Advice thread

Im 5'10", was at 286 lbs and 40% bf (sadly i dont have any Pictures of that time) then changed my diet and went to 191 lbs, 22% bf in 1,5 years.
Now im at pic related, 164 lbs and 13~14% bf, lifting and cutting for about 5 months.
Should i keep cutting? Or should i start a lean bulk?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5j0yiRlCfyw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Side pic. Sorry for low quality.

This isn't anywhere near 14% bf lad

Your at maybe 17%-19% Imo. And cut to what? You don't have any muscle yet.

That's more like 25-30% Body fat, Don't bulk nor cut just lift and do a recomp. The same shit happened to me. I was 235 lbs at 5'10 went down to 160 in 5 months looked way worse than you until i started lifting. Now i look way better. Good luck senpai

There's no way in hell you are 14%. If you don't lift I'd estimate you at 19 FFMI, and that puts you close to 20%, and I'm being conservative. Are you sure you are 5'10"?

Strange, i went to the doc at the start of the week and he did the caliper test, was about 14% bf.
Im fucking lost, im afraid that if i eat more i will get fat as fuck again.
Yes, im 5'10".

>caliper test
A doctor actually told you that was an accurate measurement? Come on, the placement of the prongs alone is a 5% margin of error, and everyone has different fat distribution.

You look at least 20%

>>
Shit man that sucks.
Would be better if i do a recomp or keep eating at a -500kcal from TDEE?

You ain't gonna be 15% till you get down to like 160-165

I'm in the same boat as you, man. This is me and I'm probably still 18% don't get discouraged but you still gotta lean down.

Keep eating a calorie deficit, but also do tons of cardio. Make sure to lift and get enough protein so you don't go from schlubby to spooky.

Posted in another thread but this one seems more relevant so I'll copy and paste.

Alright dudes looking for advice. Used to be skinny and scrawny and started working out with minimal gains for a while. Got discouraged and stopped but eventually got back into it. I'm 5'11 and started at about 135-140lbs I believe. Bumped my calorie and and protein levels up a lot and started training hard and gained some decent weight. About 175 now And have noticed improvement in my chest, back and arms but also managed to put on a bit of a gut which makes me feel uncomfortable and disgusting. I want to continue packing on some muscle but should I focus on lowering my body fat% first? Not sure if I've gained enough muscle to look decent when I cut.

youtube.com/watch?v=5j0yiRlCfyw

get advice from this guy

Thanks familia, i will keep cutting.

Cut. I think you will look a lot better, if you bulk more this gut will be hell to get rid of.

You think I'd have enough muscle to look good with low body fat? It's just easier for me to gain muscle on a high calorie diet. Clean bulking takes more time than I'd like to feel good about myself. Im afraid after a cut I'd lose too much mass and strength to even look like I work out. But I've never had a six pack in my life. Work abs all the time and I know they're in there. Deep down.. Always wanted to be the guy walking around in a sleeveless shirt or tank top and actually look half way decent, but I'm unsure if I should get huge or get ripped first

You will become fat if you bulk more, i think you should do a proper cut, counting your protons right and lifting hard.
After that do a lean bulk. Rinse and repeat.
I can ser good muscle distribution in you. You will make it user.

Thanks man. I want to be a firefighter and that involves strength and a lot of endurance. I think I've gotten enough strength to feel confident enough and now I think I'll hit the asphalt more and focus on cardio and stamina along with my weight training

Nah man, you should definitely start bulking. If you keep cutting you'll only get frustrated because you won't see any muscles at all.