2 weeks in, started @ 250lbs 6'0, the scale isn't changing, came in today AGAIN at 250lbs

2 weeks in, started @ 250lbs 6'0, the scale isn't changing, came in today AGAIN at 250lbs

what the fuck am I doing wrong?

I'm eating ~2k calories a day and getting at least 20 minutes cardio in, as well as lifting with a dumbbell program

Other urls found in this thread:

muscleandstrength.com/workouts/frankoman-dumbbell-only-split.html
muscleandstrength.com/workouts/frankoman-dumbbell-only-split.html).
youtube.com/watch?v=g-PBGCIVAgg
muscleandstrength.com/exercises/dumbbell-squat.html
muscleandstrength.com/exercises/squat.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You eat more than 2k calories, start weighting food and calculating calories properly

my breakfast/lunch is protien shakes and a few pieces of fruit, hard to miscount that

Dinner has usually been I eat canned pinto beans, rice, grilled chicken and a few tortillas every meal

I promise you I'm not over-eating or going very far over 2k

o-okay... thanks...

can anyone give me any idea what's going wrong?

What is your TDEE?
Also 2 weeks is kinda short to see changes, although staying the absolute same weight seems odd too...
[spoiler]What manga is that from?[/spoiler]

much higher, which is why I'm pretty concerned there's something wrong with me.

I SHOULD be able to lose weight @ 2.8k cals, but I've gone a step further to try to speed up the process @ 2k, and still haven't seen shit.

drink more water, and do more cardio

what good does posting your body do? do you think people can give liposuction through the computer?

it's only been 2 weeks you fuck
give it some more time, if another 2 weeks pass and you still haven't lost anything then recheck on what you're eating aka buy a fucking food scale because you can't count

>expecting a change in 2 weeks
>eating 2k while trying to loose weight
>thinks 20min of cardio and lifting babby weights once per week is going to get you results
>didn't read the sticky
I see the problem. You're a fucking retard.

cuz why not, and stop saying I haven't been counting correctly, I have, deal with it faggot

I'm lifting 40-60lbs following this:
muscleandstrength.com/workouts/frankoman-dumbbell-only-split.html

on rest-days I do 40 lbs

2 weeks should be plenty to at least see a change, no?

>on rest-days I do 40 lbs
on rest days I do 40mins of cardio*

2 weeks in is kinda short to start worrying user. Give it some time. Also name of the semen demon?

Alright I'll give it another 2 weeks, I'm just concerned given the amount of effort I've put in, I should see some results on the scale.

>effort

lmao please kill yourself
you haven't done jack shit it's been 2 fucking weeks

6'1", I was about 240lbs when I started working out 6 days a week, lifting for 3, running for 3. In 2 weeks I lost 15-20lbs. I know that's too fast but I'm having a hard time building up an appetite for more calories.
Maybe you aren't putting in as much effort as you think you are

I am, trust... as sadfag as this sounds, I legitimately think I might have a undiagnosed condition keeping me from losing fat.

the wrestling cutting diet is 6oz of chicken breast and water, if you really wanna lose weight just do that bro

see a doctor if you truly believe it

Ready sticky, autistically count calories, work out more, and don't watch any more anime.

What the fuck why. Your body is gonna look awful if you use the same weight for every single exercise. Just get a god damn gym membership and do SL for ~6 months.

Friend let me tell you a little story.

In the past 2 months I've lost 25lbs.

It takes time and effort.

2K calories is close to maintenance you need to google you calorie intake for losing weight. There's plenty of sites that can get you your info.

I went from 185 to 160 (Currently)

Goal is 150 then bulk will start.

We're all gonna make it brah.

If I get a gym membership I'm afraid I won't be consistent enough,

having to...
>get dressed
>get in car
>drive to gym (10 minutes away)
>start lifting
>feel self-conscious around fit people because I'm basically obese
>get in car
>drive home

is much more involved process than:
>pull out dumbbells & bench from closet
>start lifting

>not gonna make it
it's okay pal, you could always try to love yourself the way you are

>you can't go from 0 to 100 in the matter of a week? not gonna make it

pls

Having to do all the things you don't want to do builds character because you are willing yourself to overcome your base lazy nature.

Individually, let's address these:
>get dressed
You don't have to wear a three piece suit to a gym only to change into gym clothes. Wear your shitty clothes in, then change afterward.
>get in car
Jesus christ that's not even a real complaint.
Use that time to get pumped about your workout. Use that time to envision all the improvements you're going to make. Use that time for meditation. Shit, get a book on tape and listen to it on your drive. At least you have a fucking car and don't have to wait for a bus.
>start lifting
You'd be doing this anyway.
>feel self-conscious around fit people because I'm basically obese
You have value as a human being regardless of what other people think. You know you are making the change. If you want to use your self-consciousness as a reason to fail then you will fail.
>get in car
What, you're not going to change your clothes? I hope you don't plan on selling that vehicle cause it's going to smell like sweaty ballsack.
>drive home
And feel good about stepping out of your comfort zone and confronting your fears.

Cut. Cut F****ING HARD.
Take you bodyweight and mult it by 0.8 if more sedentary or by 1 if hitting weights harder.

Take macros and make protein about 45-50%
Begin cutting at around 1000-1200 kcals/day.

That scale WILL fucking move.

Are you weighing yourself the same time every week?

>all this shit

I'm playing for the long-term, if you think it's reasonable for someone in my situation (fat, weak and sedentary lifestyle for years) to start committing to the gym, you're absolutely insane and have no business trying to motivate people or give life-advice.

Play for the long-term.

it's all about attitude and dedication,
>not willing to drive to the gym
you are not gonna make it, its okay pal.

Once I cap out my my dumbbell rod (80lbs each, 160lbs total) on each core lift, I will start attending the gym.

can I make it now?

You're not taking into account that you're making excuse after excuse as to why you're going to fail.

Successful people don't do that. They find reasons to succeed.

Motivate you? No, I'm trying to talk some goddamn sense into you.

>i'm too weak willed to make a change
>WERz MUH GAINz

If you're being sincere, what exactly am I doing that is setting me up for failure?

What am I losing by NOT going to the gym? I have a 2x dumbbell rods that can be capped to 80lbs, a very nice bench, and a pull-up bar.

I would add in more cardio, maybe 30 instead of 20. Try eating at a higher defecit. I can guatentee that you're not breaking the laws of physics.

you think you're not losing weight because of a medical condition.
stop making excuses.
Either work harder, or eat less.

You criticizing his advice from your position like that makes you sound delusional. Just make the changes you, I, and the rest of us know you need to make and stick with them.

"play for the long term"

>hurr durr wai no results in 2 weeks muh genetics

>20 minute cardio + baby weights
>3600 kcal
My fucking sides.
Eat 1500 kcal/day, do at least one hour of 60% max heart rate cardio every day if you want to lose weight.

when I eat at a deficit, as well as add cardio + weight lifting into my weekly goals, what else can I assume? It's a little disheartening to not see a number change on the scale (albeit I feel much better) when I have put in so much effort (in comprehension to the previous 2 weeks)

People are not robots, you need to set realistic goals... lifting/bodybuilding is a new hobby of mine and by far isn't a primary focus in my life.

I'm going to give it another 2 weeks before I visit the doctor, we'll see what happens.

He's trying to get me to commit to a longer process for the same effect as lifting at home-- I JUST NEED TO BE CONSISTENT with it to succeed, and as I get more advance I can go lift with the big boys.

fuck off retard

I'm going to switch to 1800 and see what I get

>He's trying to get me to commit to a longer process for the same effect as lifting at home-- I JUST NEED TO BE CONSISTENT with it to succeed, and as I get more advance I can go lift with the big boys.

not how it works

a lot of people are afraid of going to the gym until they've lost enough weight, but the thing is if you don't lift heavy (more heavy than 40-60lbs...) then you will lose more muscle during your weightloss than if you have lifted and will delay losing the fat that you want to

whelp, refer to:
As a novice, I see absolutely nothing to gain by going to the gym given my current setup.

>but the thing is if you don't lift heavy (more heavy than 40-60lbs...) then you will lose more muscle during your weightloss than if you have lifted and will delay losing the fat that you want to
oh and the thing is I am physically not capable of doing more than this right now for most lifts, and when I am I have plates that will up my dumbbell weight

When I reach the wall, trust me I will go to the gym.

it's not what you're going to gain, but what you're going to prevent losing.

let me tell you how weightloss works

you lose fat. this reduces your overall percentage of bodyfat to muscle. this is what makes you look better.

or, you lose fat/a lot of muscle, and your bodyfat percentage stays the same, and you just end up looking like a weaker, softer version of your still fat self.

I've gone through the same thing you have dude. It isn't about losing weight, it's about losing bodyfat

db compounds aren't as good as barbell ones

>It isn't about losing weight, it's about losing bodyfat
I'm aware brah, that's why I've made my diet close to 40/30/30, and I've started a dumbbell routine (muscleandstrength.com/workouts/frankoman-dumbbell-only-split.html).

>db compounds aren't as good as barbell ones
I'm sure they aren't, but I'm fairly confident I'm giving my novice muscles enough resistance to preserve as much as possible as I transition out of obese mode.

>what the fuck am I doing wrong?
Lying, for one.
CICO you fat piece of shit.

Okay, well what he's saying is you might not be going down in weight because you are losing fat and gaining muscle at the same time. You're not going to see a noticeable change for a long time because there is a lot of fat covering any muscle.

if you've never lifted before, and you actually did that full workout plan twice already, chances are high the scale didn't change because you saw muscle gains

"but how did i gain muscle on a cut???"
youtube.com/watch?v=g-PBGCIVAgg

you're doing fine, keep going... start to worry after 3 more weeks

that's not what I'm saying at all. you don't gain muscle on a caloric deficit.

Yes you can. It depends on what the state of your body is currently in.

no, you can't. you can gain some 'noobgains', but that's not muscle gain. that's just getting a pump for the first time in your life and gaining a bit of muscle glycogen, plus the fact that you're now lifting consistently for the first time in ever means that you're going to be maintaining a new constant pump. It isn't muscle gain, and the muscle glycogen gained by a dumbbell workout isn't going to be anywhere near dramatic enough to cover up any loss on the scale that he SHOULD be seeing if his diet is on point

Huh, I guess I'll have to do some reading on that. But if that's the case then yea I guess OP is just eating like a whale

lul

no
maybe, but I'm skeptical of that
>gained by a dumbbell workout
OH it's the dumbbells, if I was doing a barbell routine it would be possible? Get the barbell cock out of your mouth m8, there are absolutely no downside to a novice starting with barbells

nope

eat clean train hard and the results will come.

disregard this

>gained by a dumbbell workout
OH it's the dumbbells, if I was doing a barbell routine it would be possible? Get the barbell cock out of your mouth m8, there are absolutely no downside to a novice starting with dumbbells

will do m8

>OH it's the dumbbells, if I was doing a barbell routine it would be possible? Get the barbell cock out of your mouth m8, there are absolutely no downside to a novice starting with barbells
stfu op. God damn. If you know it all already, stop coming to Veeky Forums. Or post your Zyzz/10 pics. Oh, what's that? You're a tub of lard trying to make excuses for yourself and discounting the opinions of others more experienced than you?

Fucking hopeless. Go cram a twinkie in your gob fatty fat fat.

...except there is. a man of your weight could easily be squatting 225 for reps soon after starting. however you're gonna lose weight while doing fuckall to maintain the muscle that you have and will look like a plastic bag when you're done

>blah blah blah I'm a mad little bitch, I have to go to the gym so you should too
K E K
E
K

I will go to the gym when there's a reason to go to the gym.

I could barely do 4x 12/10/10/8 dumbbell squats with 60lbs, the prospect of me hitting a 225 squat anytime this year is off.

AGAIN once I outgrow my dumbbells, I'll be hitting the gym.

How about you outgrow your defeatist attitude. You're never going to fit outside your door again you tub of lard. Just fucking accept that as soon as you "outgrow" your dumbbells it means you've gotten so big you could swallow them whole and not even notice.

Fatty McFat fat.

>i'm so lazy i won't go to the gym
>why can't i lose weight?
o boy am i mad

>How about you outgrow your defeatist attitude.
My goals are realistic, based in reality-- if my strength gains exceed my expectations I will surely hit the gym & start squatting 2pl.

>Fatty McFat fat.
yeah that's why I made this thread

stay mad

make sure u drinking enough water OP like 3 liters a day. You need that water to get your bowels moving and shit out your shit. Mix in walking and squats to help with that.

dumbbell squats aren't the same as bb squats. none of the weights/exercises you perform with db are comparable to exercises you can do with a barbell.

stay fat

muscleandstrength.com/exercises/dumbbell-squat.html

Main Muscle Group:
Quads

muscleandstrength.com/exercises/squat.html

Main Muscle Group:
Quads

kek

how fucking close did you want your gym to be

barbell is easier because the weight is mainly resting on your shoulders and backs. With the dumbbells your arms and shoulders have to hold the weight which gasses them quickly making the exercise much harder after few sets.

that doesn't mean jack shit. you might not know this since you've never lifted but just lifting more weight is more beneficial to muscle training, and that you can do much more weight with barbells than the combined weight of the dumbbells you're lifting. I'm done trying to help you though, apparently you know more about lifting and losing weight than I do, even though you've never stepped into a gym to lift in your life and you're 250lbs. Good luck.

>I'm done trying to help you though, apparently you know more about lifting and losing weight than I do
I know more about what's going to work for me... what I'm far more likely to stick with.

One of those things is being able to lift in the comfort and privacy of my own home.

It's challenging enough right now, believe me... in 3 months I can reevaluate my lifting program and see if a gym membership will be beneficial. At the moment I see absolutely no reason to go as a weak fat blob when I have a perfectly good dumbbell set, up to a total of 160lbs / adjustable bench / pull-up bar at my disposal.