Selfmade pre workout

what do you guys think about pre workouts?

I have been training without pre workouts because up until now I was just a student and never actually needed one but since I started working Iam kinda burned out after work so I started experimenting with selfmade pre workout shakes consisting of beta-alanin, creatine, coffein, citruline, arganin, (vitamin d3 not really needed in a pre workout shake)

anything I could add or remove?

>inb4 black coffee + banana
I tried and it doesnt do it for me.

Other urls found in this thread:

huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/31/carl-sagan-marijuana_n_3367112.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

u pretty much have the basics, i usually add fruit punch mix for flavor. use example.com to check for actual tests done on products

Dude thats alot of work combing all the ingredients. Just buy a preworkout

It takes literally 1minute to put everything together, drink it, wash out the shaker. I actually counted the time because I thought it would take a long time just like you.

Dunno about you and how busy your lifestyle is but I have that one minute considering how much cheaper selfmade is and I also that I dont have added retarded shit which I dont need.

Where do you source your ingredients from?

citruline malate + caffeine its all you need

Nah, I go all natty. I'll buy one of those C4 pre made drinks at the gym like once or twice a month and will feel like God himself.

You should lay off all that crap. Huge waste of money, because you build such a high tolerance to it. I used to take Mr. Hyde and that shit had like 400 mg of caffeine and I was still yawning during my workout with zero energy.

caffeine yes but taking beta alanine and citruline malate won't give you a tolerance

not OP but I'm thinking of just going with the Bulk Supplements brand ... I've had all the various bags of powders sitting in my Amazon shopping cart forever but just need to pull the damn trigger already

My pre-gym routine is:
Eat a big breakfast
Large banana 1 hour before gym
BCAA water, 200mg caffeine pill, B-Complex pill 15 minutes before

Are you saving a significant amount of money by doing this? Preworkout is pretty cheap off Amazon.

My preworkout:

Creatine HCL
Citruline Mallate
Beta Alanine
Kool-Aid for flavoring
Sugar (if you look at the nutritional facts of sugar, you'd be surprised how much you can have before it starts messing with your macros).

I don't use caffeine anymore because my blood pressure tends to be lower when I keep it out of my diet.

I mixed my own because all others are underdosed in BA but dosed okay in caffeine, so you can't get enough BA without overdosing on caffeine. Here is the per dose:
Beta alanine 5g
Citruline malate 5g
Tyrosine can't remember
Theanine 200mg
Taurine 1.5g
Caffeine on the side in pills
Buy and mix in a container/tub.

Or weigh them out and mix them so you have like 50 portions at a time.

Based on earlier research my basic mix was going to be this:

pre-workout:
caffeine 200-300mg
AAKG 4-6g
beta alanine 2g

optional:
l-tyrosine 1-3g
citrulline malate 6-8g

daily:
ALCAR 1-3g (can be used as part of preworkout but also as a daily supp ... so maybe 1g in the preworkout, and then 2g with the creatine)
creatine 5g daily

Any changes, tips, etc?

That's who I go with. Seems fine.

Only complaint I have is I think some of their sups come from different places, because I ordered a bunch at once, and one package was different than the others and got to me a day late. The package it came in wasn't well enough protected and the bag of supplement powder was slightly split open.

its like 200-300% cheaper and I know exactly whats in it.
myprotein for example, there are many other good brands.

Caffeine
Guarana
DMAE
ltyrosine
Adrafinil
AMP citrate
Centrophenoxine
Oxiracetam
Picamilion

Beat it fags

(op here)
I think everything you write besides caffeine is made up.

lol

What's your cost and how long does it last man? Def interested in spending less money on the preworkout jew.

I just drink a full Rockstar Punched, that stuff has like 240mg caffeine and a bunch of other more shit

crazy high calories and crazy high $/mg of ingredients

You can get 200mg caffeine tablets for basically nothing...

>240mg caffeine and a bunch of other more shit
Too much caffiene a day, too much sugar, and too many unneeded ingredients. Are you a teenager?

l-citrullin malat 1kg = 36€
arginin 1kg = 18€
beta alanin 1kg = 25€
5millionen coffein tabs = 5-10€

those are the very basic ingredients.
thats around 85€ for 1kg pre workout.
one pre workout shake consists of 7g of everthing + coffein tab. Thats (1kg / 7g~ = 143 uses)

85€ / 143uses = 0,60€ per shake and I know whats in it.

>>inb4 black coffee + banana
>I tried and it doesnt do it for me.
are you doing it right, tho? the trick is to consume the two so you can stack the effects. try this:
first, take swig or two of the coffee to lube up your mouth and throat. then, you'll want to remove about 80% of the peel of the banana, and insert the banana as far down your throat as possible. avoid choking.

then, you'll want to intermittently take sips of the coffee while deepthroating the banana. the caffeine, combined with the dopamine and norepinephrine released from the excitement you feel swallowing a huge phallic object down your throat, will enhance your lifts by up to 13.2%. lemme get the peer reviewed study link, i swear this is the most effective pwo currently known.

Albuterol is my pre workout of choice if I decide to use some. (Just on cuts or some weekends)
Always eat a banana cause of the hypokalemia.

You know what's in it then how do you know the ingredients are pure and there aren't some impurities or fakes its not like companies can't pull the same trick . Saying 'you know what's in it' is just bullshit unless you actually lab test your batches, but that would increase cost so much its not even worth it anymore to make for yourself.

We can only rewind so much. Every person has to decide at what point they are comfortable with a recipe. At some point you have to trust what you buy.

You can buy a burger at McDonald's, you can buy a subjectively better burger at a nice restaurant, you can buy ground beef and make burgers at home, you can buy grass fed beef (did you see the cow eat the grass), you can buy sides of beef and grind your own burger, you can raise and slaughter your own cows ...

Like Carl Sagan said, "If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe."

Take your creatine before you go to sleep with zinc.

Do not take it with preworkout. Do not take it with coffee. Google it if you don't believe me. Coffee makes you piss. Creatine makes you store water. Counter productive

Does this shit actually even work? Why not just mentally prepare yourself for a workout?

>"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe."
How high was he when he said that?

For my cut I'm on EC stack right now.
24mg E and 200mg C 3 times a day.
It's really helping me get through my workout even on a low cal diet.
Does anyone have experience using it as a pwo every once in a while?
So not specifically for cutting.

it does actually work by giving you a better pump (blood flow). its not something that you can reproduce by wanting it or mentally preparing.

Sounds like a pain in the ass, I'll stick with my normal cup of coffee and sucking dick in the locker room

huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/31/carl-sagan-marijuana_n_3367112.html

>Or weigh them out and mix them so you have like 50 portions at a time.
I don't think they'd mix evenly. Maybe some chembro can tell us.

Add DMAA

I would also like to know about this.

That's basically what I take too, except I don't take caffeine but just drink strong coffee. I also add creatine to the mix, and some BCAA but you don't really need the latter.

does preworkout really help? never tried it before, interested in how it makes you guys feel

I'd personally say forget it. I don't really think it helps me, it's sort of expensive, but most of all once I started using it I needed it. I can't lift if I'm not buzzed on something anymore, it's fucking awful.

>Caffeine and Guarana
seriously why take 2 things that trigger the same response
> Guarana
enjoy your bowel leak
>L-Tyrosine
This i approve
>Andrafinil
what dosage are you using? again, not sure why you add this with Caff
> AMP citrate
DMBA - are you TRYING to explode your heart?
> Centrphenoxine
Why? Just WHy ?
> Ociracetam
Moar stims
> Picamilion
SWOLE

You literally must look like Giga-Nigga before you lift if you take all of this in one go.

this nigga talkin bout pwo like it's cocaine or something. it's just caffeine you pussy get over it.

Dissolve in water, take portions of the water out. Should mix properly in water but Idk, not a Chem bro

this

you end up building a huge tolerance to it and going from needing 1 scoop to 2 to 4 real quick, meaning you spend a shitload more to get it, and when you dont have it you feel like shit.

I stopped using it awhile back. just have some brown rice/complex carbs 30 mins before your workout.

For me, even if I feel tired, after the first warmup set I'm ready.

Best to take beta alinine and taurine separate bro, they compete for uptake