>ALL CARBS ARE SHIT
>vs
>Whole grain carbs are ok

Can we clear this up?
Is brown rice ok or not?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zTuK6QKBvcc.
youtu.be/4aFxzAZdv7Y
preventcancer.aicr.org/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=7499&news_iv_ctrl=0&abbr=res_
health.harvard.edu/diseases-and-conditions/glycemic_index_and_glycemic_load_for_100_foods
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Noone sensible would say all carbs are shit

This doesn't need "clearing up". Youre just a fucking spastic mate

Not baiting or anything, but I've read plenty of plans that advice to cut all carbs out of your diet (any type of bread, cereal, brown/white rice)

Carbs are great though. If you fell for the carbophobia meme, I feel bad for you and your arteries. Refined grains are not that bad as long as you eat enough veggies, fruits and legumes to get your micronutrients in.

Bran is 50% insoluble fiber which really only has a slight laxative effect and doesn't do much else in terms of health. The germ is more interesting, but again it's nothing you couldn't get elsewhere. Entire populations live and have lived successfully on diets based on white rice, refined wheat, pearled barley, hulled millet and other refined grains, without developing obesity and diabetes like Westerners do on their high-fat diets.

That's because diet plans are usually meant for 40 year old housewives who have no self-control whatsoever, so telling them to avoid all carbs works out better than telling them to avoid sugar.

In the end it doesn't really matter as they'll just fail either way, but, you know... it's the thought that counts.

Try avoiding all carbs and see how much energy you have. It's obviously healthy for you.

Absolutely moronic meme that shifts the scale quickly because you lose a ton of water weight stored in your muscles as glycogen. Carbs are the bodies number one source of energy and are the best way of giving yourself the energy you need to smash some fucking weights around. Whole grain is indeed better for the most part, however even simple sugars can be used as preworkout energy stuff. I still eat a jam/honey sandwich before gym every so often.

Try not being dumb as fuck

>housewives are posting on Veeky Forums

"There's one thing about brown rice that makes it particularly problematic and that's the presence of phytic acid, a compound located in the rice bran – the part that gives brown rice its color. Phytic acid, quite simply, grabs on to or chelates minerals, in addition to inhibiting enzymes we need to digest food. This results in making many of the coveted nutrients largely unavailable for digestion.

That's why white rice, despite decades of propaganda, is often a superior food, especially for athletes. White rice is fortified with vitamins (digestible ones) and isn't associated with food allergies, bloating, or any other digestive problems often associated with grains in general."

Carbs are only bad when cutting. It's so much easier to eat less if you cut back on them.

Or you could not be a moron and actually know what you eat

This dense thinking has spawned the carbs are bad meme

every single intelligent and useful human being with access to carbs eats carbs

Thats fucking retarded. Were those from keto/paleo blogs?

whole grain carbs = shitloads of glycogen.
Glycogen in muscles = strength.

No carbs = no glycogen = less strength.

Brown rice usually tests for higher levels of arsenic, pesticide and other heavy metals than white so buy organic and wash it first before cooking.

The main advantage is a little extra fiber so my opinion is that you should pick what you like.

My diet is full of carbs and not that "healthy" (pic related) and I still have great cardio-vascular health and my blood test come back top notch. It's about moderation and balance not fads like nocarb or paleo or whatever the fuck.

Some foods are shit and need to be cut out (margarine, anything deep-fried,) though.

>natural peanut butter
????

>This delusion

I bet your Trigs are above 100.

Come on son, most doctors these days are still using shit biased criteria from the 1970's.

That's why despite the saturated fat is bad meme and the le take these Statins for le bad lDL meme more and more people are still dying from heart disease.

Open your eyes, user.

I'm not going to waste my energy arguing with you on fat vs cabs. Do you, boo-boo.

Peanut butter without added corn syrup, a shit ton of sugar etc.

What delusion? That eating in moderation and not radically restricting your diet is good for your health? Where did I say that eating saturated fats or dietary cholesterol within reason is bad? Trans fats on the other hand are utter shit, no one can convince me otherwise.

Let's actually hear what science has to say about carbs and how much of them do you need: youtu.be/zTuK6QKBvcc.

Proof: youtu.be/4aFxzAZdv7Y

>cutting out carbs

Veeky Forums in a nutshell
>absolutism
>carbs versus no carbs
Why not realize that if your daily carb intake was balanced and that your choice of carb within that balance was -mostly- fibrous carbs then *any* carb would be OK in moderation?

Fuck off, Chad.

Logic? On MY /fat/?!

That video said nothing about white rice being better than brown, just white rice not being the problem of higher rates of diabetes.

Exactly. That's what the guy I quoted was arguing and I just wanted to provide evidence. By the way, I also posted a link to a video that examines the effects of low carb diets on arterial health, which I think is far more important.

I did Keto for a few months last year.
Lost weight but gained it back mostly. Could not work out at all during that time. I felt like 20g carb per day was too hard to stay under.
There are plenty of stories from people counting calories and losing weight that you should believe it's all you have to do
Keto isn't some magic trick.

To answer OP... Eat basmati rice it's lower on the GYcemic index

it's pretty hard lifting on a keto. I've noticed if i eat a banana an hour before the gym some energy comes through while im lifting.

>Can we clear this up?

Okay. The guy saying "all carbs of shit" is a sensationalist idiot who doesn't know what they're talking about. The guy saying "whole grain carbs are okay" has some understanding of nutrition.

Carbs aren't bad, in and of themselves. It's SUGAR, specifically, that's bad.

The whole point of keto/low carb/Atkins/South Beach/whatever you want to call it (they are all basically the same) is to break your literal sugar addiction, and then have you slowly re-introduce OTHER carbs back into your diet as you re-learn how to eat correctly.

Phytic acid is one of the reasons brown rice is healthier though. Phytic acid, rather than fiber, is probably why whole grains lower your risk of colon cancer, since it has strong antioxidant and anti-tumor properties.

preventcancer.aicr.org/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=7499&news_iv_ctrl=0&abbr=res_

it is probably mostly true.

I have after a long stretch of a high fat diet transitioning to a high protein moderate fat low carb had to bring in grains like wheat and whole grain breads for bowel assistance.. was constipated all the time .

Movements are better but fat came along for the ride.. now I;m back on the EC stack and all its psychosis inducing frenzy..

my body is literally my worst enemy.

High glycemic loads are bad for you and cutting out carbs is an easy way to increase your deficit on a cut. Complex carbs are generally good for you and simple carbs are generally bad for you. That's literally all there is to it.

There are a billion and a half people who eat probably 50 percent calories from carbs (Asia) and they are skinny as fuck.

Inuits eat nearly no carbs and they are fat as fuck.

Don't fall for the meme.

>lists a YouTube link as "proof"
And there goes all credibility you may of had, down the toilet

I read a plan where you eat three cookies a day and that's it. Should I cut out all non-cookie foods out of my diet?

Sweet potato has a higher glycemic load than a coca cola. What a load of bullshit.

Glycemic index != glycemic load you incel

>may of

health.harvard.edu/diseases-and-conditions/glycemic_index_and_glycemic_load_for_100_foods

Look for yourself. GI and GL are pretty much useless.

Carbs are the primary energy source of primates you fucking mongoloid. GI doesn't matter at all. Eat your rice and bread and pasta and fruit, and stop getting dietary advice from blogs.

>Come on son, most doctors these days are still using shit biased criteria from the 1970's.

Yes, they should elect you as the head of all cardiovascular science. Mainstream scientists don't have a clue what they're doing and you're super smart.

High glycemic loads and spikes of blood sugar and/or insulin are not in fact bad for anyone. The glycemic index was originally developed for the application in diabetes, then it was hijacked by anti-carb pro-fat morons, people like David Ludwig plus the entire paleo/fatkins crowd.

They are pushing dumb notions, firstly the idea that states of high blood sugar in healthy people cause diabetes, which is entirely false. Diabetes is caused by several factors, but dietary factors include high fat intakes and lack of protective factors in the diet (veggies etc.). High glycemic loads do not cause diabetes - endurance athletes have massive glycemic loads and it's not a problem.

Secondly, that high GI foods lead to less prolonged satiety, which was never shown in studies - it has no effect on satiety. In fact, potatoes are known to be one of the most satiating foods per calorie, yet potatoes have an incredibly high GI.

Other people still push the mythology that high insulin states lead to obesity, which is, of course, nonsense. Humans have been eating starches for hundreds of thousands of years with no epidemics of diabetes or obesity. The populations that are still lean and non-diabetic today are poorer societies with starch-based high glycemic load diets (rice, potatoes, plantains, bread, etc.).

What anti-carb clowns have realized is that by ranking food according to GI/GL, all of their trash foods appears to be more healthy from a certain perspective. So a fatty burger with butter and lettuce is now great for you because your blood sugar doesn't rise, whereas eating a steamed fucking potato or a banana is going to send you to the hospital with prediabetes.

No no no you don't get it man, this blog I read tells me otherwise. Doctors are just Jewish lizard men who want me to get AIDS cancer so that I can pay them for treatment.

sure is 1970's in here

I agree

>organic, free-range eggs (best)
>significantly better than just "eggs" (fair)

Top notch Whole Foods quality advertising going on.

Our bodies can make glycogen with fat through a process called gluconeogenesis.

>carbs
>be afraid
>they're all around you

carbs = evil

except for bananas and low carbs veggies and stuff

nuts and other things have a decent amount too

Paleo ftw

I avoid bread only because it so high in calories

>gluten literally kills me
>it's everywhere
what to do famalam

So no oatmeal, vegetables, fruit, potatoes, legumes, corn, peas? Because those are carbs.

Carbs turn into sugar in your body

It's not really that much better in that regard. But there are other nutrients in carbs at least

i like psaghetti

They can make some glucose with the glycerol backbone of fats, but in humans this isn't even enough to provide the TCA cycle enough anaplerotic substrate to suppress ketogenesis, nonetheless support glycogen synthesis.

>Carbs turn into sugar in your body
>It's not really that much better in that regard

That's because your body uses glucose for energy. Things like the rate at which the glucose enters your bloodstream and the nutrients and antioxidants packaged with the food are what makes the difference.

you can cut them all out for weight loss but you won't enjoy it very much

>ALL CARBS ARE a valuable source of energy