows/Weighted chin-ups 3x8-12
Face-pulls 3x12-18
Hammer curls/Dumbbell supinated curls 3x8-12

-B(Push,Calves,&Abs):
Bench press/The press 5x5
Standing calf raises/Seated calf raises 3x12-20
Dumbbell OHP/Dumbbell bench press 3x8-12
Hanging leg raises 3xf/Cable crunches 3x8-12
Lateral raises 3x12-20
Tricep pushdowns/Overhead tricep extensions 3x8-12

I run a modified SL5x5. Same lifts, except it's 3x5, then if I hit those lifts, then the fourth set is 2.5kg more for AMRAP, then the fifth set is 65% x12. Am I retarded or will this lead to strength gains?

My current routine:
PUSH:
4x10 Dumbbell Press
4x10 Incline Dumbbell Press
4x10 Close Grip
Dumbbell Press
4x10 Two-Handed Dumbbell Tricep Extensions

PULL:
4x10 Incline Dumbbell Rows
4x10 Dumbbell Rows
4x10 Dumbbell Bicep Curls

LEGS:
4x10 Dumbbell Goblet Squat

After every workout I do 30 mins of HIIT Jump Rope

PULLxPUSHxLEGSxPULLxPUSHxLEGSx

In 5 days it will be one month since I started it, but since it's summer and as a basement dweller I don't do anything else I'm thinking of changing it up a bit. I've thought of 2 ways. First is to do PPLxPPLx. Second way is to transfer the squats in either PULL or PUSH day and go AxBxAxBx, but since my workout is already hella tiring I'm not sure if I can make it. Also I'm not really a fan of PPLxPPLx.

I'm also thinking about adding Shoulder Press on my leg day, but if I go with plan two should I maybe add the shoulder press to my PUSH day and the squats to my PULL day? Or should I just continue with PxPxLx?

Posting routine again with an actual question this time:
There is no where for me to effectively do chin-ups in my gym. All pull-up bars have separated grips that are very wide and it gets real busy so I don't want to take up a squat rack doing chins. Are underhand barbell rows a fine alternative (for a deadlift accessory that stimulates bicep growth)?

So in the last thread I was asking, what is in the SS book, that isn't in the numerous videos and the wiki? I stopped reading the book because on the first few pages of the squat, Rip was repeating himself about hurr durrr squat's so great, posterior chain is so importunt, every one but me is stupid. I don't have time for this shit.

Hi Trappy, I'm coming out of SS and would like to know if it's possible to follow a powerlifting program and bodybuild at the same time, in order to gain a mix of size and strength.

I was thinking along the lines of an Upper Lower 4 day split in which I start with my 5x5s, then do volume training.

Thoughts? Should I just pick one?

The point I think most refer to is it tells you how to program in accessory work such as chin ups and dips which balance out your physique and stop the t-rex from taking over.
People who run the basic beginner's template until they stop progressing (most eejits):
1. look like shit
2. stop progressing far earlier

I made this plan in order to bring up my lagging muscles. Could you give me your opinion on whether I have missed a muscle group, if I'm doing something wrong, and what you think about it.

Day 1: Legs, Abs
Day 2: Shoulder, Traps
Day 3: Back, Bicep, Forearm
Day 4: Chest. Triceps
Day 5: Legs and Abs
Day 6: Shoulder, Traps, Forearm
Day 7 : Rest day

just do SS and stop making stupid modifications. what you're doing only works because you're currently lifting babby weights. I know it seems logical that more work = more gains.

Trappy, please come to Rio and squat with me
Been stuck at 3.5 plates for 4 reps for two months now
Should I aim for less reps? (Doing candito's 6 weeks program)
Also trying to cut...

Anyone can help me divide these exercises into two workouts?

Main: Squat, Dead-lift, Overhead, Bench, Chin-up, Row, Dips, possibly one more that could round it out.
Accessory: Lateral raise or Dumbbell upright row, Calf Raise.

When you say to do SS, do you mean SS 3x5 with power cleans? Because fuck learning power cleans brah

What I would do:

A:
>Squat
>Bench
>Overhead
>Dips
>Lateral Raise

B:
>Diddles
>Chin up
>Row
>Upright row
>Calf Raise

Or:

A:
>Bench
>Overhead
>Dips
>Chin Up
>Row

B:
>Squat
>Deadlift
>Calf Raise
>Upright Row
>Lateral Raise

Do pendlay rows instead then

Fuck rows, do deadlifts or rdls

A
>Bench
>Squat
>Row
>Calf Raise
>Lateral Raise

B
>OHP
>Squat
>Deadlift
>Dips
>Chins

A
4x10 DB Press
4x10 Incline DB Press
4x10 Close Grip DB Press
4x10 DB Tricep Extensions

B
4x10 Incline DB Rows
4x10 Flat DB Rows
4x10 DB Goblet Squat
4x10 DB Bicep Curls

AxBxAxBx
or
AxBxAxx
BxAxBxx

not sure yet.

More frequent workouts is not something I do since do HIIT cardio for fat loss after every workout. I can't do Chinups yet since I'm weak and I find negatives stupid, I feel like they give me no gains. I also didn't add Shoulder Press since I don't think it's necessary, as I have already have 3 DB Press exercises that work shoulders as a secondary muscle. Up until now my workout had a different day with only squats, but I thought that just adding it to one of my other days would save me a lot of time to make more gains. Should I change the numbers of sets and/or reps? Should I change the sequence maybe?

Does your gym not have a lat pulldown?

I've asked this in multiple threads but I want more opinions

Pretty much I've injured my back and whatever muscle covers the lower ribs due to messing up my deadlift execution (I pulled it up, rather than pushed and hip pushed it up).

I did this yesterday, and it's still uncomfortable. Would it be wise to skip tommorows workout (on SS), or should I confuse the muscles by risking injury?

If I do skip, should I progress as normal on saturday?

>Follow a PPL made by trappy
>too much volume, make no progress or gains
>switch a kinobody meme routine, because i thought i was cutting too hard for routines to matter
>hit 3 PRs the first week
..whut in tarnation?
Why am i getting amazing results from a fake natty who doesnt know programming?

Is RPT the secret?

Is this a joke? First off your program is absolute shit, but if you're a beginner you should be doing something like SS or Reg Park's beginner routine.

fitsticky.squarespace.com/novice-programs/

>too much volume
>cutting too hard

You answered it yourself.

Lift babyweight to train form.

Dont train strength. Train flawless execution of form. This requires resistance, just not an overwhelming amount.

Say you hit 2pl8 for 5
Maybe do 1.5pl8 for 8

Since the intensity is lower, and you arent going anywhere near failure (or shouldnt be) you can do more sets, which will help embedd the movement pattern.

Trappy has several times advised against PPL unless you're on roids.

No shit, but i asked for a cutting routine, jackass.

which one are you doing? the cutting routines trappy suggests are very light on volume.

Uh.. Look at her fucking link, bro
Under intermediate programs.

We arent all summerfags who need to be on that there starting strength

They are all too high on volume, man. Thats my point.

Of course they seem like they would work, that is why i did it in the first place..

PPLPPLx maybe, but PPLxULx or PPLxFxx is okay.

The gains you made were likely from the PPL, it just took a while to recover from the fatigue. So when you switched to a lighter program your body dissipated the fatigue and got the strength gains from the previous high volume program.

It's the same logic with periodized programming, switching between volume blocks to peaking blocks which are light. So when you start the light block, your body starts to dissipate the fatigue and you see the strength from the volume block.

Dear god, look at that fucking awful form. No wonder his face is getting all purple.

this one isn't high volume at all.

Find the six day PPL routine. Oh wait, you can't.
Learn to read, you dyslectic faggot

This is pretty much what happens to me when I do sheiko. I'm much stronger at the end of the peaking cycle than in the middle of the prep cycles.
A few weeks of light work after heavy volume makes a big difference.

>3x5 and 5x5
Yes. It. Is.

this shit is almost exactly what mine looked like and it fucked me.
But then i do 1 set of 4-6 ohp, 1 set of 8-10 and 1 set 4-6, 1 set 6-8 and 1 set 8-10 bench, and i progress like mad, while running an 850kcal deficit
I never said 6 day, because i never was on 6 day. It was 4x week. Fagtard.
Tm style ppl split

Just starting, I've been doing this for 3 weeks, is it okay?

Making good progression with the weights and seeing some gains but I don't know if I'm missing something. It's not very thought out but I figured it's best to start somewhere and then refine it. Also homegym so no machines.

Squats 3 x 10
Bench Presses 3 x 8
Bent-Over Rows 3 x 10
Overhead Presses 3 x 8
Barbell Curls 3 x 8
Concentration curls 3 x 8 or heavier w/ 2 x 10

3 times a week, and on the 3 different days I add either:
Monday) chin ups 3xF
Wednesday) Deadlifts 3x10 or heavier w/ 2 x 5
Friday) Calf Raises 3 x 10

That's the only day with moderate volume. Not even high, it's just 8 sets of compounds and a couple of isolations. Only 3 heavy sets.

On lowerbody days you're doing six sets total. Only 1-3 are heavy.

But in any case, the gains you saw on the first week were from the TM program you were doing. You were just fatigued before, so the light week allowed you to recover and the gains from the TM program showed up.

>4day split
So, an Upper/Lower split or an Push/Pull+Legs split?
There's a big difference between U/L, PP and PPL.

if you're doing this AxBxAxx then its bad because the frequency of pressing exercises and back exercises is low.

if you're doing this ABxABxx then its bad because the deadlift is gonna be compromised by the squat from the session before.

the latter option is ok if you do ABxABxx, except
>upright row

Say and believe whatever you want man.

I think i am trusting the fake natty over the brazilian tranny, just based on my results.

RPT allows for much less volume, while still providing a sufficient amount of stimulus for strength progressiom

It was customized, so PPL, just not on a weekly schedule, but still only training 4x per week

The results from one week of training with the lower volume program are not from that lower volume program. They are from the high volume you were doing before.

This is literally how periodized programs work.
You do high volume to build up stimulus and fatigue. Then you do a cycle of light volume so you dissipate the fatigue and see the results from the high volume training.

Basic programming 101

If you wanna see the best results, alternate between the high volume program and the lower volume program. Do 3 or so weeks of each and you'll see great results.

Fitsticky nutrition page when

Thanks but I'm not here for advice I'm just shilling kinobody.

Could someone give me a form check?

heels are actually not leaving the ground, by the way, i think it's just me leaning more on the inside of the shoe.

doesn't look bad, but I think you should sit back more and shove your knees out, especially at the bottom

>checked

Trappy are you in love with Isley?

das it mane

Haven't you seen their rule 34 yet?

No, but now I want to

8 weeks of

Behind the neck press 3x12
Squats 1x20
Pullovers1x20
Bench 3x12
Rows 3x12
Stiff leg deadlift 1x15

Going to start with an introductory period of 2 days a week for 2 weeks then do 6 weeks with 3 days a week

Is it realistic to hit my 5 rep max for 10-15 reps by the end of this? has anyone done this routine or anther 20 rep squat routine? If so any tips?

Seconded. Leaning too far forward. Don't be afraid to get a little more "seated" at the bottom of the rep; as if hovering just above a very low stool.

m.imgur.com/v4sHXpm

is it okay to shit weight from mid-foot a bit more into the heels when doing this? i feel like i'm going to fall on my ass if i don't.

Trappy I've been cutting on C6W, lost what I would consider an unacceptable amount of strength despite solid dieting, and have come to the realization I will never be aesthetic due to mucked insertions. How to enter Justin Lascek husbando mode(planning on being a tad leaner though)

Would doing a 5x5 routine like SL be more effective compared to Greyskull when it comes to losing weight, or do they basically have the same effect?

Also cardio after lifting or during rest days? Does it help with weight loss at all?

I have, but I need to know the feelings behind it.

Don't fo SL. Period. If your set on doing one of those do GSLP. Cardio after lifting or on off days is ok and of course it'll help with weightloss provided youre not wating more to compensate for it. Go harder on off days and be sure your diet is in order.

Will do GSLP then with cardio on off days then. Thanks friend.

Do cardio on off days, it leads to better fat loss and strength gains. And it helps with fat loss, but don't think that because you spent 30 minutes on the treadmill you can stuff your face with burgers and fries.

sketchtoy.com/67173910

do you have that routine for females? gf wants to get dat booty poppin

yeah definitely, see what works as you increase weight

If she wants to get her booty poopin she needs to eat more fiber and drink more water. Maybe fix her posture.

fucking kek

Doing SL5x5 for about 2 months. Been wanting to add OHP for both days due to issues doing OHP the first month and add power cleans for fun and for cardio at the end pushing a heavy ass sled. Is this going to ruin my gains due to too high volume?

yes

But why?

I've lifted for several years, but due to a shoulder injury and shit I haven't been in a gym in close to a year. I still have a good foundation, but I'm sure I lost a lot of form, and I want to take it easy on my shoulder. Thinking of starting back up with a modified SL with accessories tossed in...

A: Squat, rows, bench, curls, calves
B: Squat, incline, deads, pullups, dips

AxBxAxx
BxAxBxx

Verdict?

might just be the angle but KNEES OUT

Just started madcow
What assistance lift should I add if I want a little extra work on my arms?
I was feeling like doing bicep curls + Tricep extension on Monday and dips + Chin ups on Friday
Would it be fine? Is there a better way? Should I respect the original "only abs" as assistance?
Thanks

madcow is a memer
those accessories are fine

Can sum one give me swim routine to get ready for Coast Gaurd. I can do everything else I just haven't started swimming

Start swimming

Is this a good novice routine to follow? Also how long should i stick at this?

Will doing a strength training routine such as SS whilst eating at maintenance calories slowly cut down my fat proportions overtime, or do i need to eat at a deficit to loose fat? Not concerned with time it takes

Yes, it's called body recomp.

Thinking about doing Canditos SH/UL, but can't figure out optional exercises or whether to even do them- seems like decent volume (except shoulders) even without them, any help? Could I do abs in lower optional slots?

A - Heavy Lower
>3X5 Squat
>2X5 Deadlift
>3X8-12 Opt 1
>3X8-12 Opt 2

B - Heavy Upper
>3X5 Bench Press
>3X5 Row
>1X6 Overhead Press
>1X6 Weighted Chin-up
>3X8-12 Opt 3
>3X8-12 Opt 4

C - Volume Lower
>3X10 Squat
>3X8 RDL
>3X12 Hamstring Curl
>5X15 Calf Raise
>4X8-12 Opt 5
>4X8-12 Opt 6

D - Volume Upper
>4X8 Dumbbell Bench Press
>4X8 Incline Bench Press
>4X8 Row
>4X8 Weighted Chin-up
>3X10 Overhead Press
>3X10 Barbell Curl
>4X8-12 Opt 7
>4X8-12 Opt 8

ABxCDxx

The point of accessories is not really to plan them (you could obviously) but to do them whether or not you have the energy and/or want to improve something specific.

They can be used for aesthetics or to fix weak spots to increase your main lifts. It's up to you.

are there any similar 4 day routines to 5/3/1 (separate bench/ohp/squat/dead days) that don't work with percentages on main lifts, or is this not really effective as opposed to a 4 day U/L routine?

What's the issue with using percentages?

>What's the issue with using percentages?

they dont work if you're natty and been lifting longer than 6 months

I don't have an issue with it, just wondering if doing 3x5 (maybe less on deads) on main lifts would still give me decent progression as opposed to % based.

If you're still able to progress session to session or week to week, there's really no need to bother with percentages (except maybe to give you an idea of what weight to start at).

They just start to get useful as a guide when you're at the point of requiring longer training cycles.

Doing this for the past two months, thoughts? Its's 3x8 not 2x8 btw too lazy to edit it

Training Texas Method.

Going to be out of town Thursday-Sunday, with no access to a gym.

This means I'm going to miss intensity day.

Should I just start back with volume day on Monday? Or should I start with intensity, setting my whole lifting cycle off.

If I did that my cycle would be shifted to Monday intensity, Wednesday volume, Friday, recovery, which doesn't seem to make much sense.

So I was failing my (what should have been) easy warmup sets and just generally felt like shit and tired and in pain etc. so I decided to go home.

I ate a bit, took some ibuprofen and some fish oil.

Now my question is; should I sleep for a while, then attempt today's workout again later today or just take the time off then go again tomorrow?

On a upper/lower PL split, today is lower body volume

with begginer routines you generally follow them until the squat and deadlift have stalled 3 times

why does isley turn into a frog when he's straining?

pls respond

Trappy, what routine and amount of lifting would you recommend for a guy considering doing something about gender dysphoria? For reference I'm around 5'6, weigh about 125lbs and am between skinny and ottermode.

50 mg Psylocibin

tfw you vote leave then head to the gym and rack pull 190x5

feelsgoodman

>a guy considering doing something about gender dysphoria

what did u mean by this.

Basically I'm a transgirl who hasn't done anything about my feelings of gender yet.

I see, and what kind of physique are you aiming for? A skinny female or a hightest girl?

WHAT THE FUCK GUYS

STOP REPLYING SO MUCH TO THE MENTALLY ILL RETARD AND TELL ME WHAT I SHOULD DO YOU FUCKS I HAVE TO DECIDE WHETHER TO GO TO SLEEP OR NOT SOON

Just take the day off, what are you retarded? It was a bum workout, it happens just rest up and get ready for the next one.