/owg/ /wlg/

A thread for the discussion of the sport of weightlifting and all things related. Keep the insults, bullying, and shitposting to a minimum.

>Doping news
allthingsgym.com/retests-olympic-doping-samples/
iwf.net/category/anti-doping-news/

>How to Snatch w/ Klokov
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGYKQZg-b1FYhl4P8OnCd_C2v2tjOC55X

>How to Clean & Jerk w/ Klokov
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGYKQZg-b1FaJbNrQrwYXkP0BVDKdTpPy

>Pas notes about the Chinese System
chinfl.blogspot.sk/2016/02/notes-from-china.html

>Commisar's notes on the dank, zesty Meme Method (DZMM)
pastebin.com/u0jiY8sM

>Everett Basic Novice Program
imgur.com/pCKsrOM
catalystathletics.com/article/131/Starter-Program-for-Catalyst-Athletics-Online-Workouts/

>Takano Example Programs [CIII, CII, CI, CMS]
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M8AqZyApAyeSx-AoX3drVwpQEAJzVDvAJsE9PKoPwZw/edit?usp=sharing

>Mobility stuff
catalystathletics.com/video/section/2/Mobility-Flexibility-Training-Prep/

>Useful videos
youtube.com/channel/UCl3WCm2GfvLxvH877oJ1xEA/playlists

>Helpful blogs
yashathoughts.com
chinfl.blogspot.com

>Commisar's notes on the dank, zesty Meme Method (DZMM)
pastebin.com/u0jiY8sM

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHpT6fURAhrN1v0QsoHGLlPX1guNeSqCd
youtube.com/watch?v=e5Dl1o9fIz0
youtu.be/9F_Db2jsw7c?t=3m38s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for trappy's mandick

Lapikov seems to pull the bar higher than some lifters to me
Maybe it's cos he's tall it looks this way idk
Not a bad thing either wayy

He hits at the hips for the snatch, which is what everyone pretty much does.

Can any of you do HSPU like klokov? How do you guys program them?

Why are drop snatches meme?

i did 170x2 bs this mornin

if we're talking in kg it's kinda neat if you weight like 80 kg or less

Just program it like you would the overhead press.

Drop snatches are completely fine.

Eh that's not what a high or long pull refers to friendo

Obviously it's kilos mate this is a weightlifting thread

my hamstring hurts

@106kg bodyweight

W-when will it be my turn

Top kek, weak
Back to plg I go

i'm 85kg you fuck

Esp in that 2nd rep your lifting with your back. Drop the weight.

DYEL spotted

Hello, dyel

have you ever lifted weights?

It sure is summer

le beltless 4pl8 :))))

nice 1x bw man

Le indirect calling people fat roast Xdddddddd

How often do you do you do mobility type stuff? What does it consist of?

I'm still new at this sport, I'm always getting aches and tightness all over. Is this normal for beginners?

u ned 2 lose weight my man

it looks like a pretty good lift, but is not wrong. do it again when you're not 250+ lbs.

>losing weight

TWINKS OUT

Is a trap much different than a twink?

>80kg BW
>100kg strict press
>190kg squat

>can't even into technique for a 1pl8 clean

Kill me

my squat fucking sucks
why the fuck won't it go up?
i failed 117.5x5 today, when i can already bench 107.5x5

should i change to 3x8 instead?

I have the same problem. 2.5 years ago my squat was 5x80kg, and bench was 5x75kg. Now my bench is 5x122.5kg, but squat is only 132.5kg. I have used starting strength, texas method, madcow 5x5, 20rep squat program, upper body / lower splits etc. But my squat always stalls before my bench.

And i don't even really care about my bench.

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHpT6fURAhrN1v0QsoHGLlPX1guNeSqCd

This should be added to the "thread list". Very helpful for beginners, and lots of secrets are revealed.

such low hanging fruit, but it makes me laugh everytime

Because you're doing 5x5

>program

r u having le probleme?

come at me lad

you lll be fucking dead kiddo

yiu got jothing 8n me

fit them into a program?

how do i stop my feet from rotating outwards in the split jerk (leading to ian wilson form)

maybe don't lose weight if you're strong and getting stronger but if you're posting a 4pl8 squat proudly and u look like u should be doing 6pl8 then maybe lose some weight.

Durkz am 105 and squat 4plate. How many is needed to be considered stronk

le fatass pretending he isn't genuinely hurt by comments online regarding what he knows is an unhealthy weight that will invariably lead to chronic issues later on in his life

Stupid question, but here i go:

lets say someone had a very, very strong press, and a not so strong squat

would a clean and push press or a power clean and power jerk be accepted as a valid clean and jerk in competition?

lads is this good form?

Pclen and pjerk is fine in comp
Press of any kind is a big nono

pressout rule prohobits that lad
you have to lock it out just with momentum from your lower body and getting under the bar
you cant actually push the bar up if that makes sense, altho when ur getting under the bar and pushing it is pushing the bar up kinda

the rule states as long as youre getting under the bar its there can be movement at the elbows. but once youre not getting under it its a problezm. right babe?

sorry lad im fucikng derunk

you're not me

Kill youreelf ugly manlet scum

Ty

AT LEAST double bodyweight. Preferably 2.5x.

It's kind of an arbitrary rubric, though. How much can you snatch and cj?

Can someone point me towards the best guide they know of for Snatches?
Most of the videos I've seen, trying to replicate their form just messes me up. I get the best results (both form and weight moved) out of just squatting low to the bar, taking a snatch grip, and jumping as hard as I can while flinging the bar up like I'm doing a Keg Toss.

But uh, that's...not the right way to do them, is it

the OP. How to Snatch w/ Klokov

torokthiy snatch

I think I found my issue--the hip-thrust thing that he's advising against so strongly.
Thanks, sorry for not checking the OP first, those links weren't there when I popped in last a few weeks ago.

>this is for sex
>this is for snatch

classic klokov

>elbows MAXIMUM forward
>bar MAXIMUM close
>hips MAXIMUM contact
>elbows MAXIMUM up
He's so cute

Is it wrong that I actually want him to die or be horribly disabled and disfigured? There's just something about those types that would rather have negative attention than no attention that makes me hope they encounter all the worst pains in life. I think it has to do with the way they try to make everyone around them responsible for their loneliness; the primal, childish narcissism of the "waaaaaaaaaaa, look at me, I'm lonely, focus on me" wailing into everyone's face. I don't think they should even be euthanized, they should be stoned painfully to death as a message that society doesn't need those who refuse to bear the most universal form of human suffering without trying to dump it into someone else's lap. I also feel guilty, because the first time this faggot posted on /owg/ I gave him feedback that may have been enough to convince him to make this his feeding/shitting grounds. I'm sorry, guys.

So if i start weightlifting at the age of 21, will i be slow forever? I don't have any significant sports background. Its not like i want to be the best or anything, but how important it is for speed to start at an young age?

some people are naturally explosive. try to see how high you can jump. and speed isn't the be all and end all for weightlifting.

A lot of it is technique and mobility, and positional strength related too. I'm naturally a very good jumper and sprinter, but I'm not natural at Olympic lifting at all so I look slow as fuck during classics. Speed will come with time though, it may take longer for some. As I get comfier with the positions it's as if my body let's me get into them quicker.

>how important it is for speed to start at an young age?
being born with the right genetics is the most important for speed. you can improve technique and strength to a large degree, but speed (in the sense of explosiveness) is something you're born with. the good oly lifters aren't fast because they do the oly lifts, they're good oly lifters because they're fast.

its a fast twitch muscle fibre thing, some people are born with a tonne of potential for fast twitch muscle others not so much, i think past the age of like 12 or something its very difficult to improve on the amount though

It's important to state dominance of fast twitch won't automatically make you a good oly lifter either. Most sprinters would make poor oly lifters due to proportions etc yet are incredibly fast twitch

most sprinters would make good oly lifters, look at the colombian lifters they all have sprinter builds

facts is chinese build will always be superior

youtube.com/watch?v=e5Dl1o9fIz0

What do you guys think about yelling/grunting while lifting? Absolutely barbaric, or acceptable?

Minimal grunting can be acceptable at max weights if the effort causes some air to escape your valsalva
Straight up yelling like the guy in that video is just autistic

It's not only build though. Most sprinters are naturally very tight

Whatever helps you lift m8. Pretty sure if you're hitting numbers like that noone will care if you're noisey

The Chinese encourage it.

How about you don't worry about looking for excuses and just work hard?

Could someone please post the picture of the stretching guide and routine?

I'm 29 and I suck at this

So I have decided I'm training for masters worlds 2021

Watch your fucking backs old timers

Hi trappy could you possibly make some Webm of koleacki or however it spelt and maybe nicu vlad too so lanky leg people can look it

Try bby

Is Russia banned from the olympics?

Is there actually any rule for how deep the squats have to be?

Could you technically powerclean&jerk?

No.
Yes.

Neat. Why do people go so low, then? To lower the distance they have to pull the bar?

>To lower the distance they have to pull the bar?

precisely

If you have good tech and mobility which elite lifters do then full variation is far more efficient

Exactly.
You're more limited by the power generation needed to drive the bar up than the squat strength.

Ayy, me too.

Gonna fuckin reck u m8

wew lad kys

See u there m8 prep ur anus for devastation

Maybe 230-250 as a 105

what do you make of the 'weightlifters shouldn't bench because muh scapular mobility' thing

I'm seeing it on ig a lot and it bugs me

meme with no scientific basis
and lots of weightlifters bench youtu.be/9F_Db2jsw7c?t=3m38s

yeah ironically the people I've seen bandying it around the most are powerlifters

Which one of the clean and the jerk is the most limiting factor to how much you can lift? Assuming we're talking about pro lifters.

I don't know anything about WL.

People meme too much.
Don't do bench presses or you'll tighten your shoulders.
Don't do squats or you'll injure your knees.
Don't do deadlifts or you'll injure your back.
Don't do behind the neck presses or you'll injure your rotator cuff.
Don't do mixed grip or you'll snap your biceps.
Don't do snatches or you'll break your elbows.
Don't do jerks or you'll snap your shoulders.
Don't do front squats or you'll break your wrists.
Don't let the knees go ahead of the feet or you'll hurt your knees.
Don't do goodmornings or you'll snap your spine.
Don't do crunches or you'll snap your spine.
Don't do widegrip or you'll hurt your rotator cuff.
Don't use belts or you won't develop your core muscles.
Don't use hookgrip or your grip won't get stronger.
Don't use straps when cleaning or you'll break your wrists.
Don't do handstand pushups or you'll break your neck.

The list goes on and on...

I think the meme is mainly stems from amateur lifters who most likely have trash bench form, some sort of pre existing impingement or tightness and a lack of dedication to work that would balance and mobilise

Not many systems would program a standard bench (like a powerlifter style) and not everyone in say Soviet system would do it but if it was needed some may do a closer grip

We have a lad at our gym who has program narrowish grip bench for his elbow health and triceps to help lockout. It's not for big chest but there is benefits. The coach who program him is international coach and lifted under Russian coaches during USSR period

Closegrip is also good for the chest and anterior delts.

Idk to be honest but I know he won't do it just to create a big chest but for the other benefits although he is looking jacked so that is cool for him

Boardshorts has a big chest and most of the time he does closegrip

they're pretty close which makes it interesting. The jerk comes after you expended energy on the clean, which makes it harder in that sense.

There are videos of block jerks above the world record C+J however. Block jerk is when the bar is raised and you just rack it onto your shoulders and go without the clean.

Did a 100 front squat today @84
It's not much but I'm happy.

gj famalam

P I S S

I

S

S

>185kg beltless

first day in the gym huh?

why is your face fatter than before

since my deload i've looked fatter than normal

Water retention from dbol