Is clean bulking a meme?

As a beginner, should I follow the sticky's advice and eat a surplus of ~500 kcal/day?
Or will I become a fat fuck, should follow Scooby's advice and only eat an extra 250 kcal/day?

What are you beginning from. Are you a skelle

173cm (5'8) manlet, 68kg (150#), BMI = 22.7

generally, the skinner and more untrained you are, the higher your surplus should be. you won't avoid all fat gain even with a super slow bulk so there are limits to how slow you should take it.

What do you think the limits are? i.e. how small a surplus until muscle synthesis gets hindered, how big a surplus until muscle synthesis isn't improved

I would run about 500 calories under my TDEE starting off. You want to cut out some of that BF% first, especially if you're on the shorter side.

Personally I would cut to about 15% BF, then start eating 500 over my TDEE for a few months while taking progress pics/keeping track of my lifting gains. After all that you can then cut again to lower bf% once you've made good strength progress.

Im currently bulking hard. Calculator for me was 2400 kcal (5'10" 58 kg), so im eating around 3000 kcal every day. I've been doing this for two weeks and already feel fat. I weight around 63 kg and because I was fat in HS, my belly is starting to grow. At what weight should I stop bulking? Is the belly fat an issue? I'm doing SS and started gym around 3 weeks ago. My arms, chest and shoulders are growing but Im afraid my fat will shade my gainz. Help please!

Dude don't bulk so hard. With noob gains you eat at a real small surplus, get some decent gains and not get fat in the progress.
Bulking/cutting is a meme

I think you're asking the wrong questions. the way you do this in real life is by tracking your lifts, macros, body weight and body fat. then you make adjustments based on the changes you measure. there are way too many factors involved to boil it down to simple numbers like you're asking.

600kcal is not a huge bulk for a beginner. body fat calipers and track your bf%. realize that losing bf% is a lot easier than gaining strength and muscle mass, and the day you decide to cut you'll lose the extra fat with relative ease compared to a non-lifting fatty.

600 cal surplus would only be like 2-3 lbs or something, shouldn't be an explosion. 5 kg in 2-3 weeks? You might have your TDEE calculated wrong

Thanks bros.

Thanks. I'll continue to bulk and track my improvements. When I dont feel comfortable anymore I'll start the cut. My aim is 65 Kg, preferably with low body fat.

I just weighed myself: 61,4 kg without clothes. I don't know. 3 kg in 2-3 weeks doesn't seem too crazy for me. As I said, my aim is 65 kg by the end of the year. I wish it is all muscle, but i'll track my progress and adjust

How the fuck is bulking/cutting a meme?

>I bet he does slow as fuck recomps
>2.5 years lifting
>same weight and looks just a little less shitty
>laughinggirls.png

>I wish it is all muscle
Some fat gain is inevitable if bulking, user.

Why do people cycle bulking and cutting? I just eat a surplus until I realize that I am getting too fat; then I eat at a maintenance. You can burn fat while building muscle unless you are lean. If you are lean you don't need to cut anyway you faggot.

>You can burn fat while building muscle

Our lord & savior
>how long have you been sitting on this information
>this could revolutionize the industry

stupid faggot

Best way to bulk is 80% "CLEAN N HEALTHY MEME" food and 20% fun high calorie food.

If you do 100% shit food you'll end up fat
If you do 100% clean food you'll be too full to eat

>how long have you been sitting on this information
>this could revolutionize the industry

KEK

If you are trying to cut fat and build muscle at the same time what calories are you supposed to eat?

Maintenance? Slightly over? Slightly under?

If you want to get jacked faster by gaining the strength of a fat man in a smaller body then bulk/cut.

If you're okay taking your time at this sort of thing then follow the scoob.

I got into a habit of fasting, 12-15 hours between the meal I have before bed and the first one of the next today. Bulk/cut/maintain whatever

If I'm bulking hard I won't do it just because J can't imagine eating 4000 calories in an afternoon/evening alone

But I'm a believer that hard bulking is a meme, so I usually stick with my fast and eat like a horse.
I still manage a 100-300 calorie surplus, and the fasting keeps me from feeling bloated, why, I don't know but I like that too.

For how long have you been training?

Fasting is really not good for you.

If your body has no energy from food to burn it will burn fat but also start burning muscle for energy, which will kill your gains.

Slightly under in rest days, slightly over in workout days

i wish all muslims died from fasting at ramadan

i mean think about it

>world overpopulation solved
>race war averted
>terrorism gone forever

Two years since I first picked up a barbell but I made a year of solid progression, then I hurt myself, recovered, lifted a while, a non lifting incident made my old back pain flare back up, but for the last month I've been back in the gym.

I've never been one for super aggressive progression, but I ate this same way when I was repping 1.5 times body weight on my squat

On extended fasts, maybe, and especially a true fast, I make sure to eat plenty of protein and fats before bed, then while I'm "fasting" I'll have dark or black coffee to keep me satiated and energized and towards the end maybe some fruit if I happen to hit the ten hour mark but feel too hungry

You are doing good mate. Dont listen to the haters. They just don't want you to increase your lifts so they can feel better about them self. Add in GOMAD on top of those 3000kcal and you'll outlift all these noob-dyel fucks on this fucking site. Keep going, you are just getting started.

nice trying to pass off kinobody's ideas as your own faggot

most reasonable answer ITT.