ACCUTANE

Can we have an ACCUTANE thread

I'm almost done month two and already pleasantly surprised with my bacne completely gone. No sides other than dry skin and lips, one nosebleed. Any other fitizens on? do you feel your lifts are suffering while on?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/RCM4m
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3746236/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Was on it when taking roids. Makes my shoulder ache too much.

Orals? or just injectables, I'm not even drinking for fear of liver shit

Holy tits is that you? That's fucking improvement

On last month easing off with minimum dosage. No more acne, but the scarring and hyperpigmentation looks just as bad.

uh oh roidrage, calm down user

Nah not me, just illustrates how magic the drug is

How many months in total man? have you looked into derma rolling afterwards? I think im going to have bad scarring so am leaning towards that option

My mom doesn't want to schedule me a dermatologist appointment for my acne reeeee.
I still live here so that I wouldn't have to do this shit for myself, what doesn't she understand‽

Go to a GP and get a referral lad

Had same problem when I started seeing acne go away after using tazorac (basically same thing as accutane but topical). Hyper pigmentation and light scars go away in 3-4 months if you use a light topical retinoid after. Hang in there bro

Witnessed.
Since November 17th so about 7 months - 2 of which were with antibiotics that really fucked me up. And yeah, I've been looking into it, doctor said not to much to it though, and definitely not while I'm on the meds becuase it might just make it worse.

>mfw on month 1 and a half
>mfw at a club buzzed and plan on drinking more
Dont worry bros you can drink i took the risk and my blood tests came out good... i see improvement and what not

This is crazy. If I was this guy I don't think I would have even made it to the accutane treatment, I would have offed myself before then

imgur.com/a/RCM4m

The shit fucked me up, senpai. Was on it for 7 months, cleared my acne and made my skin less oily, but god damn does the constant joint pain since getting off get annoying. Played lacrosse during taking it and took forever for injuries to heal...other than that, it was the worst 7 months I had to endure. My initial breakout lasted almost the entire tenure...only really clearing up in the final month.

breh, my cheeks were worse than that guy's. Life moves on...just fuck acne tho.

jesus christ, did you drink enoigh water during your treatment? and take fish oil tablets? I had bad joint pain for like the first 4 days then just drank heaps of water and have been fine for 2 months

i drank on accutane it was fine... just dont be a fucking retard

Yes sir. Never drank either, but a negative to the fish oil tablets. It's one of the permanent side effects of the drug, but to be honest, I lucked out. Crohn's disease and other inflammatory bowel diseases are side effects of the medication as well...If you guys are considering accutane, please make sure it's literally your last resort. I tried everything to make my acne go away, and the only thing left standing was the heavy drug itself. They fucking make you get monthly blood tests while you're on it for fucks sake. Don't be a fucking faggot and jump on it. If you have mild acne, just wash your face twice a day with a mild soap or any big market acne washes and apply benzoyl peroxide at night before bed. Literally works for most people.

>If you have mild acne, just wash your face twice a day with a mild soap or any big market acne washes and apply benzoyl peroxide at night before bed
Doesn't work for me at all. It's like my acne just completely ignores the fact that I'm putting medicated topical creams and face wash on it (both salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide). I've yet to try clindamycin, but I honestly just want to get on Accutane and be fucking done with it. I've had acne for the past few years now and am sick of it.

Eh, there's Retin-A., doxycycline, and some other shit that's faded to memory that you could try...but if you said for years, I imagine you've more than likely tried them as well. I wish you the best of luck, sir. Acne was the worst experience of my life, and accutane served only to exacerbate that experience for a few months, but it eventually ended. My confidence and life has been much better ever since, and I hope you get to experience the same.

accutane downregulates the gene maintaining the oil gland. i jumped on it because i had mild acne but im genetically prone to extreme post inflamatory hyperpigmentation. im talking black marks on white skin lasting for years without fading. it permanently shrank all my pore and the increased amount of skill turnover literally pushed off all the pigmentation and any scars i had. with mild acne you see results almost immediately. within the first month my skin looked perfect. but my derm made me stay on for 7 because she said at that point there was a chance to permanently cure my acne. its been years now and i haven't gotten a single pimple since. it also had the funny effect of thickening my hair, but i've read that if you're prone to hair loss from an oily scalp, it fixes that issue. but i was lucky and had mild side effects save for horrible fatigue.

in short, give accutane a try even with mild acne. if you respond well after a month, keep going. if not then stop.

Never taken it, tried every other oral and topical treatment possible though.

Had it since 13, and almost 28 now. Not nearly as bad as your pic, but It's gotten a bit better after no dairy, changing pillowcases every other day, using a gentle cleanser like cerave 2x a day, a salicylic acid moisturizer 2x a day and spot treating with benzoyl peroxide 10% cream.

Acne really blows, I was hoping I would have outgrown it by now. Accutane scares me and it's not bad enough anymore compared to 13-21yo me. If it's your last resort, good luck.

I'm meeting my dermatologist next month to talk about it

Do they still require you to get monthly blood tests or is that just for the high doses?

Only thing I'm worried about is the possible joint pain.

Derma rolling professionally or the home treatment? I've been looking into the latter, but does it really help? Anyone have experience with derma rolling?

i learned from one of my undergrad classes that topical retinoids work by making your skin slough off faster, giving ideally new perfect skin. they don't absorb well enough to sustain (this was the key thing the prof said) a high enough concentration to cause permanent down regulation of genes responsible for oil production. new generation retinoids especially have horrible absorption. they can't penetrate the epidermis (see adapalene). that's why some people have a poor response to topicals if their oil glands are on overdrive.

Naw, nigga. I'm glad it cured your acne, but the side effects run too large to prescribe it to individuals with mild acne. (Your case is different tho, I understand why you jumped on it) My dermatologist agreed, his colleagues agreed, many dermatologist giving advice online agree, and most people on Acne.org who experienced accutane would agree. It's not a light drug, and it can fuck you up, senpai. I'd just rather not read any more horror stories about the side effects of Accutane. Fuck the emotionally volatile side effect stories tho. I don't believe them to be true, and there are many articles online disproving them, so don't let that be a factor in your decision.

That's pretty much why it didn't work for me. My skin was on oil-overdrive...it only succeeded in drying the shit out of my skin, making me look worse, and giving me more acne.

Yeah blood tests are mandatory, just drink a lot of water and take fish oil tablets

I've looked into at home version, professional just seems like an expensive version by a qualified person that essentially does the same job

lmao my doctor is a joke, when i asked about blood tests he said "it doesn't matter, the chance of something going wrong is too small for the inconvenience". i like my doctor for the bants he will probably end up killing me by accident.

there is no regulated training for the """"""professional"""""""" version. i've watched youtube videos and its the most sloppy looking thing ever. you're best off using pubmed to look at studies and buying a roller for 5$ on amazon.

off topic but microneedling is great for drug absorption. ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3746236/

theres pictures of bald guys regrowing the hairline of a 16 year old on minoxidil.

>imgur.com/a/RCM4m
holy pizza face

Do you guys think accutane would help pic related?

jesus christ dude if thats you im sorry. See a dermatologist.

of course