Is discipline innate or can it be trained?

is discipline innate or can it be trained?

because guys, I have absolutely no discipline, not just in fitness/food, but my entire life...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/L7wQSFSDR_4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Cold shower every morning

Nofap (if just for the dis inline boost)

No electronics at night (or use f.lux or something)

If you eat junk food going low carb helps a ton once you're used to it.

Build habits

>cold showers
this

start with small things, gradually add more "good for you but unpleasant" things to your life

Just make things a habit. There's no 'discipline'.

Both, if you're attempting to train yourself to be disciplined; try to imagine a big ass stop sign when you see something shitty you want to eat.

S-T-O-P

Over and over until you get the message.

If you're still struggling with eating shitty food, just eat it. The only difference is eat it naked in front of a mirror. I'm sure you'll starting finding some discipline soon.

The potential for discipline is innate, so to say. There are disorders of self-control that make it pretty much impossible to develop discipline, the most common of which are ADHD and autism spectrum.

Flux is probably one of the most useless shit pile programs ever. Why would I want to spend hours half the time of my computer looking at a piss yellow tint screen.

Elliot Hulse nigga

youtu.be/L7wQSFSDR_4

>Can discipline be trained?

A fundamental question, isn't it. Yes it can be trained, and it separates great men from great failures.

I focus on not being bored. If I'm not bored, I won't eat food to pass the time.

>i tried it once and thought it turned too yellow and didnt like it

you know after like 15 minutes of using it on the highest setting you can hardly notice it

>ADHD
what do if you think you have ADHD but too scared to go to a doctor/psychiatrist?

can confirm this.

once you realize you are capable of working out 3 times a week, and doing cardio 3 other times a week, and you do this consistently for months and learn to enjoy it, you realize you can get disciplined to do many other things.

Discipline is not even a real thing
You just make a choice of what you want more: aesthetics or cheeseburgers

Hell they arent even mutually exclusive, just TRACK what you eat and make it fit with your macros

what is f.lux abd for wat is it good

Eye health

You get used to it. There is also different settings you can turn it up or down. I don't even notice it anymore until I get on someone elses and it's way too bright. Definitely a useful app.

Got ADHD (actually tested when it was still relevant) and it's hard but it's simple: just don't be a pussy.

Lifting has helped greatly with discipline, I take more time to study and even try to learn things in my free time now. Just don't be a bitch and force yourself to do the thing you're supposed to do, literally think "Have some self-control idiot" and go for it.

Please nigger, don't go to Dr. Shekelstien and be addicted to medication, learn to get over this yourself and your mind/willpower will be stronger than the ones who haven't had to deal with this.

this boredom kills cutting days for me. just keep your mind occupied. get extra hours at work if you have to. just don't get alone with your own mind.

you can choose to have it, if you want it

I think that it can be trained. Probably a lot of my discipline was learned through playing american football when i was younger. The practices were pretty hard but they were good for me

Circadian rithym control. It keeps you from not being able to sleep till 2 am because blue light makes your brain not produce sleepy chemicals.

I was diagnosed with ADHD at a very young age and the doctors said that at the degree of severity that it would never diminish.
I finished highschool late and started college late (21) but still managed to get through it all without medication.
Don't turn ADHD into a crutch because it isn't, if I can do it so can you user.

I got told I had ADD in primary school. Turns out I was just bored. Good thing my mum isn't a retard and refused to put me on zombie pills. Instead she just belted me on the arse when I was being a shit

I know this sounds like non-advice, but discipline and focus is all about wanting something and how bad you want it. The reason you pick the triple bacon burger and cheese fries is because you want them more than a healthy body.

As others have said here, just keep working on getting healthy/buff/stole. It is a snowball effect. You need to feel what a healthy body starts to feel like before you know how bad you really want it.

FUUUUAARK BEST BURGER

My 4th of July meal

shit, ive been using f.lux while working on my dissertation. is it making me go to bed earlier?

The dissertation is probably causing you to fall asleep.

Both

Twin studies have been done on personality traits, and of the traits tested, self-control was the most influenced by genetics (as opposed to environment)

People with shitty self-control genetics have to fight against their own nature when they have to do something, but it can be done

>Why would I want to spend hours half the time of my computer looking at a piss yellow tint screen

When the alternative is bi-weekly head splitting migraines that take you out of it for the rest of the day, you learn very quickly to get over it.

ADHD is so prevalent that I think it's an evolutionary advantage in our increasingly complex society