Talking to coworker

>talking to coworker
>topic of obese homeless people comes up
>he insinuate it is because they eat shitty food
>I tell him that quality of food means nothing as far as weight goes, and it's all caloric
>"Uh. [long pause]. That isn't true." [smirks]
>We go back to office, he mentions conversation to obese supervisor
>Supervisor, who used to work at an investment bank, agrees with him

Did I fall for a meme or something? Is 1000 calories of saturated fat going to give you more weight than 1000 calories of healthy fat? Am I retarded?

Other urls found in this thread:

authoritynutrition.com/saturated-fat-good-or-bad/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

if you're on a diet with 0 protein you'll build mostly fat with the excess calories because you don't have what is needed to build muscle

this isn't a very realistic scenario however

authoritynutrition.com/saturated-fat-good-or-bad/

>saturated fats
>bad for you

These things only happen when youre an dyel nerd that only knows theory but doesnt turn it into actions.
As soon as you look like you lift, people will take your opinion more serious.

That being said you are right and youre coworkers are idiots like most people

Carbs don't satiate - and in fact as they play hell with insulin levels. If you've been eating bad food for a long time, you'll probably develop insulin resistance as well, which further promotes body fat.

Cheap food almost never has fiber, and has lots of added sugar. Both these add to fat.

Obesity is rapidly becoming a disease of the poor for many reasons.

No unhealthy food usually tends to have higher calories though. But if you're talking about 1000 calories of fast food vs 1000 cals of healthy food the only thing that will differentiate your body composition will be the macros.

You're telling me oats will give me diabeetus?

Cheap good tasting food, that requires little to no prep

3000 calories of refined sugar, white bread, maple syrup and frosting, pop tarts and deep fried french fries

vs

3000 calories of roast chicken, vegetables, beef, pork, lentils, protein pudding(greek yogurt+FOUR SCOOPS)

in a span of 1 year.

Surely the 2 different people will look EXACTLY the same and have EXACTLY the same weight with the same amount of FAT and MUSCLE MASS right?

Do you work in retail?

Are you even close to making it?

Fuck them, they're obviously weak.

that being said, if you eat a bunch of sugar it will be digested differently than the same caloric content of other foods.

Saturated fat isnt bad.

They probably had lifetime of bad diet before they became homeless

If they become diabetic or inflicted with illness/disease, the cost of maintaining a healthy life increases with medical and prescription costs.

The skinny ones are alcoholics

If they're both eating over their TDEE and not exercising then they will both be fat. One will probably feel better than the other. It's not fucking magic. Stop pretending it is.

Talking about just weight though mate. Forget muscle and fat. Just weight

>3000 calories a day
>fat

Pajeet, your 5'4 unwashed ass isn't welcome here.

you could order 40 mcdonalds chicken nuggets a day and still hit all your macros and be healthy. fast food really isnt as shitty as faggots make it out to be

I didn't say anything about 3000k a day making you fat. I said eating over your TDEE and not exercising. Think a little bit before you sperg out and start dropping those sikkkkkkkk meems.

I love how you people never take digestion as a factor of nutrition when its half the equation. Fiber as another user mentioned is highly important to keep a lot of cals moving on through the body and into the toilet where they belong

you listed a bunch of things with little to no protein in them, macronutrients would affect body composition you're right, but not the weight, you would weigh the same. also have to incorporate what kind of physical activity they're doing.

I never understood the poor people have to be obese meme, even if shitty foods were the only ones they could afford (which isn't true), why not just eat half of it then? They act like they can ONLY afford doritos and then they HAVE to eat the entire bag. It's just excuses for them to continue to be the addicts they are, they're like junkies with food, dodging any responsibility.

gr8 b8 m8

Many people believe the calories in vs calories out meme, but this is too simplistic and doesn't reflect the role that different hormones play.

A person's insulin sensitivity will have a huge effect on their fat levels, and eating sugary food regularly plays havoc with insulin resistance.

Calories in vs calories out also doesn't appreciate how differently your body digests 100g of almonds vs 100ml of high fructose corn syrup.

The most ironic thing about 'calories in vs calories out' is that so many on here 'cut' several times a year and experience first hand how your body can cease losing fat despite you eating the correct number of calories for it to mathematically do so.

There won't be any difference between 1000 kcals of saturated fats and 1000 kcals of unsaturated fats, however there will be a difference between 1000 kcals of protein and 1000 kcals of fats.
Also you should really do a little research on lipids in general an learn why "healthy fats" is a misguided term.

there won't be any difference in weight loss
source: me loosing 55kg

S A T I E T Y
A
T
I
E
T
Y