Cold water is negative calories

>Cold water is negative calories

Negligible

i thought your body having to heat up the water was just broscience

It's not, but the amount of energy used is negligible

Every little helps. It takes 1 calorie to heat 1g of water by 1C.

Therefore if you drink water at room temp (18C), your body will need to heat it up to 38C. So 20 calories for every gram of water.

So if you drink 1L of water, you use 20*1000 = 20,000 calories.

OK, clearly I've fucked that up somewhere.

You fucked up by assuming the human body is a stove.

Are you implying your piss has room temperature when it comes out?

I don't think so. Calories are not kcal which is a 1000 of em. But no one ever says that, they just think that if they go for a run they've burned 400 calories and not 400,000 calories

Five liter of ice water with 100g of hottest chili powder you can find. Your body will burn the calories because water need to be heated and you get caloric burning effect from chili too. Just do this, eat all the shit you want and lose fat like crazy no matter how much you eat and what.

20 calories =/= 20 Calories

a kcal is called a Calorie with a capital C,

so really your getting well hydrated but doing fuck all to that burger you ate

> (You)
>You fucked up by assuming the human body is a stove.
It's a fair point. But there will still be an effect.

If you're drinking regular water it's 1kcal x difference in Celsius between the water and body temperature.

So if you're drinking water at 5 degrees, body is 36. And you drink 4L of it a day that's 124kcal used to heat up the water.

the capital letter thingy is only for the symbol

So you're saying that I'm my example you'd only burn 20 kcal?

He's not wrong.

Why do you think it's 1 Cal per 1L? That's not a coincidence.

ice cold my nigga

Yes, but you don't drink water at room temperature and not just 1L.

Drink 6. Get icewater. Then its about 200kcal. More if you add ice.

fuck so should I stop drinking cold water if I have trouble bulking?

It was all an example, rather than an actual thing.

the only one that got it right. So by drinking 1 liter of cold water you have a deficit of about 30 kcal. Congratulations, you just earned eating a carrot.

>this fucking thread

You are correct in that 1 calorie heats up 1g of water by 1C
However calories labeled on food are actually Kilocalories, ie 1 kcal (or Calorie) = 1000 calories

Going back to your example, drinking 1L of water at room temp (18) would use 20*1000 calories = 20 000 calories, but only 20 kilocalories which are the ones used to measure potential energy in food

It's negligible.

Awesome, thanks for clarifying.

>living is negative calories

You forget one thing.

When the human body reaches peak heat, you stop burning more calories. Metabolic rate is only increased for the first 10-15minutes or so when the process is being heated up.

Go outside at night in winter naked, your metabolic rate will speed up for 15 minutes to reach peak heat, then it'll normalize.

Nigga...

I wonder how many calories do you burn shitposting?

what about doing some fucking cardio? that's negative calories

Depends how much you shitpost.

I'd say, 10 min shitpoting = ~50 calories at 24°

Could I lose weight faster by swallowing ice

What about eating dry ice or drinking liquid nitrogen? It'll take way more energy to warm up those.

Is this a good way to lose weight??

This. Your body is not directly heating the contents of your stomach.

If you go to Antarctica you need to eat like 5000 calories just to maintain your bodyweight right? So if I eat my regular 2500 cals and I get a 2500 cal deficit, I can lose weight five times as fast and still eat burgers and shit

Fat camp Antarctica. Fund it.

Just imagine throngs of fat children doing jumping jacks in the wast wilderness of Antarctica.

20 000 calories = 20*10^3 calories = 20 kcal

Which is not a lot. This is where you made your mistake ^^

If you put on a sweater you can increase your body temperature without burning calories. If you drink cold water when you're already hot and sweating you'll burn less calories.

Body heat is a byproduct of normal biological functions. Sweating is the main regulator of body temperature; only in very rare circumstances does your body intentionally produce additional heat. Brown fat prevents frostbite, it's not how the body regulates core temperature. Shivering is how the body increases core temperature when necessary.

In reality, you wouldn't burn more calories from a glass of water. Your body doesn't care if you're 0.1 degrees colder, and your temperature will eventually normalize without the body having to do anything.

Hot water ( above 50C ) is positive calories

>icewater
>More if you add ice

what you faggots need to do is eat frozen celery