PAIN

Veeky Forums it seems like everytime i squat i feel pain in my butt. the best i can describe it is on the side and back of the butt and when i go ass2grass i feel it inside the "butt socket" where i think the fucking femur meets

I drawn the area the best i could

I do the Limber 11 strecth before i workout and for the past week it seems like the area is quite tender when i roll on it

Im just doing a poverty 200 lb 5x5 squats @ 5110" 158 lbs.

How do i treat this.

Other urls found in this thread:

aidyourtendon.com/_img/external-snapping-hip-syndrome.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

5'10"

bamp

cmon not one you experienced this before?

Brehhhhs can you even satisfy that without an 8x6

this picture atully highlights the area:
aidyourtendon.com/_img/external-snapping-hip-syndrome.jpg

May be your SI joint.

I feel something similar when I squat, and I can replicate it by doing the "fire hydrant" mobility exercise --- when you're on all 4s and rotate one leg like a dog peeing on a fire hydrant.

It feels like there's a burr or something at the top of my femur, and it grinds in the socket of my pelvis.

I feel it when squatting, and when doing weighted stepups as well. I don't really feel it doing lunges.

With squats, it's only when I get about to parallel.

When I do an unweighted third-world squat, my right side visibly doesn't go down as far, and you can see I'm a bit crooked.

I try working mobility via the fire hydrant move, and also this move where you get kind of in a hurdler's stretch position and work out your hip flexor with a PVC pipe leveraged across it ... but I don't know if this does any good because the pain of the "burr" feels skeletal not muscle.

I get the same. Either my IT band or a tight groin muscle/hip flexor. Fun fact strong and flexible hip flexor has the highest correlation with elite athletes? Depressing fact it is a small and difficult muscle to improve.

did ya fix it yet?

i actually feel it at times when i am trying to remove my pants by stading on one leg and pulling it from the other feet

Eh. More of a maintenance thing. I do hip abductions and inductions at like 50# for a stretch beforehand plus hamstring and quad stratches. Just try to stay limber and I don't go for broke on bad days. Try front squats if you're good at them they open the hips

tight tensor fascia lata - look for stretches for that

increase your inner and outer hip flexibility

i bet you walk like a duck to with your feet pointed outwards.

better hip flexibility will fix both issues.

any other fitizens with this type of pain?

pls be in london

lol i walk exactly like that

sitting in the car for >15mins also gets prrety uncomfortable

What lifts make hip flexors stronger besides squats and deadlifts? Also any stretches?

Stretch your hips daily

also my 5 rep max is 200 lbs squat and 260 lbs diddy

Doing the for hydrant is excersizing and tightning the muscle that is likely inflamed. Try doing piriformis stretches.

is that the one where your leg is in the figure 4 shape while lying on your back?

Stop squatting onto a dick.

Does it hurt if you lie on your side? Google "trochanteric bursitis".

no i only feel it when i squat heavier than bodyweight.
i usually sleep on my side cause i snore like a dying pig

Stop telling me what to do

Look up sciatic stretches and strengthen that side with like side step ups or lateral lunges. Looks like weak gluteus medius m8. I just had this problem

I had that op. Are you doing a proper mobility warm up? And I mean not just squatting warm up weights. I mean something that help you to enhance your motion range. When I started to a mobility warm up that pain disappeared. Try it. Also It may be a contracture. Foamroll it.

Yeah But there are better versions. I use a table. Many people aren't flexible enough to do the figure 4 properly.

>I do the Limber 11 strecth before i workout and for the past week it seems like the area is quite tender when i roll on it

Lmaoing at your drawing

Pretty sure you've got hip impingement, bruh. I have the same symptoms and that's what I've found to explain it best.

Seems like could be hip bursitis. look it up. Usually not too seriously. Likely just need to stretch more, improve form.

take a week off from squatting and take 800 mg ibuprofen (or nsaid) 3 times a day for 4-5 days.

What are you doing to address it?

Post more nude artwork no homo

wht do ya want me to sketch

mirin that drawing, it's pretty didactic