Tfw want to join the army

>tfw want to join the army

>tfw not Veeky Forums enough

>tfw I get sweat rashes between my thighs

What do I do Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6YAAku7kTro
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Slather your thighs with axle grease and get on the treadmill, fatty.

>13 push ups
>17 sit ups
>1 mile in 8:30

what can't you do?

I'm not a fat ass, but I'm not in the physical requirements to join the army

LOSE WEIGHT YOU FUCKING FAT BODY

>fucking /k/ommandos

>Wear tights

It's not gay and it'll protect your thighs

Do a lot of neck exercises, cause that's what they measure when they determine your body fat if you're overweight. That being said, lose weight.

>doesn't meet army requirements
>not a fatass
pick one fatty

I'm the normal weight for my height but I don't got the gains

I'm the normal weight for my height but I don't have the gains

Roll

XXYYZZ

XX is push ups
YY is sit ups
ZZ is minutes of jogging

doesn't matter how many sets. Just get it done

American normal/default is fatass

5'9 and 164.4 pounds

since you cant do normal exercises i assume most of that weight is fat you fucking fatty

I never said I can't do normal exercises

how the fuck are you not fit enough for army basic,i got to finals week in marine boot with fucking narcolepsy.

I meant to say you cant do enough of these normal and easy as fuck exercises

military PT is easy as fuck Pvt. porkchop

You can always play army. Get some friends (or hire some re-enactors off craigslist), throw on some uniforms from the surplus store, go into the woods and play army! All of the fun of army and none of the danger!

just lift weights and PT every day.

I was literally just pondering whether I should join the army because I don't have any other way of finishing college and getting a computer science degree in order to class jump. I'd definitely make it in and probably not have to be a grunt. How do I decide anons :^)

just get a your job on lock and be a computer nerd for the army or airforce or do the reserve route and get a guaranteed job in civilian sector

Incorrect. Have no idea where you got those numbers for the apft

Passing for males in usarmy is 42 pushups, 50 situps, and 15:54 2-mile

How does one get one's job on lock

you pick your job in the army the only way you would be a grunt is if you signed a contract to be infantry.

thats the PFT though, your IST is much lower.

talk to recruiter take the tests and qualify for the job you want tell the recruiter you want to go into that MOS/AFSC make sure the contract says you are going into ______ job when you sign
done

I'm in the process of applying to this free coding boot camp but if I don't get in or it turns out to be shit, I may actually finally consider the army... thanks anons

Also what difference does it make that I'm about to turn 26 :/

>42 pushups, 50 situps, and 15:54 2-mile
you get two mins for the push ups and sit ups

still easy as fuck tubby

non really you are still able to join but most new recruits are gonna be way younger than you and way stupider

Hmm, which I guess would just make it easier to stand out...

Do you know of any websites, forums, guides, etc that explain the process of joining and also just what the army is like in general? I mean ones that are not goarmy.com and tell the real truth

ask enlisted forums, military facebook pages made by vets or current members nothing from the DOD they shill hard or the duffel blog

tbqh your experince will vary and can be very shitty or fucking great

or a mixture of both also depends on what kind of person you are your job etc etc

>T. former active duty now reservist

Have you tried watching "Stripes"?

pic unrelated

Yeah, looks like I have a lot of research to do. Honestly I don't care that much about whether I hate it or not, I mean it's not like I'm having the time of my life being a wage slave at the moment. The things that concern me are a)getting a shitty MOS and b)regretting signing away 3 years of my life.

Thanks for the info though this is extremely intriguing right now

No, what is it?

yup no problem bro

like i said google is a great source of info and always have everything down in writing with a copy for yourself

the military is like a vampire and the only thing that harms it is paperwork

a comedy movie with bill murray about military life

Tbqh jar head is probably the most honest

> a whole lot of nothing and boredom

youtube.com/watch?v=6YAAku7kTro

Yeah I definitely get the sense that I need to be very, very careful about how I go about this. But I've actually had the same thoughts and concerns about the Army since I was like 20 and it's not like NOT enlisting has gotten me much of anywhere, so...

Lol, I should check those out. Hopefully I'd get assigned to a job that was at least busy work if not interesting

My numbers were the 1-1-1 test
Required for entry into the army.
You can work up to passing the APFT during basic training, but you don't have to be able to pass it to get in.