Should I stick to my own routine?

So basically, I used to go to the gym with a friend, who was showing me the ropes. He stopped going for about a month, so I decided to do my own routine (the starter strength one from the sticky).

Long story short, he saw my routine, he thinks its shit and that it's not going to do anything for me. He's made me a routine, should I go with his or stick with my own?

How should we know without knowing the routine he made you?

This..

your friend is a gains goblin.

stick to the sticky. outlift him in a few months.

Chest and shoulders
incline decline normal
bench press superset with pressups
dumbbells close together and flys superset
Cables outwards and down superset with rope going sideways
Close grip
Legs where head goes
Standing shoulder press with side raises
Shrugs
Lay down pull up to head and standing pull to head

Back day

Pull ups
Lat pull downs
Rows
Rows and deads
Lower back
Abs
Standing rows
Seated rows

Legs
SQuats
Leg press
Squat machine with legs close together
Front arm squats
Let raise machine feet pointing up then out
Calf raise machine

This is what he sent me, I honestly have no idea what he's talking about. But it's the kind of routine I'd have to do with him and not by myself.

???? =DDdddddddd

Just do the starting strenght and read the book

This thread was bait tho im sure.

Not bait, just a beginner.

You want a full body routine. If you're working one body part per workout, you're minimizing gains. You're working everything once a week compared to working them twice a week. Keep in mind that it takes 48 hours for your muscles to fully recover. Every second past that is wasted potential. Your friend is a broscientist and an idiot. Trust me.

If the bro stuff you're doing makes for a good hobby then continue. If you want serious gains then stop doing what your friend did and stick with the sticky

I'm just doing it to lose weight, get stronger, and I'm hoping it'll help with my depression.

Adding onto this, the routine given to you by your broscientist will work. But to get good gains on it, you have to be on gear. Serious. I just want you to make it.

I recommend cardio for everything you just said. Preferably cardio outside at night. It helps with my depression.

How much does your friend lift and does he haveva good physique? If he really knows what hes doing listen to him but something tells me hes a DYEL who cant benches 115

That's what I do, usually jog in the forest at night. Gives me time to think.

He was squatting 35kg the other day, I don't really know if that's good.

your "friend" isn't a friend. he has some shit routine he wrote up himself that has given him no-gains. he wants to drag you down to the no-gains abyss with him to make him feel better about himself.

the only reason you would ever consider his opinion on anything lifting related is if you mis-typed and meant he was squatting 350kg.

As i assumed hes a DYEL. Dont listen to him.
Its ok if youre squatting low weight as a begginer but if hes telling you how SS is shit he has nothing to back up his claim. Fuck his routine and fuck him.

Baby weight. Don't do what he says.

Routine literally doesn't matter as a beginner provided you workout the entire body and increase the weight every week. The difference in gains between SS and a bodybuilding split is prob. 10%~ at most.

Just do SS because it lets you increase your core lifts massively, lets you learn correct form, and allows you to spend the least time possible in the gym for maximal gains. Focus on eating+calories and sleep as much as lifting.

Remember the routine is
Squat
Bench/OHP (Switch back and forth)
DL

Then once you begin to stall on DL, you add in power cleans and switch between DL/PC every day.

Once you stall again on w/e, add chin ups so you switch btwn DL/PC/chin ups M/W/F and stop increasing squat weight every day.(When you're on the 3rd part of the program, increase squat weight M/F and use W as a control day or something)

Also remember to stretch and make sure your body's posture is good. (If you have anterior pelvic tilt, stretch your hips/back and strengthen your glutes/abs, vice versa for posterior tilt, ect)

Maybe do some accessory work like planks for your abs and some forearm work so your DLs don't fail due to your grip.

I do accessory work, i do 45 degree sit ups and hyperextensions. Is this enough?