What should be the focus? Perfect execution of movement or weight load?

What should be the focus? Perfect execution of movement or weight load?

Somewhere in the middle.

i'd say there's a certain amount of slack regarding form, but that there's a point where form is too bad. push weight as long as you can remain in the bounds of what is considered "good form", but perfect form isn't necessary imo

it's not either/or. at some point you need to push near-limit weights and you can't expect perfect execution when you do. if shit form is the norm in your workouts you have a problem, but if you insist on perfect form at all times you're not lifting heavy enough. beginners should never push near-limit weights, though, so this doesn't apply to them

This is a false choice. Do both.

perfect execution, you can move all the weight in the world but unless you contract the muscle correctly it's not gonna do shit

I'd say somewhere in the middle but a slight emphasis on form.

If aint ATG... its not a squat... you could work on mobility to get to ATG... IBF my ankles... IBF I oly squat so ATG doesnt matter... eat a dick.

Retarded.

Short answer:
Heaviest weight load possible with perfect form
Long answer:
Decide your goals yourself faggot

Neither of those is a requirement to damage muscle fibers, which is the point of lifting weights

Form first, then weight.

The weight is just a proxy for your ability to produce tension with a particular muscle. If you're using a weight that the muscle can't bear on its own you're gonna recruit muscles you don't intend to and not get the most out of it.

This is why you see so many people in the gym throwing weight around and never making gains.

If you can't lift a weight properly, you shouldn't be lifting it.

I mean ideally you want perfect form but it's normal for the form to slip a little if you're pushing a new PR or whatever.

HURR DURR I DUN AGWEE SO U WETAWDED

enjoy your fucked up joints you autistic DYEL faggot

This is me by the way
*Dissapears into the shades*

When doing bicep curls, for example, I try to use perfect form (full ROM, no back/swinging), then when I can no longer use perfect form, I switch to using my back and do some "cheat" reps.
I'd say there's a middle ground.

/tret

nice counter argument you shitposting autist, and nice tumblr filename, go back to HAES posting you fat """""powerlifter""""""

I can almost guarantee I'm stronger than you. Ultra perfect form with a broomstick is a meme that weak autists believe in. Moving maximal weight with form that's good enough to prevent injury is what is useful.

>nice tumblr filename
The joke went over your head just like your gains

What.

/thread, for the summer tourists

form during training
weight moved during competition

Pretty much this.

Welcome back to Veeky Forums, Supermang. We missed you.

I've been posting since Habbo Hotel raids were relevant, and I've never seen "/tret" before, fampai.