St. John's Wort

Hey Veeky Forums, I suffer from pretty bad depression and have been taking St. John's Wort on and off for a while.

I wanted to know specifically how it works? IE, if it works more on a long-term scale or a short-term scale, what it specifically does to your body, etc. I attempted researching it but there's nothing specific.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tianeptine
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>sjw

Triggered

It doesn't work. Go see a psychiatrist and a psychologist / counselor / therapist and get proper treatment. Don't try to self-medicate.

wtf is this this shit?

doesn't work

MDMA works

It's basically just an ssri, you can get your insurance to pay for a real one.

It's actually seemed to work pretty well - I'm not sure how much of that can be contributed to the placebo effect but if it works it works

I chose St. John's Wort so I could hide it from my family with no prescriptions/etc, plus St. John's Wort has way less negative side effects than most prescription anti-depressants doesn't it?

Bump for my own sanity pls

here you go faggot examine.com/supplements/hypericum-perforatum/

Doesn't work.
Go and lift heavy shit
>watch number increase little by little every session
>endorphin release
>take cold showers after
>masturbate because it feels really, really, good after squats+deadlifts+cold shower
>avoid psychiatrists because fuck that, rather spend money on beef jerky
>slowly gain dat aesthetique body
>improve self-esteem
>get grillfreng
>sex is awesome
>some bullshit and you break up
>deeply regret it
>lose gains
rinse and repeat.

yeah OP, just lift the depression away, just like fucking your way out of AIDS.

forgot to add:
>get depressed again

Have you tried a dose of Jesus?

honestly the best thing you can do for depression is daily cardio

>cardio kills ur gainz
>best thing you can do is cardio
>best thing you can do is kill ur gainz
>you are ur gainz
welp

>falling for shitty memes

well you deserve to be depressed then

>most body builders are horribly depressed and life solely to justify some need to be bigger than others
>cardio fags go for a 20 minute run and go about their lives without counting macros or calories or any of that bullshit
I eat whatever I want, whenever I want, have insanely strong erections, and if I gain weight over the weekend. I just run a little farther and I lose weight.
Veeky Forums has no idea how liberating cardio is in comparison to the never going to make it life of lifting.

shhh. let him live in his fantasy where he thinks life gets better the more muscle mass he has

b-but i want user to be happy.
honestly the most any man should lift is a brosplit at a decent weight.
Just enough to keep all the muscles of your body active so you benefit from HGH, test, and general good blood flow from muscle activity. Once you reach a certain muscle mass it does nothing for you physically, you don't randomly gain a bunch of test, you lose the feeling you had when you first started lifting and gaining muscle and looked at yourself thinking you look sexy as fuck.
That's why it's called the natty limit.
Cardio on the other hand, 10 minutes daily is enough to push away depression every single day, all this bullshit about cortisol levels rising.
Only niggers who don't do cardio say that.
The reality is when you're stressed out cortisol levels rise, so go do some cardio, you stop being stressed out and cortisol levels drop.
God damn I love cardio, I love swimming, running, hiking, playing basketball, soccer.
Nigga could take my dog tomorrow and I'd just be like shit, dogs gone, better go run to not let the sadness kick in.

I guess the downside is I don't remember what sadness feels like.

I tend to agree.

Most of the "natural" remedies for depression have very little effect.

It's cause by the roots of: your inner dialogue, your emotions, your physical health, and your life choices. Those are the things that need to be addressed.

Listen /f/ro. I pop SJW 3 pills deep every once a month or so. I can't say specifically why, but it helps a lot short term. I'd say about 24 hours and it kicks in 15 mins after taking them depending on if I've eaten anything.
I've never done it consistently but my buddy did and he only seemed to use it for the short term effects it had on making him feel more confident and less nervous.

it does work, but if your actually not just depressive, but bipolar, it can turn you literally pants-on-head, max your credit card, drink yourself into a ditch, suck dicks and aids level crazy

Since were in a herbs thread..

Anyone know if it would be advisable for me to try Dandelion for quitting alcohol

I'm Bipolar, not taking the pharama jew, and currently taking valarian, kava, melatonin, and omega 3, and lots of beer (which im trying to stop)

You shouldn't be taking so many blue pills man. You could become a tranny eventually.

Hi OP. My friend started taking St. John's wort for his mild depression. Basically, he says that 99.9% of the time, they keep the depression and away while allowing him to think and function normally, whatever that means. He says it works though, and he has nothing to complain about. He takes two caps daily, even though it's not necessary. You could take it on an as needed basis. The st. John's wort keeps him from reaching those really low lows, but doesn't turn him into a zombie, which is cool. Cheers and best wishes.

If you're depressed, even just a little, it helps to talk a professional to sort some of those things out.

It has no proven benefit on depression from what I remember (neuro major in uni). There have been a few studies but mostly inconclusive.

It does, however, severely interfere with the functioning of certain medication so if you are insistent on taking it please be sure to let your doctor know. Like it can prevent aids medication from working that ain't no shit to play with.

this OP, all your answers are here.

Mdma works for one night, then the next morning you'll feel 100x worse

Go see the people who write prescriptions for pills for themselves, drink alcohol, and prostitute themselves to deal with the horrible realities of their existence....yeah...how about no....

Are you even jewish?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tianeptine

I've hear if you dose yourself with piracetam the week prior to using mdma, you won't crash so bad. If at all.

are you really telling people how to properly fry their medulas???

So basically this says that the pill works more on an individual basis as opposed to taking multiple pills in order to maintain a steady increase of the "feel good" chemical - right?

As in, one pills effects will last for a few hours?

you are a blessing. thank you