Employedfags, do you prefer working out before or after work?

Employedfags, do you prefer working out before or after work?

After here because I can't function worth a shit when I wake up.

After

> lifting heavy with an empty stomach

I have a powercage in my garage though so I can work out whenever I want, except maybe deadlifts at late times as it makes too much noise for neighbors I think.

Get preworkout and wake up as a beast

tfw you're a student so you work only 2 days a week and don't have to workout on a work day

I work nights so I do it before

I wish breh, but I'm not a morning person in the slightest, though I can burn midnight oil lifting like it's no one's business.

After.
I'd have 2 Bananas around 45 minutes before I leave work. A coffee about 20 before I leave. Might take a booster aswell If I feel really tired, pretty unusual though.

>not getting a free ride off your parents

lmao get off my board poorfag.

I work 11am-8pm and only lift before work or my one day off out of the week...

My schedule is kind of all over the place so I just go when I can, but I prefer to go before work

workout at 6am and go to work

Shut up you over privileged cunt

Ideally, before. Since I'm too fatigued after work. I'm a nurse and I'm on my feet all day. Even if that isn't the main issue, I'm just so mentally exhausted at the end of the day that I can barely focus and concentrate during lifts, which almost takes me to snap city.

>Been NEET mode since graduating in May
>Life basically revolves around sleeping in and going to the gym
>Starting full time job next week
>Worried about it impacting my gains

kek say goodbye to your gains.

t. student who just started a full time job

I lift before work. work mostly closing shifts and my gym closes before I get off work.

I usually prefer lifting in the evening, but I've gotten more used to waking up a little earlier for dem gains.

After, I eat my breakfast, go to work, get back, eat lunch, some siesta (no more than 1 hour, usually 20-30min), a snack, and one hour or so later, gym.

If I don't take the snack I feel dizzy and if I eat it and just go without waiting, I feel heavy af.

4am lifting before work. My evenings are really busy, so open mornings are preferable.

lift before work

after work I'm just too mentally exhausted

Why is it that some people are more inclined to workout before work and some after? Is there some neurological reason behind this?

Back to the garden José, por favor

before, I wake up earlier and I'm more focused at work.

>08:00 wakeup + drive to work + eat
>09:00 work
>17:30 be at home + eat
>19:30 workout

I fucking tried moving the workout to 17:30 but fuck man I need to fucking eat and chill down for a bit after work. Wish I could work out after waking up or directly after work but thats like impossible.

On my off days. Im mentally drained after hours of bullshit and my body isnt as strong notmally than ig I work out in the morning after good nights rest and im hydrated and not groggy.

Only acceptable answer is lift before work.
You can ride your adrenaline high almost half a day and being physically drained is not nearly as debilitating as being mentally drained.

Opposite effect for me. Lifting before work always has me fatigued going in, can't afford it performance wise.

Work 3-11 pm or 2-10 pm. I go after. No one's ever there and I work with the public so the rage fuels gains.

Preference and what job they have, I think.

I get home and take a five minute cold shower and head to the gym at about 5 pm. Home around 6:30. I wake up for work at 4:45am so before work wouldn't make much sense for me. During the winter I just bring gym clothes with me and change at work.

Work 7-5 construction as a steel erector, workout on off days and after work on Thursdays

>wanting to be high on adrenaline for most of your days

Enjoy wrecking up your health stupid fucking trip.

Before because I am tired as hell after work

>tax season
>literally pulling 70-80+ hour weeks for 3 months straight

It depends on if they lift to work or if they work to lift.

I work long hours, if I dont get it done before work I will most certainly dont get it done at all.

You are essentially saying he's going to wreck his health by working out.

Currently unemployed (recent graduate) but when I was in the library all day I would always work out afterwards, and if I have a 9-6 job it'll be the same. Hate morning exercise, whether weights, running or whatever.

bingo!

>full time job
>4 full body work outs a week plus rock climbing atleast 2 times
>back to schoil in August
>brother is grad student with social life that lifts
>he has always been more hard working then me
Im scared... i dont wanna drop rock climbing but I think Im gonna have to...

After, I start work at 9 a.m. and it's a 45 minute trip to my workplace in the morning and a 1 hour 1 1/4 hour on the afternon (out of work 4 p.m.)

>After

Most days the only thing keeping me from murdering all of my incompetent coworkers is the fact that I get to go throw some weights around and get a pump. It's something to look forward to all day long

>Not taking advantage of the 8 hour warmup for the gym

7AM-8:40AM Lift
9AM-17PM Work
17:30-20:30 Uni
21:00-23:00 Give orders to my workers in my compani

Get of my level faggots, still have time to shitpost.

Goodbye to your gains and free time

If it's standard 40hr/wk it will be to be consistent once you've established some sort of routine.

I Graduated last christmas and it took me 6 months in the workforce to get accustomed to a routine. Gains have been constant ever since.

tfw I work 39 hour weeks, but it's shift work, and I've never had the same shifts any two weeks in a row, so I can never get a routine going

This i get off work at 5pm eat supper then chill until 9pm where I lift protein shake shower chill bed repeat till college starts again

Before.
>Gym quieter than in evening
>Get pumped up for the day
>Often work late and enjoy time to cook/be with my gf in the evening

are all possible shifts between 7:00-22:00?

Between 06:00 - 22:00

>work is a 10 minute walk from my gym
>20 minute walk home
>up a hill
>don't need to do any cardio because i have to walk up a slight incline

i've solved it

2 of my 3 gym days are on days off from work, so it makes it really easy to maintain early workouts.

I honestly can't work out after work. I work a 7-4 shift and it will take me 45 minutes to get to the gym if I drive right after work, thing is there is a super sport 24 hour about 10 minutes away from work, which I am thinking of joining. Primary reason will be I can head to the gym 4:30 am, and be in the office by 7:am.

If you work an office job, you have no excuse NOT to workout before.

I work the evening shift (6p-3a), and since my gym isn't open 24/7, I have to go before.

It sucks, because I almost feel like falling asleep at my desk my whole shift.

>It's bretty hard to get up at 4:30am to workout

I work from 3-11. Cardio before work and lift after work. The work hours are great for lifting and shit but my social gains have taken a nose dive

Go to bed earlier.

>He doesn't have a Veeky Forums job
>he sits on a chair 8 hours a day

I do heavy compounds in the morning before class, once all classes finish i just finish up doing accesoriy excersises

I like to do it before simply because my shift starts at 3 pm and finishes at 7 am
But it's pretty quiet most times so I do some plankan and other body weight stuff to fill in the time
Or just be a lazy bastard, but sometimes I fall asleep when I do

Before, so I can GO HARD AS FUCK.

LET FEAR BE YOUR DRIVING FORCE

1000LB JEFFERSON DEADLIFT LETS GO

I do it in the middle of the day. Gets me away from the office I work in govt so an extra long lunch for workouts isn't noticed much

After work, not a morning person at all.

What type of job do you have?

Usually before, but I work in a neuroscience lab so on days I have surgery to do I either take it light in the morning or lift afterwards.

I wake up around 5am, hit the gym, come home and eat breakfast, then head to work around 8am. I'm not a morning person at all but working out in the morning is better. It was tough as hell to become a morning person though.

Before

pros:
- no need to shower 2x
- feel swell and ripped all day
- don't have to fight myself to do it after work

cons:
- nah

Every time I have worked out before 10am, and I mean EVERY time, even if I ate a big meal, my lifting session has gone horribly.

I just can't fucking lift in the morning.

I dissolve failed piglets/dead sows in a big vat of acid then we flush it into the river.

How do you guys lift without eating? My lifts would probably drop by half if I had to lift in the morning.

but all that gains soup!

As soon as you start exercising you have all the energy you need

Im a heavy equipment operator. I work construction 55 hours a week. I workout in Sunday, Thursday, and Tuesday. High intensity on Thursday and Tuesday and Sunday I do more volume .

Luckily my job is only like 50% labour, but its not too heavy, there's just a lot of it. So I'm getting my volume work done there, and making up my intensity in the gym.

Lifts: (8 months)

Squat: 240x3
Bench: 205x3
Ohp: 135x3
Deadlift: 315x3

Paramedic here. Keeping Veeky Forums is necessary for me to perform my job well. Work shifts at different times so I work out at different times.

A lot of my peers are getting fat, as there's no ongoing fitness testing after you've passed the initial. Just the basic medicals which almost anyone can pass.

It's hundreds of tons of pig matter per day, there is no whey I could eat that.

>calls people poorfag
>has no actual money of his own

Sitting in a CAT is not labour

holy shit..i'm in the same exact boat

Like I said... It's 50% labour.

> go to work 8 hours a day, travel 2 hours a day and lift after work
> your fat wife has 12 hours of disposable time and won't bother working out

You'll all be there in 10 years

I would sooner pledge my life to a 2D anime girl than marry a lazy piece of shit.