Going to gym every day?

Hey Veeky Forums, I go to the gym every day for 1,5 to 3 hours. Is this healthy/safe? People are telling me I am exaggerating and I need to slow down, but I'd rather overtrain than undergain. I have yet to discover any negative health effect. ( I do 10-20 minutes of cardio and all other time is spent on weight training)

Do you have a good training scheme?

Yes, I divide days into muscle groups and do a full body workout twice a week.

no

do ss, sl 5x5 or jason blaha 5x5

You're making Rich proud. Whatever it takes.

Over training IS under gaining . If you're pushing it too hard, you won't recover properly, and hence won't be able to add weight or reps, and eventually you'll regress.

Dude this is why credible people like ripptoe recommend full body three days a week.

You can go to 6 days a week but you'd have to be doing something like push pull legs, giving each muscle time to recover .

You wouldn't want to go to failure on all sets doing a 6 day a week. You'd fry your CNS.

Just do your own research , look up credible lifters . Look into credible programs

Sounds like your on a typical brosplit. Not a bad idea. I'd switch over to a PPLxPPL routine. You can do some cardio, abs, grip work, or something on that off day if you still want to go 7 days a week.

But if your enjoying yourself, aren't burn't out, and are making gains. Then I don't see a problem with it. Too many lazy motherfuckers in this thread. You do you man.

>"people with years of experience in this field tell me I'm training wrong"
>"but my intuition is almighty so fuck what they tell me"

You sound like you're either a conceited cunt or a teenager.

There's two things wrong with training every day:
1) You'll burn out physically and mentally. Even some of the strongest dudes I know who spend their lives in the gym have at least 1-2 rest days during the week. And if you keep this up, I gaurentee you'll want to skip one day and when you do, you'll lose motivation because you will not have "stuck to the plan". That's why you have to have pre-set rest days, because you'll fucking need them
2) it's unnesecary. Look at tried and true programs: SS, SL, ICF, Greyskull, Texas Method, Candito's LP, Candito's 6 Week, etc. NONE of these have you working out every day. And no other program will have you working out 7 days a week. It's cause it's fucking ridiculous to not give your body any rest, and you don't need this much weight training to make strength gains. Even if you don't feel the fatigue now, you fucking will. And when you do, you'll fall off the ball

Jesus fucking Christ, why don't you people just read about the subject, holy shit. It's not that hard. I read, I got educated, and chose a 4x per week program and made great strength gains (i.e. squat went from 135 to 275). Just be fucking smart OP

>falling for the overtraining meme
if you break let's say 30,000 muscle fibres you won't regenerate any less than if you break 15,000
don't be stupid

>You'd fry your CNS.

sure it is but but it depends on you, your programming, intensity, nutrition etc

OP here, I know my body needs rest but I don't train the same muscle groups on consecutive days

I train mon-fri with specific groups mon-wed and compounds Thursday and Friday

i did try this on my bulk , 6.3 235 lbs eating 4k to 5k cals a day, doing push and pull with cardio everyday for 1.5 hours and sleeping around 7 hours , after a month and a half my strength plateau and my recovery started to take longer despite eating alot of protein , i did got to 225 bench touching chest x6 , 225 atg squat x6 , ohp 135 x3 , p-row 165x5 , dl 405 x3 , run one mile under 10 min , my next bulk is on a month so im gonna try having a rest day on wed to max my recovery

What the fuck do you even do all that time?
Also can you post a pic of yourself? Im not gonna be a dick or anything. Im honestly curious what type of physique this builds.

Going with the flow is great. Depends on your goals too. By lifting everyday you are throwing away many variables from the equation of what makes you progress and you can really discover how your particular body works best.

I lift everyday but my workouts are basically just 6-7 sets of squats. Another day maybe 6-7 sets of benchpress only. Some days i do add an accessory 3x10 real quick.

I just like going to the gym and seeing my friends. Also I cant gain strength unless i devour 6-7k cal food daily so i cant do that atm, so this fits my goals of maintenance.

Its something everyone should try once. It will definitely increase your endurance and daily recovery speeds.

Dude, why though? You're not gaining any faster, you're just wasting your time.

I see shit like this all the time at my gym. Guys who come in do a shitty routine for 3 hours, don't get any results since instead of lifting heavy focusing on progressive overload they do 10 different exercises hitting the same muscle group. Then they get discouraged and stop coming.

I'm doing PPL because I have nothing better to do. I hate rest days, at least while I'm working out I don't have to think.

>brosplit

You're not going to make good progress.

You are probably not training hard enough if you can go everyday.
After a while you'll feel the negative effects on gains and strength and will finally realize how idiotic you are.
But c'mon kids like you get all hyped up, go to the gym for a couple of months and never come back.

> go to the gym every day for 1,5 to 3 hours.
If you are actually working out during this time, then that's pretty ambitious/impressive, but you may be overtraining as some anons suggest by doing it
If you are just doing a couple sets inbetween 15 minute rests browsing your phone like all the teenagers I see do, then get the fuck out of my gym you annoying shits

Are you on gear? If yes, then this is fine. If no, then just have a light cardio day once a week