DYEL skelly here, worried about my posture, i'm becoming a hunchback (slightly worse than pic related)

DYEL skelly here, worried about my posture, i'm becoming a hunchback (slightly worse than pic related)

What can I do to attain proper posture comfortably?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vOgxWp0WyiI
youtu.be/4uzd_nFzj0Y
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Force yourself to sit up straight

>i'm becoming a hunchback (slightly worse than pic related)
>becoming
>worse than pic related

I have bad news for you quasimodo

Golem get ye gone

Will that eventually make my relaxed position normal?

GOLEM GET YE GONE

a rounded upper back like that can be a result of a few things:

>muscular imbalance
>lack of awareness
>skeletal issue

lack of awareness is easy to fix. just sit up taller, stand taller, tuck your chin, and eventually it becomes second nature.

if it's a muscular imbalance then it's usually the result of weak back muscles. that means spend extra time working on your back. this happens a lot to people that do a lot of pushing movements (and thus overdevelop their chest) but negate their back which results in bad posture and rounded shoulders.

if it's a skeletal issue (such as scoliosis) then it can be either the actual spine or just a result of muscular imbalances which can be worked on. if it's structural then you would need surgery to fix it.

At that level of fucked you might honestly need to visit a doctor. Trying to force it back to normal could be dangerous.

But all you have to do is stand with your back against a wall and get your heels, ass, shoulders, and back of head touching it. That's proper posture. Stand up a few times a day to realign yourself, and sleep on your back (no or thin pillow) if possible.

Yes

Do most people have to force themselves straight? Does it feel uncomfortable?

>sleep on back no pillow
Oh fuck I go embryo style

i would say most people with proper posture have to ingrain it and be very slightly mindful of it to maintain it. the important and difficult part is ingraining it into your normal behavior.

it may feel uncomfortable since you're fighting against the "normal position" that your body is accustomed to.

GOLEM GET YE GONE

Honestly if you're worse than pic related, see a physical therapist.

Alright guys, so I'll hold myself in the position until I'm strong enough to do it without struggle.

Any stretches, lifts or exercises to recommend to help? Or is that literally all I have to do?

stand with your back against a wall, make sure your ass, heels, back, and back of your head are all touching the wall.

It's all you have to do. Work on mobility and more pullups/pull work

And just hold it there for an hour or?

are you completely ignoring the whole "you probably have weak back muscles" part of it?

>slightly worse than pic related

>I'm a DYEL skelly

Haven't lurked long, back exercise is like... Pull ups and deadlifts?

thank you kyphosis Francis

Look up forward head lean. Its prominent in younger people now since we live with our heads in our phones and computer screens. Your head lean is quite bad and its hard to say if you need a physical therapist or not at the state you're in.

Treatments:
proper sitting positions

every 3 hours of sitting stand for minimum of 5 minutes

Stand with back againts wall, try to face forward while touching the back (not the crown) of your head to the wall (think the base of the skull where the spine and where it meets, is trying to touch the wall.
Once in that position put arms straight out to your sides in line with your shoulders and against the wall, turn thumbs outward and slowly begin flapping your arms up till the meetvover head and untill they reach your sides. Try holding each position for about 3 seconds minimum. goodluck.

Also, If you're head cannot touch without looking upwards and touching the crown of your head, you may need to consult a physician.

Even better.. Don't sit at all. Sitting fucks up your physiology. Spend as much time either standing or third world squatting instead of sitting.

Why wont my body fall asleep while im on my back?????

The only way I can sleep is fetus position on my right hand side, and its totally fucking up my posture.

if your hunch is worse than OP pic then you'll probs have to work up to being able to do it at all.

baby steps at first, continual progress is key

Deadlifts and squats

Actually thats not 100% true. Sitting is not as bad as people make it out to be. Its just we tend to not use our muscles to stabilize the torso when we sit. We tend to rely solely on our tendons and skeletal structure to take the work load. Thats why it only takes 5 minutes of standing to negate the 3 hours of sitting.

Its actually your bad posture during the time you're up, that causes bad sleeping positions. Work on your structure by trying to keep everything in alignment.

Thanks for the car picture, I always think about that too

>not the crown the back, base of the skull connecting to the spine

Really? Thats the normal thing to have furthest back? i feel like im tucking my chin cartoonishly

Got a mostly sitting job unfortunately

Easiest way is to start doing Foundation Training, in my opinion. Really worked wonders.

They've got a bunch of stuff for free on YouTube, but the DVDs are best. And they've just got a new book out (that I haven't read yet, but will).

Really dramatic improvement in posture and awareness of posture.

Shit, forgot link: youtube.com/watch?v=vOgxWp0WyiI
Start here

Thank you!

>embryo style
my nigga
also lying on your back while sleeping can cause sleep paralysis, have fun m8

Yeah, i drive for a living. Being 6'4" in a prius can take its toll on your structure. I started noticing myself getting the forward head lean. Also i noticed my lower back was starting show signs of posterior pelvic tilt. So its probably best ti check if you have anterior or posterior pelvic tilt, which cause back strain and will ultimately cause the work you do on your neck to be for nothing.

This video can really help you out. She explains what it much better than i could over this.

youtu.be/4uzd_nFzj0Y

the only thing i can think of is putting something that will slightly-hurt/wake you, attached to your shoulders, so that when you move during sleep you either wake yup or dont change position, escalate with need (start with/from lower first)
>fail sound button toy
>brillo pads
>24 grit sandpaper
>a bunch of thumbtacks with ducktape
>bed of nails sample
>anti-personnel mine

gl

Should I hold my phone straight out to discourage head tilt?

Yes, also you can try ti move your eyes and head (not your neck) to look down. When uou feel your neck and shoulders arch you are in bad position.

Mothafucking deadlifts will solve it, and if you start deadlifting you may as well just do SS(or any other good novice routine) and man the fuck up

Been thinking about taking the SS plunge

Is trex a meme?