Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q4U1u6G1Ue4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

JUST GET UP NOW

DON'T STOP

GET UP AND LIFT BRO

DON'T FUCKING STOP UNTIL YOU'RE DONE.

GOGOGOGOGOGGOGOGOGOGOO

JUST DO IT YOU LITTLE BITCH HUH ARE YOU GONNA BE A SAD LITTLE FUCKER THE REST OF YOUR LIFE OR ARE YOU GUNNA BE A FREAK HUH YOU LITTLE SHIET GET OFF UR ASS

you're not as bad as you think if you're actually lifting through depression, keep doing it, it'll only make you a favour

Lift harder!

Physical effort and exertion will make you feel better.
Trust me brah, I'm lifting to help my depression too, and it helps a ton.
Get your ass out there and be a god.

Go lift to distract the emotional pain with physical pain

>2nd day of bupropion
>want to end it all
this shit was prescribed to me for adhd and for depression symptoms, i didn't think i could get any worse before i started taking it but apparently i can

Take it from a guy who's been on more bipolar and depression meds than he can count in the past few years: it can ALWAYS get worse. Tbh I'm about one more bloody urine or seizure episode from just an heroing.

Bro, just keep at it. The more you incorporate lifting into your daily routine the more feel-good chemicals are released in your brain. I used to have episodes twice a week. Been lifting everyday and havent had an episode in a month.

you got it buddy

but lifting always makes my depression go away. rest days are feelsbadman tho

>Tfw trying to get out of bed and eat during a severe depression episode
Just keep lifting brah, it'll help

Keep going bro you are going to make it, i believe in you.

Just don't come to a complete stop and you should be fine. Try to always do at least a few sets of something. Don't feel like you have to do a full routine, itll probably put you off. But if you set a small goal for the day you'll probably want to do more afterwards. Low effort every day keeps the ball rolling

You are perpetuating it by referring to it

You are perpetuating it by dwelling on how hard everything seems

You are perpetuating it by assuming that you HAVE depression

That it's YOURS

Use logic, will yourself

Kick your stupid feeling's ass

what the fuck kek

you are stronger than the chemicals in your brain that are trying to fuck your shit up, user

not just in your muscles, but seeing as you got off your ass and went to go lift anyway, in your character too

we're all gonna make it

don't think about it. just go do it. one foot in front of the other, no stopping

>what the fuck kek

well yeah, basically everything you said.

and dwelling on feelings makes them kinda hard to let go.

oops, kept my name from the QTD thread.

It's literally what you should be doing when you're depressed so don't stop, you made it to the weights at least, be a shame if you puss'd out

Hey OP, what are you doing for the depression?

I've been through therapy and meds and finally found a combo of meds that work. What have you tried?

>tfw on Prozac & gabagool

i woke up in the middle of the night to throw up a bad salad. shall i stay home or go to the gym today? feeling a little bit tender but no signs of sickness whatsoever.

yeah but the idea that you "perpetuate" your depression by referring to it is odd to me

I know I have clinical depression, just saying it doesn't make it any more or less intense

also the whole "assuming you HAVE depression" thing

I understand that, for the most part, your emotions are mainly affected by your thoughts about an event, not the event itself... but depression is a legitimate chemical imbalance as well

>Feel depressed the entire day
>Day builds up to going to the gym
>Get to gym and my anxiety is through the roof
>Blast my music and start my exercises, it's not so bad
>Finish. Feel depressed again.

When is the natural antidepressant gonna kick in, Veeky Forums? I was diagnosed with major depressive disorder a few years back, stopped treatment because shit didn't work.

did you only try one drug? sometimes it takes a few tries to find the right one

unfortunately "natural antidepressants" just don't work long-term for some of us, but they can take the edge off temporarily if they work at all for you

this is all the same stuff i used to think when i felt depressed.

my shrink said i would need to go on anti-depressants, i thought i wanted to die, i thought i couldn't feel anything anymore, i had no hope.

when i changed some significant factors in my life that were contributing to the shit, i realized how silly it was to think that i "have depression." no... this "chemical imbalance" can be overcome on one's own. that's been my experience with it, anyway.

ah, I see. for me, it's actually a chemical imbalance. I've been doing better in that my periods of not wanting to kill myself last significantly longer and the periods in the abyss don't last as long as they used to, but it's a cyclical thing and has been since I was 11

I'm gonna jump on antidepressants when I get the chance. I think that if the physical part of my brain can be brought to more of a baseline, I can make myself genuinely happy one day

Only two. Zoloft and Prozac
Zoloft numbed me, I didn't feel depressed or much of anything but it didn't make me happy.
Prozac just didn't work but it helped with my insomnia.

the thing is... you can change a chemical imbalance if you find the thing that makes your brain "click."

for me, i found that i love to sing and work out. both activities are like drugs. i also stopped drinking 24/7 at the time, so i felt like i'd been jolted right back to life. journaling has also helped me immensely, because i can work through my feelings before they turn into toxic thoughts. all of this stuff has been as good as a drug could have been. i'm happier now than i ever have been, and i was a very, very negative kid.

>tfw it's a Tone beats up an innocent bodybuilder episode

>it didn't make me happy
the numbing is bad but antidepressants aren't actually happy pills, they're just supposed to bring you to a more normal baseline

you can try to treat yourself by changing your thought process and such but if you have a depressive disorder you might need to try to go back and get professional help

that's good for you and all, but if you have a depression DISORDER and not just a depressive period, you often don't genuinely enjoy things anymore

I don't even like lifting. endorphins do nothing for me after about 5 mins post-gym

nothing makes my brain click because my brain won't let anything make it click

yeah dude, i was diagnosed with major depressive disorder too. and generalixed anxiety disorder and adhd and obsessive-compulsive disorder.

i get it. it was my entire life up until the age of 23.

i've also recovered from a traumatic brain injury. believe me, the brain is AMAZINGLY malleable. you can influence it more than you believe. it IS you.

I like this thread.

>tfw needing to lift because the depression is setting in
>tfw can't because of an infection that's been going on for about a month now

I've tried in earnest for years and nothing works. like you, I figured, "if depression is caused by my thoughts, then it's my fault I'm depressed, so it's my responsibility to fix it"

except that's only true to an extent. you're in control of your thoughts, but not your genetics or the chemicals your brain chooses to excrete

my oneitis had to stop me from killing myself fairly recently and only then did I fully realize it would be retarded of me to not even try to get actual help

and for anyone else struggling the same as I did, Marcus Aurelius once said, "Don’t be ashamed to need help. Like a soldier storming a wall, you have a mission to accomplish. And if you’ve been wounded and you need a comrade to pull you up? So what?"

>picked out the biggest guy in the room
>Beat him up

he was truly a ALPHA MALE

sorry man, but i refuse to believe in anything except my own will.

good luck with life i guess.

A great man once said,

"Don't be a sad cunt. Be a sick cunt."

thanks, but it's not a matter of believing in anything, it's being able to realize what's in your control and what isn't--and you can only change what you can control

for you, it appears your depression was mainly in your control, and for me it's the opposite

but maybe you'll give some other user scrolling through the thread some hope

REMEMBER THAT POST WORKOUT FEEL.

REMEMBER THAT POST WORKOUT FEEL

>depression is making it hard to lift and push myself
>get more depressed when I don't lift

i actually found belief itself to be a major factor in my happiness. choosing what to believe in and basically re-configuring my entire mental map. i was able to create my own happiness.

i can't control other people though, that's for sure.

also, don't forget this: dum spiro, spero. as long as you breathe, you hope.

Don't push it, it could lead to even more off days, but if you feel up for it, just do something light. You'll probably feel better when your blood gets pumping

You will make it bro, I believe in you
Have some high test to aid you on the way

I've always had episodes of depression that lasted a couple days or several weeks, but then it just never seemed to go away. This past spring semester I had to take a medical withdrawal because I could not focus, I was tired all the time, and nothing seemed worth doing.

It got bad enough to where i forced myself to go to the school therapist and psychiatrist because I was miserable all the time and I just wanted to try to fix myself. I just wanted to be content enough to function. I took 150mg of bupropion for a couple months, then was prescribed a 300mg dose.

While the therapy might have helped me with some problems I was having, neither it or the medicine was a cure for my depression. My depression was a spiritual one. Nihilism could explain what I was experiencing.

I found a way to overcome my depression by doing some philosophical research.

I stopped going to therapy and quit the bupropion cold turkey. Highly recommend you don't quit cold turkey as there can be severe side effects. I didn't have it too bad though, just foggy head for a couple days.

>existential nihilism*

Nihilism is legit but people always do it wrong

"Nothing has meaning and we're all gonna die bloo bloo i'm so empty"

When it should be

"Nothing has meaning and we're all gonna die so SHOTS AND GAINZ BITCHES"

I am still a nihilist but am much happier since I just embraced the void. Motherfucker just wouldn't stop nagging at my soul so I let the dude in.

lifting is the only thing that keeps my depression at bay desu

thanks for the advice. i went regardless and it went well, just took a little longer rests and used the same weights as usual. i had planned to increase but oh well, better than nothing.

I feel you OP. Lifting is hard when you're like this, but I've found it dulls the depression just a little bit. I just got prescribed Rexulti, but after researching the side effects there's just no way I'm taking that shit. I'm going to try medical Marijuana now, then pin test. Both have a growing body of support in treating depression and bipolar, and both are infinitely safer than these hardcore antipsychotics and antidepressants. Fuck this guinea pig, revolving door of pills. They don't work for me, and three quarters of them made things worse.

Depression isnt real. Its a made up illness by pharmaceutical companies to make cash from gullible people feeling sorry for themselves. Hapiness is not the default state of being for humans. You must MAKE yourself happy, not expect to be happy by default. And the only way to be happy is to CHOOSE to be happy. Choose to be happy by doing your favourite activities daily and living a healthy life, with lots of sleep, a good diet and smart, consistent training. Do not use drugs (including alcohol) (a little caffeine is ok, but not necessary, and best avoided altogether) Do not subscribe to the medias definition of success (money, house, car etc.) Strive towards a self defined definition of success. Work daily towards your goals and you will live a life of fulfilment.
Take control of your life, or else others will take control of it for you.

> depression episode
Fucking Americans and their made up diseases

>Depression isnt real

Stopped reading there. You're the depression thread troll that comes to every one of these threads.

Samefag.

Ayo hol up, so be tryin to use logic roudn these parts bruh ? We be blamin niggers and jews for all our problems round these parts son

Why are you typing like a black person.

how long did you take them for? did you bother going through with the 25 dollar insurance-subsidized genetic testing to see if they'd even work?

atleast learn to check for id you fucking summer faggot

> muh depression
> muh feeling under the weather
> muh its hard cope boys
> muh please pity me
> muh how are my depression bros holding up
fuck off your cunt

browsing some internet when i stumble upon this song from burnout 3 takedown
youtube.com/watch?v=q4U1u6G1Ue4

and i remember i have not done jack shit in my life and 30 is only 5 years away
no contact with a girl that could've been gf material
still living at home
neglected lifting for 2 freaking weeks now

fuck

>over sixty seconds between replies
>identical writing styles

Embarrassing.

No, I've just done what the doctors say to try. I try the meds as long as needed. Sometimes half a year, sometimes just a few weeks, sometimes they're taken in tandem.

>lifting only pauses the pain

I just started after a rough fallout, 4th day in. Don't give up man. The success is worth the temporary pain.

Lmao that dyke pic

chad fucks your oneitis and eats pizza while you are dying in a corner

THAT'S WHAT I'M MISSING! I JUST NEED TO OPEN THE DOOR. HE JUST WANTS THE BEST ME FOR WHEN I LEAVE THIS SHITHOLE.

> being sad over a woman

Fucking faggot

look at the bright side, an ez cut is just 1 naltrexone away.

I don't consider myself depressed, but I'm goddamn fucking lonely sometimes

Had a messed up childhood and struggled for years to adapt to normal life and people
Still have issues fitting in, no close friends right now

Unless I actively go out and seek people nobody will ever contact me
Unless I hit up someone to hang with I'll spend days or weeks, or even months alone

>trying to lift while high
>ohp feels like I'm pushing to keep the sun in the sky

Iktf user. Posted this in different thread.

My GF ended it on my birthday last month and said she wasn't happy with me anymore, and she's happy alone. I put some much money and time into our relationship for it to end suddenly and find out she wasn't happy anymore.

Now I just stretch once a day and close my eyes, lie on my bed for about 12 hours a day listening to lana del rey albums on repeat with my eyes closed and then go to bed.

I'm barely even eating and going back to SKELLY mode too. Feelsbadman. I check her snapchat story like every 10 minutes.

>Depression isn't real

here be trolls

Time to start cutting urself

Just fucking do it man. Physical activity increases the amount of endorphins your brain releases, these endorphins increase motivation and help break the cycle of depression. Lifting is the best thing you can do for yourself during a depressive episode

literally every faggot here and on normiebook has depression now it seems

kys betas ur not special

>spending money on women
Rookie mistake my friend, I hope one day you learn THAT ONE TRICK to make women buy shit for you, clean your house, suck your dick and cry and beg for you to not end things with them