Game of thrones general

game of thrones general

oh and arnold is cool i guess

You must be new Arnold is a square.

>16 year old girl gets stabbed 3 times by a trained assassin, survives and escapes
>grown ass man gets stabbed once by a literal child, can barely move across a room
I guess what can you expect from a show with dragons and good female leaders

to be fair, he was stabbed in the kidney.
not an excuse, but fuck it, ill suspend my disbelief anyway.

game of thrones is all about "you didn't expect that to happen in a fantasy setting huh? look at how gritty and realistic we are!"

This
It's a shit tv show full with liberal pc cancer. mah female empowerment.

>confirmed for never reading the aource material
But to be fair its much darker in the books.
What you fucks dont know is the whole "gritty" atmosphere in recent media stems from audiences who enjoyed RR Martains work to begin with. Its like those fuckers who see the lord of the rings and call it generic fantisy. I dont have enough palms or faces for you fucks.

Sorry senpai I don't read or watch overrated autistic normie generic shit.
You have zero taste mate.

You definitely don't have any friends

Fuck off pleb

The books are just as shitty

>Hurrr
>If anybody else likes thing then thing is stupid
>All my durrrrrrrrr

holy fuck all i see is negativity from you fucking losers. game of thrones is an amazing show and nothing you angry fedoras say can change that

Nobody cares what you like or don't like

Stop posting you pathetic autist

Kill yourselves you neuro-typical heathens.
Get some taste plebs.
Brb fucking your wife's son.

How so?

THE KING OF THE NORTHTHE KING OF THE NORTHTHE KING OF THE NORTHTHE KING OF THE NORTHTHE KING OF THE NORTHTHE KING OF THE NORTHTHE KING OF THE NORTHTHE KING OF THE NORTHTHE KING OF THE NORTHTHE KING OF THE NORTHTHE KING OF THE NORTHTHE KING OF THE NORTH

You couldn't even articulate your sentiment on your own? you had to pull up an image with a small excerpt from two completely different kinds of books?

There is more to writing than vocabulary and sentence structure, you do realize?

How's life on the spectrum?

Fucking kek. Name another one of F Scott Fitzgerald's books without googling it. Oh? What's that? You can't? Of course not. Not many people can, either.

Pretty much everybody knows the ASOIF series, though. And the Kingkiller chronicles (which he helped edit) are also pretty damned famous.

You're thinking that old and classic equals good. In this case The Great Gatsby is a pretty good book, but that infographic is putting it on a huge pedestal.

Also, the ASIOF series is fucking massive. The smallest book of 6 is multiple times the size of Great Gatsby, and there's still more to come.

The writing styles that go into a goddamned epic vs a short story are totally different. PLus, different styles, different audiences and totally difference context for the scene.

TL;DR:
You should stop commenting on writing.

SHE DRANK FROM THE FOUNTAIN

One quarter of your post is projecting

Another quarter is getting autistically angry over a joke image

The other half is posting shit:

The popularity of a book does not matter. The Harry Potter books are popular; they are also shit.

The length of a series does not particularly matter, and may even be an indication of bloat (which is true in the case of ISOISIAIFAIF)

Sure, epics and novels are written differently, but Martin still has godawful prose and him writing what you would call an epic, does not excuse that.

How's life with massively inbreed genes?

Please keep your Veeky Forums pontificating off of Veeky Forums

Not user but so your point is things that are popular are good?
Time to join crossfit ain't it
You sound like an angsty /mu/tant defending One Direction, congratulations.
Arnold wakes up and wishes he had the definition of a square. Politics makes you ugly.
So is almost every commercial item, service, or media targeted at college students. Most of you are college students. Why wouldn't it be?

>Maybe if I call it a joke image people won't think I'm a retard for sharing it

Nice try kid.

No, my point isn't that popular is good. It's actually that popular doesn't always equal good. Great Gatsby is popular, and certainly interesting, but it hardly redefined literature, and is a horrible thing to compare other books to.

The snippet taken from ASIOF in the image is a part of a larger part of text that describes how desperate a main character is. It uses the language it does to convey how hopelessly fucked she is. She just came from a palace where she was queen, everything is dignified and things are generally pretty civilized. Now GRRM is using crass language to show the huge shift that's been undergone for that character, and how her situation has done a huge 180.

Thousands of book readers picked up on this, and that's why it's popular. It's popular because of good writing; not the other way round like you're claiming I implied.