To stop falling over

ITT: clumsiness
>falling over
>knocking shit off shelves or desks
>cant catch a ball
>hit head often
Any of you fine Veeky Forumsizens clumsy?
First I thought this shit would be over if I grew up but now im 24 and still got this. Then I started lifting hoping it would cure it, well, not exactly.

Any tips or advice on curing being a clumsy idiot? This keeps ruining my chances of being confident and feeling like a functional human being.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XjjxZs21nsA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Take up a martial art... You get clumsy you get hit, choked or broked

practice basic coordination skills

That shit happens with your brain, also eye-hand coordination or some stuff, but I'm positive it can be trained, try playing ping pong or tennis maybe?

My advice is stop being clumsy. Easily the best way to fix the problem.

Being clumsy myself, I found only one solution. You have to stay focused while performing various tasks - not in a nervous-scared-of-failing way, but in a relaxed manner. It was a "think what you"re doing" issue in my case, don`t daydream.

Okay, thanks for honest answers. Unfortunately im broke as fuck so cant pay for any other activity other than the gym so i guess ill just try to concentrate more while doing stuff.

This shit is awful, ruined my childhood. It seems like if you are clumsy, nobody will take you seriously, and as a child, others will think you are a loser.

I've found that resistance band training increased my fine motor controls, and I'm less clumsy now. I figure that if I keep it up, it will continue to improve. Cheers!

I would also like to add that you people who lift for women out there, not being clumsy is pretty important cause if you step on her feet or whatever cant really come out good.

probably low test

when I pinned I could suddenly swat flies out of thin air

How can something as little as that ruin a childhood. No one remembers, and you prob just gve them some laughs. Its not like people think its intentional.

youtube.com/watch?v=XjjxZs21nsA

This shit actually helped me being more stable, just don't do it in gym, you'll look like an asshole.

I do it every morning.

You ever been tested for Autism or Sensory Processing Disorder?

I'm clumsy AF and I'm honestly worried it's something neurological (both my mother and her brother have Multiple Sclerosis), but I'm too much of a poorfag to get anything tested so I'll just walk around with bruises forever I guess.

You either suffer from inner ear deficit or binocular deficit (your eyes).

Get prescribed vestibular rehabilitation and get your eyes checked by an orthoptist.

This advice also applies to people suffering from any kind of motion sickness, fear of heights, or whatever. Trust me.

Start judo. It'll help your balance Failing that at least you'll learn to fall without snapping your shit.

What, really? I do have a fear of heights. I thought that was a pretty normal survival instinct or something.

never.

Any home routines that can help this?

I have poor balance and cannot catch anything ever because my right eye is barely functional.
Sometimes when I walk down a hallway my shoulder constantly slides against the wall even though I keep trying to pull away from the wall.

Try to find something that works your spatial awareness. I'm a mover now and if I break shit I lose a job so I've become nearly an ace at spatial awareness. That and repeating the same thing every day to the point where you know you can't fail at it.

If you find yourself doing stupid shit because you've never done it before look up videos of people doing it or even failing at it so you don't do it.

Observe and learn from things around you and the clumsiness will go away.

there is no cure for autism desu

Same. When I stand on one leg to put on my socks I don't have any trouble balancing anymore.

A normal person needs to repeat a movement a 1000 times before it is taken into your motoric memory.
conclusion: throw a ball against a wall and catch it x1000

you probably have anxiety. you need to slow down your movements. your brain is probably running on high speed all day. glide, don't walk.