QTDDTOT

Other ones about dead

>Can I add accessories to SS

>How do you traps/competetors/shave fags manage to not have bumps and ingrown hairs on your thighs?

Other urls found in this thread:

content.tigerfitness.com/6-day-split-workout/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>[x question about ss]
read the book

shave with the grain, then across the grain, then against the grain. use an older razor that isn't super sharp, just like you should with pubes/balls/shaft. sounds counter-intuitive, but it works.

If I do the dumb bell variant of the bench press will my gains be the same as if I used a barbell?

I just cant seem to progress on bench.
Im at 62,5kg now, but i just cant get any higher without failing and having to do the roll of shame.

How can i get stronger when i cant push myself?

>From the last thread:
I'm pretty new to all this so some of the vernacular is lost on me but for my macros my carbs are 0.5 BW and protein is hovering just below 1.0 BW then fats to fill in the calorie count. I haven't been counting calories too closely but it's somewhere around 1800. (I'm 6'3" 200lb, probably about 17% BF)

My goal is to get to sub 10% BF and be able to squat my BW for reps by the end of the summer.

Does this check out?

High protein, high fat, carbs only from veg. Is this a suitable diet for cutting or bulking as long as you hit calorie goals?

This a good split?
I added some wrist work and skullcrushers.
Its been pretty intense so far.
content.tigerfitness.com/6-day-split-workout/

I did SL and now have been on GSLP for a while, but I'm struggling to make progress on squat/dead even after deloads without hurting myself (like my back hurting ever so slightly when i move it in certain ways). Obviously I need to fix my form, but should I also move to a slower progressing program?

My goals are mostly to get stronger, but also to look good. Not necessarily trying to become a competitive powerlifter, nor a bodybuilder, but hitting 1/2/3/4 before the end of this year or early next and being ottermode or something would make present-me happy.

I'm ~160 pounds, 5'8" or 5'9", and recently did:
squat: 205 for 8, front squat: 150 for 10, conventional DL: 215 for 7, bench: 145 for 5, OHP: 95 for 5, pendlay row: 120 for 8

>>Can I add accessories to SS
you can add whatever you want, but it is unnecessary and can potentially make your progress worse. your focus while doing SS should be on getting form right and getting stronger on the main exercises as quickly as possible. that will give you the greatest return of investment in terms of size and strength gains. everything else is just a distraction. you will NOT become more "aesthetic" by adding isolation work on SS, you'll just waste time.

I think you should be able to hit that goal with the information provided. If you're new then you can absolutely still make noob strength gains on a cut, and losing weight will obviously make getting a BW squat easier (assuming you're doing something like SL).

typically you set the protein and fat and then vary the carbs, but for what you're doing it's not important.

squatting your own BW for reps is super easy to achieve and I doubt you'll have trouble with it. I'm not sure you'll get below 10% by the end of summer

it's not really possible to answer your question because your post implies that your progressed has stopped because you hurt your back with bad form. we can't give you a routine that fixes that problem, you either need to work harder on form or find a coach.

kek

Fair enough. I am looking into getting a coach to help me with the form issues.

Do you think it's "normal" for people around my size to stop progressing so quickly around these weights?

Oh hey I just passed this weight today
For my part, I was too slow on the downward path, and held too long up top, horrible energy conservation on my part, basically doing negative reps plus my regular ones.
So uh, make sure you're not doing that.

Bench more and introduce periodisation. If you bench three times a week, perhaps have one day doing sets of 3, one doing sets of 5, one doing sets of 10. Try dips or close grip bench as accessories. Get a 1kg ankle weight or microplates to progress with a smaller increment.

as I reach the bottom of my squat, low bar, there seems to be a loss of tension in my hips. I'll pass a particular point and go down faster than I had previously been lowering myself.
What's up with that, do I need to fix that, how do I fix it?

You're roughly at the weights where you can no longer make gains just by doing whatever you feel like in terms of consistency, diet, form etc. So yeah, it's "normal" for people with some glaring problems in their training to start struggling at those weights. I've seen it many times, and usually it's related to diet.

When I work out and use my arms a lot (so all kinds of curls, presses etc) what hurts is my bones and not really my arm muscles. Am I doing something wrong or is it normal and my muscles need to catch up, so to speak?

Sadly I think mine is mostly about form or maybe sleep, but to be sure, do you think it's okay for me to be

eating 2600-2700 cals on weekdays, on which I usually walk 2.5 miles each day and lift on three of them
eating 2400 cals on weekends, on which I don't do much physical activity
the macros are like 150-200g protons depending on the day, 340-380g carbs, 60-70g fat.

I know the calorie counts seem low, but I'm stating lower bounds here because I eat a lot of random shit that I don't know how to count while I'm at work or out on the weekends basically everyday so total cals are probably more along the lines of 2.7-3k a day, no idea on the macros though

How atrocious for your health is an all nighter. I have an absolutely fucked sleeping schedule and am currently awake at almost 6am. Didn't lift this weekend but was planning to tomorrow and day after. Will it really affect me if just this once I stay up all day to help reset my schedule?

What do I do when I pinch my shoulders back like you're supposed to on bench but my shoulder still hurts during and after?

Started doing deadlifts and i've been doing 3x3 and 3x5 sets depending on the day. How long do you think i'll see noob gainz for it?

Doing SS and looking to gain weight

How much weight should I be gaining per month? Can anybody give me a ballpark figure?

I went from 66kg to 72kg (145lbs to 159lbs) and I'm about a month into the program.

Sleep is absolutely vital to your recovery and well-being in general.

But here's a different perspective. You want to build muscle which requires energy (calories). However, when you are awake and active you use more energy than when you sleep. Therefore, when you pull an all-nighter, you are using all the energy that could be contributing to your muscle growth to stay awake for (I'm guessing) no good reason.

What program are you on? For example, if you're on SS/SL, you could go to texas method, if you're on texas method, you could go to 5/3/1. That's in the case of a programming issue. Before doing that, just try to eat more and maybe just add volume.

Does this look ok for a slight cut?

Strength, no. Size, probably just as good if not better. You should do both anyway.

unnecessary amount of protein

replace a bit with fat or carbs, whichever is the most tactically appropriate for you

true, but if I pull this all nighter I can fix my sleep schedule so that I can actually sleep the nights of lifting and rest this week. Thats the reason Im doing it in the first place.

200 g of protein? What's your reasoning?

Im doing Phraks greyskull.

You can add accessories.
I would suggest weighted Pull ups, Dips and Chin - ups .

For the latter - get your thighs waxed and put coconut oil on it afterwards.

>5/3/1 with a 62.5 kg bench

c'mon mate, it's an intermediate program and wouldn't make sense with that weight

the real answer is deloading, working on form, possibly changing grip width and adding in exercises for the weak part of the lift

also eating more

i'd wager form though, bad form in my case cuts like 10 kg off of my workset since i can't balls out push the bar up as hard

Ultra skinnyfat dyel here, I'm just paranoid that if I actually get Veeky Forums I'll still have terrible chest insertions

from 1-10 how shit are the insertions?

>large bowl oatmeal with pp and fruit
>3 scrambled eggs

Is this a good breakfast?

It's literally impossible to tell because you have little to no mass in your chest and your bodyfat is too high.

Work on your mind-muscle connection. Might have to lower the weights a little bit, but it's better in the long run.

ya

>attention whoring
shit insertions look better on a jacked body than a twink.

generally 0.5-1lb/week is standard before fat gain starts becoming unwarrented - higher if your skellyman mode

if you're squatting with any kind of frequency then probably not for too long. if not then 4-6 months is a general guideline for how long LP tends to last, though obviously it can differ.

pull your shoulder blades back and down and tuck your elbows a bit when you bench.

you may just have banged up shoulders that need to recover before you can push the weight on pressing exercises. consider deloading and double checking your form.

one night won't kill you. and fixing your schedule would be more important in the long run.

just don't do a significant workout before you pull an all nighter.

depends what it looks like - some people lose tension because they're 'fishing for depth' and they round their lower back to try get a2g. if thats you then you should stop the squat before you lose tension

if its an unconscious decision to get some 'bounce' out of the hole, but the squat looks fine otherwise then this is totally fine.

My friend told me that I should foam roll my muscles before any exercise.

Is this good or bad ?

I've left a gym a bit behind after exams + some festivals and now that I'm coming back to it I'm really struggling too much to get back to my max's. Also, I'm getting surprisingly tired real quick.

Any tips on "recovery"?

Do we have any bodyweight thread here?

Will cardio help me with "running ants" feel in my leg after taking a shit?

Dumb question, but with intermittent fasting, are you supposed to count the hours you normally sleep (like 12:00 AM to 5 AM) or not?

That's retarded. Foam roll after or on off days

Consistently go to the gym and eat quality food while getting enough rest

wew lad there's nothing wrong with some foamrolling before heavylifting
especially thoracic spine etc
foamrolling isn't the same as static stretching

I have a benign tremor, and my muscles shake slightly every time I use them (arms tremor when using bench press, etc). Will this effect my ability to lift/get big?

you get tingles in your leg after taking a shit (from the pressure?) see a doc

Didn't register in my head that this thread was a QTDDTOT. Anyway:

I'm kind of fat.

My goal: All I want is a none flabby, firm body. And non-visually, I want to have a lot of stamina.

My question: Will doing cardio and eating at a deficit alone be sufficient to achieve this humble goal?

Pic related. Can what Ien tinned be enough to get this from skinny fat?

It's not that bad. It will spike your cortisol and therefore plummet your Test, but it's not like you won't bounce back once you get a good night's sleep.

nah son, lifting is good for you
not so sure about heavy lifting though
maybe stay in 8-12 rep range
does it effect your balance much? do you feel unsure when you bench/etc?

The tremor doesn't really effect my form (I don't think), the only thing I feel unsure about is how little I can bench (55lb)

What kind of warmup routine are you doing? You should do a full body warmup that gets your blood pumping and all your joints loose and relaxed. You also shouldn't let yourself cool down between sets.

If it still hurts, go back down in weight until it doesn't hurt and work your way back up again making sure to put your shoulder through it's full range of motion before and after. You could have a minor muscle tear or something that needs some rehab and you shouldn't push it.

just lift as heavy as you feel sure about
maybe see a sportsphysio about weight training (a proper one that sees a lot of athletes), maybe he has some tips

Thanks

If I'm training to join the military should i be focusing on aerobic or anaerobic cardio? I need to drop a few pounds too

Regular push ups 3xF
Pull ups 3xF
Crunches 3xF
DB sumo squat 3x10

Is this enough to avoid skinny fat when losing weight? It's very minimalist and lazy but what can I say. Is it enough?

>Crunches 3xF
Waste of time. Try planks instead at least.

It is still suggested to do some other types of exercise. Get a good bodyweight program if you don't want to get into lifting.

How many calories do I burn while doing barbell and pullups for 60-70minutes with rest between sets?

Trying to start a cut but got no idea how to count for the lifting.

Aerobic for military, anaerobic of dropping weight. Look at the run times to complete the fitness tests and you have your goal. You need satisfactory to stay in/get past boot camp, but good is what you want to push for.

Well, I think I'm sitting on a vein/artery because as soon I stood up, I got this feel

Try not to do anything to failure, it's not really something to do with physical, it's more mental. When you're going to failure you can usually say "this is fine, I'll stop here", but with set rep numbers you tell yourself you have to push it that extra little bit. Failure is good for a last set.

Plz help /fit.

I've had the herpes for a few years now and I'm in the middle of a severe outbreak. I feel a bit feverish but really want to work out. Sitting at home resting has made me realize that I am completely friendless with no life whatsoever - what should I do? Should I workout and risk getting worse, but curing the feels, or just rest for another week waiting for it to pass wallowing in my suicidal thoughts?

> i b4 kys

eat at a deficit, cardio and bodyweight

How long should I do greyskull? I started with SS last year and memed myself unfit again

Yes you do curls

Don't give advice here anymore.

until it stops working

if you're feverish then working out definitely has the chance of running you deeper into your sickness.

if the only thing you feel you can do/want to do is go to the gym, then you can go but do something different and do it light so you don't impede your recovery from the fever

no idea, nor does anyone else really (with any certainty anyway).

the point of counting calories is more about getting a decent guess, then trial and error while measuring your weight/size/whatever - aim for 1lb/week loss for example, and adjust your diet to achieve that. you won't be able to pinpoint your exact TDEE.

don't expect to be building any significant muscle or reaching any impressive numbers like 3x100 push ups. why not just go to a gym and do a proper routine?

ya

theoretically to a degree. stop taking such long shits

there's sometimes a bwg floating about but theres never anything significant in them - it's just bodyweight training after all :^)

you can just ask questions here

your previous max is no longer your current max. the best way is to ignore those numbers and train for them again like you did before - they'll come back easy.

only in specific cases where you need to release a tight muscle to hit correct positioning is foam rolling beforehand a good idea. otherwise you're better off leaving it as doing too much ends up being detrimental to your lifts

you can foam roll later or on off days.

You don't count. Use a TDEE calculator. Start there. It's only an estimate though. From there, adjust your intake on real world results. You should lose about 1 to 1.5 lbs a week, more if you're fat as fatass. Calculators only get you in the ballpark. If you haven't lost any weight after a few weeks, then your intake is still too high.

Until it stops working despite consistent training and good rest and nutrition.

which were the ratios of the following lifts?

OHP/BP/ROW/SQ/DL
1/2/2.5/3/4?

it can cause injuries if my lifts are unproporcional to this ratios or is just a help?

Where did this 2.5x row come from? The ratios are just rough observations :(agar people end up with. Though the 1 plate ohp is a little low.

i saw the 2.5x row a while ago in some posts but it may be my imagination

Thanks user, will take a rest week so that I don't get more sick. Will read a book and log off of Veeky Forums so I don't get the feels.

anyone have experience with green drink powders as a source of nutrients? they seem like a good idea on paper but I'm looking for some actual feedback. I don't really trust the opinions of websites that review/sell this kind of product. patriots powder green seems like the best product available from what I've seen, any other recommendations?

Should i be worried about salmon mercury poisoning if eat a filet of 3 times a week or even once a day?

Also how much should my diet change between the days i'm lifting and the days i'm not. I'm clean bulking.

Completely unrelated, i know, but is it true that mares have insane muscle control in their vagina? I need to know for...... reasons.

can I do planks everyday?

Doing SL in week 3 and all the lifts are somewhat challenging to my dyel self, but the bench is like nothing as I have done pushups in my lifetime. QUESTION: is it OK to add maybe 10 lbs every bench until the bench "catches up" with the rest in terms of having to exert myself? I have been following the program to the letter so far. Thanks!

absolutely, add weights until all the exercises are equally challenging. but don't ego lift and don't sacrifice good form for that additional 10 lbs

thanks senpai

Thanks. I promise I won't ego lift.

If I can remember correctly
1 x bw OHP
1.5 x bw bench
2 x bw diddy
2.5 x bw atg

Just got back. Adding 10 lbs for a whopping 65 lb bench was still easy, but it wasn't "toss the bar at the ceiling" easy. I think maybe another 10 lbs next time will be good.

And on a side note, today was the first time I didn't need to use the hand rail going down the stairs and my 1/2 mile walk home was almost jaunty instead of limping. I'm sure I haven't put on any muscle in two plus weeks, so are these the "neural gains" I'm hearing about?

Oh, and bonus question: my current days are Sun, Tues, Thurs, and I just obv did Sun. I'll be working late Tues and early Weds, so is it kosher that I push my days to Weds and Fri for this week only? Then I'd go back to Sun, Tues, Thurs the next week. Thanks again!

Take l-lysine

No don't worry about it, you already have it so no point worrying about it now

I need neck gains. I need to thicken up my neck, I already give Blow jobs alot but that's sort of neck cardio

How do I get a bearded lumberjack looking bf if I'm a 5'10" fem twink

My left hand has been hurting since I woke up.
When I woke up, whenever I would squeeze my hand or open it, it would be painful throughout my whole hand. Right now, it doesn't hurt a lot, but the bone towards my thumb hurts and the bridge between my pinky finger and ring finger.
What is the cause of this?
Does it have to do with my wrist injury I got about 3 weeks ago?

Ever since i switched from concentration curls to bb curls, my wrists and forearms have been in so much pain that i'm making wbsokutely no progress in bicep isolation exercises. If anything, i'm regressing.

I'm having issues with pull exercises in general. I was on an upper lower split but recently switched to PPL to see if this would help, but on push day my right forearm literally went numb doing dips. And the next pull day, my right forearm was so shot from bb curls i couldn't effectively finish my workout. Wtf gives?

What brand of protein powder do you guys use?

you are overthinking everything bro

Is there any specific plus to super setting the same muscle group in a fashion where the first workout is heavy with low reps moving to a light weight workout with high reps?
Heavy Arnold Press to Light Lateral Raises
>RUN FORREST RUN

Are you counting the bar

i just worked out for 9 consecutive days and still made progress, can i continue going with no rest days?

i believe my recovery abilities to be almost superhuman, given the rate at which i've recovered from a major injury. doctors kept telling me i was ahead of the curve.

I used to drink a bit of coffee every morning for the boost and because it suppressed my appetite. I'm on a cut now and I liked how I could buzz all morning through lunch on coffee, but my body reacts badly to it (anxiety, shakiness) and I no longer wish to consume coffee. Is there anything else that's a bit of an appetite suppressant that isn't coffee..... or meth?

Is one day of rest alright?

I am on a weird schedule and I'm choosing to go Wednesday-Saturday and I'm only working on upper body at the moment. 2 push and 2 pull days.