Oly lifting

Is it common for Olympic lifters to have back injuries? I always assumed they did everything to avoid that since they're professionals.

Bamp

shoulder injuries are a lot more common

injuries in general are not that common in weightlifting.

I wonder how many of these "injuries" are just them blasting the hell out of the gear, and during their cleaning out phase before testing they lose a shit load of performance and realize they're not going to be able to compete at the level they need to without currently being at the peak of a blast.

So they basically just pretend they got injured in order to explain their absents. Then maybe next year they'll try peak better.

that actually makes more sense than a back injury.

beat me to it

Many athletes are injured, altough not many "big" injuries happen in weightlifting.

This is very common. Or some athletes just get burned out mentally, and use this as an excuse.

Weightlifting is pretty injury safe sport. But its not a miracle that injuries happen, when you train at that elvel 1-3 times a day, 5-7 days a week with great ambition and passion. Sometimes you just want to hit medal / certain weight so bad, that you just ignore the pain.

That's literally it. People seem to forget (or just don't know) that sports at that level is basically chemical warfare. The best coaches are generally the ones with the best knowledge of how to best peak an athletes drug stack for competition.

you're probably american, spanish or eastern european. there are plenty of clean athletes.

Yeah, and none of them are good.

SHOTS FIRED

I ant remember where it Klokov said this, but he said (basically)
-Extreme levels of strength and healthy bodily functions don't mix
-You can deadlift 300kg or sntach over 200kg or clean 260kg, or OHP 160kg (these are just examples) and be healthy.
-Same thing with strong men and many athletes at the top of their sport.

sorry meant can't*

Kek

What? Are you saying he said you can't be strong and healthy or that you can?

that a certain level of elite strength is simply impossible without sacrificing health.

I think he's hinting at roids ;))))

even with steroids, certain weights are simply too much even for an enhanced body to handle, he himself for example has had severe injuries, despite taking steroids.

You would think back injuries were more common seeing as cleans and snatches place and enormous load on your spine. I rarely complete a squat session without getting back pain of some sorts. It's gone the next day but still.

You're shit.

Yesterday I failed my squat and had no one to bail me out. I had to roll it off my back at the bottom which was really fucking hard. Despite this I didn't feel any back pain at all. If your back is hurting from deadlifting or squatting you're using shit form.

I meant the health problems that come along with roids needed for the upper levels of competition

yeah i know what you meant, but he meant what i said.

this. Klokov has godlike clean technique. but even he got injured. pushing you body beyond its natty limits takes its toll.