EVERY man should learn how to fight

Fighting is as biologically innate of human beings as sex, eating and sleeping is.

Since there has been man, there has been fighting.

I don't care how big you are, how shredded you are or how strong you are. If you can't fight, you need to learn.

> Being big and ripped in order to intimidate people into not fighting is a fools game. You're a fragile, scared peacock, all for show.

> Being fit, agile and knowing how to fight gives you an imperturbable confidence. You're a honey badger, ready for anything.

Yes I know, you don't go looking for fights and street fighting is for losers, but thats just the point - there ARE losers out there that go around looking for street fights.

If you can get a gun, good for you but unfortunately not all countries allow firearm defense and to carry a firearm and be caught with it means big trouble.
Cliffs:
> Learn to fight.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HEjflWAdbiM
youtube.com/watch?v=u51zm59805U
youtube.com/watch?v=ZLqI926OgBA
youtube.com/watch?v=V7leifdLuJ4
youtube.com/watch?v=WHivvXN6K-g
youtube.com/watch?v=AwPFIFXqg-M
youtube.com/watch?v=4FTcBWb3XR0
youtube.com/watch?v=heJFTR_LBYM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm planning on learning soon, what discipline do you recommend

>pic shows "wrestling"
>its just two guys forcing one another to suck their cock

Sounds right up Veeky Forumss alley

Boxing

>Why learn how to fight if leads to jail/prison

Nah that's cool I'll just shoot the tough guy lol. And being big is actually enough to stop a fight quite alot. I get away with quite alot around street niggers and it's because I'm jacked.

Boxing is great for self defense as the other guy says as it teaches head movement, how to take a punch, a solid stance, footwork and distance gauging. Throw in some Muay Thai to learn clinching and how to use your legs and elbows, youre good.

People say grappling is necessary, but unless you're having actual 'arranged' backyard brawls (stupid), then grappling will just get your head stomped in.

Boxing allows you to make that first devastating strike then GTFO.

It also allows for multiple attackers - grappling does not.

brazillian jiu jitsu

it is hands down the most dominant martial art int the world, striking is completely obsolete with teh introduction of grappling in the first UFC

supplement your BJJ with judo or greco roman wrestling takedowns and become god among men

Don't listen to striker cucks

You will get fucked up hard just doing striking

real fights always go to the ground.

Most "boxers" or athletes, sportsmen, not fighters.

boxing is a great sport, but it simply cannot compete with grappling

Post body

Why would I EVER need to fight in my life?

I get that it can be a cool sport but there's no point. It will ALWAYS be an efficient method of self-defense compared to using a weapon or simply running away.

If a nigger threatens me, I'd be best to simply run away rather than taking him on one-on-one.

Alternatively I can pepperspray him or use some other weapon. This will always be much more beneficial for several reasons:
>You won't potentially injure yourself
Breaking your knuckles against hitting an elbow or someone's skull is very real possibility without boxing gloves and wraps.

>You won't need to get into a position where you can be attacked by his friends
If I start wrestling and doing some BJJ bullshit on the floor, another nigger can come kick me in the head. Remember, we're not in a ring.

I'm not about to start grappling and clinching with a person in the street, especially considering they can have a weapon and cut me with it. We're not in a boxing match with mouthguards, wraps and referees.

>It's much easier to disorient someone with a weapon than punching them repeatedly or kicking them

>You can do it as a significant distance.
Pepperspray and run away. nearly 100% chance of getting away unless it's multiple people

Hmm I wonder which weeb faggot I should take fighting advice from

My only concern is losing IQ, how bad does boxing fuck up hobbyists

youtube.com/watch?v=u51zm59805U

judo/bjj is most practical since all fights wind up on the ground. you can control the fight and de-escalate the situation quickly.

boxing/muay thai are technically viable too, but a bit less practical. Striking will pretty much always escalate the situation even if it works. max risk of injuring yourself or getting legally fucked

do krav maga if you're in a hurry to prove you can get killed in a parking lot

realistically, your best bet is to stay out of the ghetto, keep your head on a swivel, don't be an insecure manlet, move in numbers whenever possible, and concealed carry. the only people who think knowing how to roll can actually save your life against armed maniac are fedoras and dead men. do it for the fulfillment, not because you think you'll become Goku

youtube.com/watch?v=ZLqI926OgBA

I've realised, after taking a few BJJ classes that grappling is a cult.

Why would ANYONE take a fight to the ground is beyond me, it should be a last resort. Have fun with your triangle choke holds when theres more than one person attacking you.

JUDO is great for self defense, again in one on one situations. Out of all the grappling sports, BJJ is the least applicable to real life.

You're fucking high. I wrestled in high school for 4 years. Someone who did boxing/kickboxing for 4 years would destroy me in a fight.

>My only concern is losing IQ, how bad does boxing fuck up hobbyists

I'm the "cuck" posting about pepperspraying above but boxing doesn't really damage your head as an amateur.

You mostly do bagwork and sparring. Even when you do spar you wear helmets and don't go full-force usually so the "damage" is minimal.

>fighting people
nigger I don't want to get stabbed

This guy has the right attitude. You have a good chance of surviving. No puffed up ego here.

> All 1v1 fights.
> Thinking self defense situations are going to be 1v1

Id rather do cardio and learn to run than learn how to fight like a nigger

I'm neither of those guys but i do both, and i recomend doing both. BJJ can help you alot if you know how to take a fight to the ground, but boxing is also important to learn because from there you have more then only 1 way the fight can go.

If you're going to get stabbed it's gonna happen either way. If your choice is
> Have no fighting experience and get stabbed
or
> Actually have a chance at defending yourself and lessen the chances of getting stabbed

Do you guys actually read the thread, or do your cognitive dissonance toward fighting kick in immediately?

>Boxing is great for self defense as the other guy says as it teaches head movement, how to take a punch, a solid stance, footwork and distance gauging. Throw in some Muay Thai to learn clinching and how to use your legs and elbows, youre good.
agreed. striking is necessary.

>People say grappling is necessary, but unless you're having actual 'arranged' backyard brawls (stupid), then grappling will just get your head stomped in.
disagree, it is completely subjective. the time you need grappling in a fight, you already lost the fight. not saying i think it is necessary to learn, but it's an age old argument.

>Boxing allows you to make that first devastating strike then GTFO.
this. the point is to stay safe.

>It also allows for multiple attackers - grappling does not.
this. it will definitely get you farther than grappling. i know of people who are grapplers and have gotten in fights where they were dislocating/breaking body parts one by one against multiple attackers. obviously the fight was in the street and so much more movement comes into play rather than strictly grappling discipline. but those guys were so many years in. the learning curve for grappling is a lot bigger than striking.

He thinks he's going to fight more than one person and not go to the ground.

You strikers are inexperienced morons

if you fight more than one person and you fall you aren't gonna know how to get back up because you are a striker cuck

Strikers are "tough guys" who can't actually fight

Grappling is the foundation for all unarmed combat.

youtube.com/watch?v=WHivvXN6K-g

depends. you can be a real dummy and rush into competing against giga niggas who will literally punch you retarded, or you can train until you're quick and confident enough to make it through most of your rounds without getting theatrically rekt

anyone who makes a career of getting punched in the face will wind a little bit dumber and uglier if they stick with it long enough, but as a hobbyist, it's up to you. choose your fights wisely.

No you stupid fuck

Getting in close contact with someone WHO HAS A FUCKING KNIFE IS RETARDED

Why would you get in punching/wrestling range????????

So far I see a bunch of losers frantically squabbling to justify there complete ineptitude at handling themselves.

BJJ is the best grappling art there is imo, if you disagree i couldnt care less.
Here's an example to youtube.com/watch?v=AwPFIFXqg-M

>all these striker muscle heads
>in the other thread most people had shit for jobs

This board is pleb as fuck I had no idea, done posting here.

You have your head screwed on dude. I wish you a long life of peace and prosperity.

If you dont like ''striker cucks'' then why even bother making a comment? Looks like someones salty because of the time it takes you to do a join lock you might alredy be out.

>This board is pleb as fuck I had no idea, done posting here.

Dude no fucking shit

Most of the people here are fucking losers

I can post videos too, bruv.

youtube.com/watch?v=4FTcBWb3XR0

it's really just best as a failsafe, since the messiness and momentum of any fight can bring shit down to the ground whether anyone wants to be on the ground or not. at that point, if you're trained and they aren't game over

if you're fighting more than one person, than all bets are off no matter what martial fart you know.

I've been hitting the bag at the gym but my form is shit because I never had any formal training as I'm already busy with another sport. I don't dismiss the importance of being able to fight, but from my experience, faggots who pick fights don't train anything for real either, so just being fit will put you at an advantage in most situations.

Sure you could be out of luck one day and happen to be picked on by a trained MMA fighter for some reason, but that's very unlikely to happen and if it does you probably did something to deserve his anger anyway.

youtube.com/watch?v=heJFTR_LBYM

well with that attitude

I'd rather be in punching / kicking range than wrestling with the fucker.

> and I'm the stupid fuck lol

>learn to run

im not fat

no you dumb idiot
I'm saying you should run away and use whatever you can to disorient him.
He can't stab you if you've been practicing sprinting for even a minor amount of time.

Fuck man instead of learning BJJ just buy a gun or a can of pepperspray

>tfw training muay thai AND BJJ
>feels good man

100% convinced you meatheads don't even read threads, just see the word 'Fight' and come in blind screaming

> hurr durr buy a gun
> uhhh buy pepper spray
> uuuhhhh run durrr

My roommate walks around with a pair of police handcuffs and a taser.

He has fought multiple people before and he tazed them then handcuffed them

maube you're just...
Bad?

you need to incorporate judo or greco roman for takedowns

if you choose greco roman be careful, there's a difference between sport wrestling and mma wrestling, specifically not getting caught in a guillotine choke on a single or double leg take down

Remember the days when society wasnt cucked and you could get in a fight to settle a dispute aslong as no one died?
Hell, before that men could Duel and actually kill their opponant aslong as they both agreed to it

>he doesn't know what mutual combat laws are

check your state laws, dueling may still be legal

In the USA some states have a law called "mutual combat" where if both parties agree to combat and can prove it, they can engage in combat with fear of being prosecuted by the other party or state or being punished for their actions.

Pepper spray only works right away if you get them right in the eyes. Some buddies and I used to spray each other to test our endurance. As long as we shielded our eyes,it was never a problem to choose the gap and deliver punishment before your skin starts burning too much to fight. I'd estimate you've got about 2 decent minutes to put someone down so long as your eyes are clean before it hurts too much.

>with fear

WithOUT fear

fixed

You retards are saying to learn boxing and BJJ, which is a great idea if you enjoy it but it's really not going to be very useful for you.

I don't live in the fucking bronx or detroit.

i actually have something to lose if i get brain damage or even a concussion or a broken nose/hand. Not everyone is a NEET or works a minimum wage job.

I've gotten threatened by people before and I could've kicked their ass likely, but there is no logical reason to do so besides "MUH EGO, MUH TESTOSTERONE, MUH PRIMAL URGES".

Guy threatens to kill me:

Scenario 1:
>I go over, kick his ass flawlessly
>Someone calls police, I waste my time explaining to them he started it or end up with other legal troubles
>Eventually get off

Scenario 2:
>I kick his ass, injure my hand/other part during it
>I defend muh honor, but now I am injured for the time being over some faggot who doesn't even matter
>Rest of scenario plays out as above

Scenario 3:
>He turns out to be stronger than me
>He either kicks MY ass, or we beat eachother about evenly until we get broken up
>I now look like shit, blackeye, bloody nose etc
>Police yada yada

Scenario 4:
>I go over to kick his ass
>He has some sort of weapon
>He injures me
>I disarm him afterwards
>Yada yada

Scenario 5:
>I go over to kick his ass
>He has some sort of weapon
>He severely injures me and I need to go to the hospital

SCENARIO 6:
>I say "Yeah ok dude sure cool whatever", try to de-escalate the situation, and leave the situation
>I remain unscathed, no one is injured, "Muh honor" is let down but I have wasted minimal amounts of time with some guy who has less to live for than i do

WHICH OF THESE SCENARIOS SHOULD I TAKE?

Not sure what pepperspray concentration you used but that shit burns like fucking hell and pretty much no one will be able to fight or even chase you after it.

Even if you don't get them in the eyes it still burns if it's in the air around the area for a few minutes and if it gets in your mouth/nostrils/face it still hurts.

Being angry enough to put this much effort into a post.

Can tell you're an insecure cuck that doesn't know how to fight, otherwise you wouldnt be trying so hard to convince yourself.

Ive known a couple people that died in street altercations.

One punch can ruin your life, its best to avoid it.

The guy that runs my local mma gym tells members to use the most lethal damaging moves as quickly as possible if you should have the misfortune of getting into a street altercation.

OR you could challenge him to mutual combat.

Dueling is still legal in the USA

>2lethal4U
>expects to be taken seriously.

>Can tell you're an insecure cuck that doesn't know how to fight, otherwise you wouldnt be trying so hard to convince yourself.

le cuck meme
Where do you live where you regularly get into fights with people?

I'm not mad, I simply outlined the possible scenarios and I want you to tell me which is the most logical. I understand you're in highschool, a NEET or a minimum wage worker but some people value themselves

>OR you could challenge him to mutual combat.

And why?

what purpose does it serve?

>M'lady, I have bested this brute in mutual combat, I tip my fedora to you. I have protected thy honor

DOES ANYONE over the age of 20, who actually has stable employment and isn't soem sort of ex-convict actually fight people?

> EXACTLY
> THE
> POINT
> I'M
> TRYING
> TO
> MAKE
Brb most damaging move in a street fight is pulling guard and getting an arm bar on concrete (lol)

I dont get into fights, which is why I SPECIFICALLY know you either can't read too well or just game in shouting blindly.

My original post even states, fighting is for losers, BUT THERE ARE LOSERS OUT THERE THAT CAN AND DO START STREET ALTERCATIONS.

Read the OP next time or you'll make yourself look even more stupid than you do now (if thats possible).

None.

Nothing can prepare you for a street fight. Anything is allowed and there could be multiple attackers and or weapons.

You learn from experience.

I've kicked dudes in the balls, shoved my finger into their eye sockets, and have sucker punched potential attackers.

Granted I've only done this dirty fighting when I knew I was fighting two or more dudes.

Gotta do what you gotta do to survive. Well least when you grew up in Chicago.

The reason he stresses that is because you could lose your life.

One of the guys that trains here is a bouncer who just barely beat a manslaughter charge because he accidentally killed someone when a bar fight escalated.

The guy that died was dropped from a punch and hit the back of his head on a curb.

That shit happens more often than people realize.

I'm not only responding to the OP post you know, I'm responding to the other faggots in the thread too

>I dont get into fights, which is why I SPECIFICALLY know you either can't read too well or just game in shouting blindly

I am saying there is ALMOST ALWAYS a much better way to avoid the situation alltogether such as carrying pepperspray, a gun or running/defusing the situation and leaving the area.

Literally 99% of fights are like that, just say "Nah sorry dude I don't mean any trouble" and walk away

Pulling guard and quickly reaching up to break a neck

>train to fight guys in bar brawls and in the street

>get rekt because you get into a 2vs1 fight and a dude stabs you from behind, or some nig pulls out a gun and shoots you

>die to a single punch like some people just do because they took it in a weird spot on their head, or fell over and smacked their head on the ground

the best way to win a fight is not having to fight it

can't run forever.

This.

Best "self-defense" is either running away or pic related.

You guys really sound like those middle-aged moms or neckbeards who think they will do some whacky move and do a cartwheel and disorient their enemy in a streetfight

this, combined with some wrestling is recipe for a well rounded fighter

> living in reality

This. Why fight when you can just avoid a fight or shoot the other guy? Retards on fit think that being able to fight give them some advantage when someone smart would just carry a gun or walk away

I know. I practice kickboxing.
What I wanted to say is that you should always try to avoid fighting, if possible.
But if it comes to it better be ready.

I got to level three hand to hand in the army, but I have not done any of that shit in years.

CHAD eats PIZZA and just WALKS away while you get into street FIGHTS and get BLACK eyes

military hand to hand is a joke

Brawling, maybe throw in a few months of boxing or BJJ to give you some form but honest to god that good ol' 1-2 or triangle choke ain't going to help shit when you get whacked with a fucking bar stool.

this tbqh senpai

the real threat of the fight isn't even the physical contest, it's complete lack of time and money to get dicked around by court dates and doctor's appointments.

inner city thugs love fighting because they've got fuckall going on. they have no life to throw away, so fighting IS their life. that's how rank in their community is determined. they don't give a shit about stuff like paralysis or permanently losing 50% of their vision. for all intents and purposes they're already dead, and they'd love to take down someone else with them.

if you actually have shit to do, places to go, and important things you've been working for, you're not in a hurry to gamble it all on playing grabass with some random loser in the parking lot.

> living in america

If you get into a fight you know you can't win, just pull out your dick and start masutafpafpefew

>Greco Roman
>single leg take down

How do I know that you've never trained?

I take it you've done it to? It's "ok" it's not the end all be all of the fighting world. I was unimpressed to be quite honest, I was expecting more practicality in the fighting but in the end it turned out to be another fad just like mma.

>implying bjj isn't the hottest white trash style of the decade

>inner city thugs love fighting because they've got fuckall going on. they have no life to throw away, so fighting IS their life. that's how rank in their community is determined. they don't give a shit about stuff like paralysis or permanently losing 50% of their vision. for all intents and purposes they're already dead, and they'd love to take down someone else with them

Exactly.

It's like fighting with homeless people who are high off crack and yell shit at you and say they'll kill you.

Ok you beat up a homeless person... grats bro, big accomplishment.

or you got injured by a homeless person even if you beat him up, you're an even bigger idiot

>I was expecting more practicality in the fighting but in the end it turned out to be another fad just like mma.

top b8 m8 i r8 8/8

Yea, not b8. Mma style of fighting has zero effectiveness towards a group. So I went the best way I could and carry a gun. To choose a fist fight over de-escalation is stupid, if they want to fight you after everything you've done to stop it and they attack just fucking shoot them.

>Chicago

everything I hear about that place makes it sound like a human garbage disposal

>you are in the bar and this guy slaps your girlfriend on the ass

What do you do Veeky Forums?

proper bo

More those quads

> Shooting on concrete

lol

>looks like these kneepads are good for more than one thing

>can't be up close to another guy without thinking of gay sex
the problem here is you

also check'd

>go in to grapple
>get stabbed
alternative scenario
>go in to drop someone to the floor
>they don't know how to take the fall so they snap their arm
>get sued

muay thai or boxing are good

Hey I'm a skinny piece of shit but I'm pretty damn athletic and I want to get into boxing but I feel like I'm just gonna look like a pussy compared to the other people wat do.

Get a good teacher who trains well.
Style wont matter

Look like a pussy until you get good

Size means nothing in boxing buddy.

Go there, learn skills, have fun, meet people. Nobody is looking at you thinking you're skinny or should look a certain way.

everyone starts as a pussy

You will be fine. Just go at your own pace and enjoy yourself.

>size means nothing in boxing buddy.

striking, especially boxing, is the one martial art where size and athletics do matter

skinny/athletic = god mode in boxing