How much protein is it really necessary to eat per day when lifting?

How much protein is it really necessary to eat per day when lifting?

Other urls found in this thread:

bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/
examine.com/faq/how-much-protein-do-i-need-every-day/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

100-150g

Tbh 100g is probably more than enough unless you're ronnie coleman or some shit

Thanks bros. but doesn't it depend on your bodyweight?

lean body mass, not bodyweight. Also why I gave an estimate of 100-150g to compensate skellies and skinnyfat people.

what do you mean by "necessary"?

typically you want to eat enough protein that you're sure you're not limiting your gains in any way, and that's a lot more protein than what is strictly "necessary". roughly 0.7-0.8g/lbs of BW is what you'll find if you look at lots of studies, with some evidence that even more than that is useful if you're on a deficit. there's no harm in eating more so it can be considered the minimum you should aim for every day if you want to make sure you're not missing out on gains. that said, you can get by with a lot less without losing too much

how do I get a fwb like that

20-25% of cal intake should be from eggwhite

bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/
0.75g/lb is probably enough.

by being a pedo

I dont live in Burgerstan
age of consent here is 16

175g for me i get arround 200g most days better having too much than not enough.

she's 14 at the most you degenerate

I hate navel piercings with a passion

14/16 splitting hair here cummon guys

age of consent is 14 in plenty of countries

frankly I don't care bro she look hot that's all that matters

1g of protein per 1kg of LBM(lean body mass). that is the absolute minimum your body needs. You should aim for about double that.

So a 200 lb man with 10% bf would have 180 lbs of lbm. Which is about 81kg. So eating around 160g of protein would be plenty.

Anything more is essentially unnecessary, unless on AAS or dieting extremely hard.

>American Astronomical Society?
why would they need more?

Depends on how vigorous you train. For pretty much everyone on Veeky Forums outside of /plg/ and /owg/, 1g/kg of body weight is enough. For them 1g/lb is ok

I can't afford whey this month so I'm going to try to get as much as I can for about 25 bucks a week. Thinking about buying frozen chicken burritos from Walmart or some shit.

eggs

I'd eat hot dogs out of her asshole.

1 kilogram of protons per hour MINIMUM

I would of out her at late teens. Maybe even 20. You don't get 14 year olds with a bod like that, i think is too daft to tell the picture is taken from an angle.

Considering human breastmilk contain only about 1 of protein per 100 ml.

And considering babys double their size in about year.

So you guys really think you need that much protein?

Yes, because we're not at a hormonal anabolic advantage

Any dude that asks me I tell them 1g/lb of ideal bodyweight. Since I know no rich pianos, it is usually +/- 20lbs of their current bodyweight.

At least three proteins

Literally specifically says how much to take in the sticky thread.

>never track protein intake
>some days I don't even eat meat
>make endless gains
>see people obsess over protein intake even though not being at the maximum optimal perfect macros is about the same as missing a couple days at the gym every year
>poor people actually prioritize their whey meme over basic needs
>t- thanks supplement industry

At least 2.5g leucine every 4 hours, from 30-50g protein. No protein in between meals, as you must allow blood amino levels time to fall. This is what the latest protein researchers suggest for maximal MPS, but nutritional science is garbage so do what you wanr

This lol. It's the biggest scam and people believe it.

muscle protein synthesis is regulated on an hour to hour basis, not a daily basis. asking "how much protein should i eat per day" is therefore a bit stupid. the real question is how much protein you should eat in a meal.

research shows that leucine is the main driver in MPS, 3-4 grams of it yielding the maximum amount of MPS depending on your bodyweight and shit. depending on the protein source, you need about 30-50 grams of protein for 3-4g of leucine. meat foods generally having more leucine than veggie based protein.

another thing to consider in regards to MPS is the refractory period. it takes around 3-4 hours for your metabolism to "reset" so that eating again will spike MPS instead of just "continuing" the previous meal and leaving MPS as it is (presumably elevated, but not spiked). this means you should eat around 3-5 times a day, spaced equally apart. if you eat 4 times a day, you would thus require about 120-200 grams of protein depending on where you get the protein from.

>make endless gains
doesnt mean you couldnt have made more gains.
>see people obsess over protein intake even though not being at the maximum optimal perfect macros is about the same as missing a couple days at the gym every year
[citation needed]

holy fuck are you me? just when i was about to press "post"
but you can eat protein between meals, but only in bcaa form.

i dunno. read this senpai

Literally the most perfect girl I've ever seen in my life (and thats 31 years)

Your weight in kg in gram, divided by 1000.
If you weigh 100kgs eat 100g, 80kg 80g, 50kg 50g etc... if you eat more your body will shit it out

>that girl has any chance of being younger than 16

lol, go outside sometime.

>converting to gram (multiplying by 1000) just to divide by 1000 again

jesus, just say 1g per kg of weight

Jij bent echt een kanker mongool

> Your weight in kg in gram, divided by 1000.

Is the 1g/lb. of bodyweight scientifically tested, because I have a suspicion that it's a myth propagated by the supplement industry, and on the one hand I want to maximizing my gains as much as possible, but on the other I don't want to consume an excess of protein for years and get colon cancer.

examine.com/faq/how-much-protein-do-i-need-every-day/

That's the fallacy.
You MAY be technically "maximizing your gains" by eating that amount of protein but there's so much more to do with higher priority that working out can become your entire life before making sure you're not missing a couple grams of protein a day is really the next most important thing you can fix about your gym routine.
The fact that protein matters isn't a scam, the scam is how blown out of proportion it is. Like people show up at the gym in the evening after a full day of work, 6 hours of sleep the previous night, and do shitty half reps on all their lift, but they never ever miss their disgusting overpriced protein shake because it's the only thing they can buy with money.